Discovery Gaming Community
The Powhatan - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Powhatan (/showthread.php?tid=62963)

The Powhatan - sale - 07-09-2011

[Image: perje.png]

...Distance memories
I see warm face for split moment... "Grandpa,im near you", (nine-old-child in a Quebec system), somewhere in a wild region where only spirit lives...
He begins to mutter a old story,i always loved to listen him..

"In the beginning, -he whisper-"water covered everything".
Wind asked, "Who will make the land? Who will make the land appear?"
Lock-chew, the Crawfish, said, "I will make the land appear."

So he went down to the bottom of the water and began to stir up the mud with his tail and his claws.
He brought up some mud to a certain place and piled it up until it made a mound.

The owners of the land at the bottom of the water said, "Who is disturbing our land?"
They kept careful watch and discovered it was Crawfish. When they started toward him, Crawfish stirred up the mud so much with his tail that they could not see him.

Lock-chew continued to pile up mud, until it came out on top of the surface of the great water.
This is how land first appeared. It was so soft that Wind said, "Who will spread the land to make it dry and hard?"

Hawk and Buzzard appeared. Because Buzzard's wings were larger, he tried first.
He flew, fanning the soft earth and spreading it all about. When he flapped his wings, hills and valleys were formed.

"Who will make the light?"
Wind asked. It was very dark.

Yo-hah, the Star, said, "I will make light." It was agreed.
The Star shone forth, but its light only remained close to the Star.

"Who will make more light?"
Wind asked.

Shar-pah, the Moon, said, "I will make enough light for all my children and I will shine forever."
But the world was still too dark.

T-cho, the Sun, said, "Leave it to me to make enough light for everyone everywhere."

Sun went to the East and suddenly enough light was everywhere. As Sun travelled over the earth, a drop of blood fell from the sky to the ground.
From this spot sprang the first people, the children of the Sun they were called, the Powhatan.
The Powhatan wished to find their medicine since a large monster had destroyed some of their people.
The Powhatan cut off its head, but the next day its head and body were together again.
They killed the monster a second time. Again, its head grew back on its body.

A third time, they cut off its head. They placed the head on top of a tall tree, so the body could not reach the head.
The next morning, the tree was dead and the head had rejoined the monster's body.
They killed it once more, putting its head at the top of a cedar tree. The next morning the cedar tree was still alive, but covered with blood from the head. The monster remained dead.

This is how the Powhatans found their great medicine, the Cedar Tree.
Fire was soon discovered by boring a stick into some hard, dry weeds.

The Powhatans selected a second medicine, as each one made a picture of the Sun upon their door.

In the beginning, all of the animals could talk with one another. All animals and people were at peace. The deer lived in a cave watched over by a Powhadar keeper.
When the Powhadan became hungry, the keeper selected a deer and killed it for their food. Finally, all of the deer were set free with the other animals, and a name was given to every animal upon the earth.

This is how it was in the beginning with the first our people, the Powhatan Indian tribe."

"So son remember the roots, never forget who we are and where we come from..."

that was long ago...

My name is Herman Dillon, son of Thomas(Arrete-catte waho "Large elk" ) and Elizabeth (Ahyoka "She brought happiness")
Herman, name given because a white world, my grandpa, great chief of Powhatan tribe -Mantotohpa "Four bears"called him , took me in his large and strong hands
wind,was around, he looked me in a eyes , than in front of all he say -Okemos! a "Little Chief" "that name given to you, little one , by the great one..

i was work in terraform agricultural landscaping institute Montreal, Quebec system.
when one day someone come to me in a field where i was work...

"Haug, Okemos little chief,i am Dr Nicolas chief of Mohican tribe, nice to meet you finally."
(thoughts running through my mind)*Finally? He know my Indian name? Who is he?*

"Haug Dr.Nicolas, welcome to my world, world of terraform and landscaping...

"And mister did one find me? For what reason you so need me?"

"The Great spirit sent me for you my brother, and you need us like we need you"
Time for reunion is come my brother,time to fulfill our destiny, and to follow what you and my ancestors write in our genes..."

"What path? Our destiny? i am confused..."

"Do not be confused brother, come with me i will explain you all...
Do you have some combat skill? do you fly in a sabre?"

"Yes ... my grandfather, then my father learn me how to fight on those ships, i have one, why you ask?"

"Get to know your sabre, you will depend on him, not just you, we all depend on our skills and our sabres,"

( I was lost in my memories and wandering) what this guy want from me? he say us? there more like him , like i?

It was strange for me, i was Herman, engineer of agricultural science, terraform and landscaping maestro,now i m a chief of a tribe
and a lot my people believe in me,depend of me.
Dr Nicolas was talk about ancient tribes and ancient chiefs who are leading our people against a white man, against a prison of our souls and our
way of life.

"I was like you Herman. simple man with simple life... now we had higher cause for our egzistence for our life's.."
"you meet our brothers Herman, you will see you are not alone in this world, they us a lot who want a same , a freedom for our tribes!"

*We land on one planet i couldn't remember, he took me to his villa, (he say villa i prefer say a small state on a planet), around you can see and felt only a freedom in the air in the earth in our souls.
Also i was entering in a huge room and there was a people, chiefs from a forgotten tribes... i didn't need to ask who is who,they are ages like me, they are was so confident...

"Haug brother! almost in one voice all of them .."
"Haug!"

*dr nicolas something whisper to one of them...*
"Sit on your place, brother"... he say
(my place my chair? he know that i come with him?)

"Gentleman, brothers i represent to you our brother, chief of northern tribe ...The Powhatan! "

[Image: perje.png]