Discovery Gaming Community
Europa Universalis 3 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Europa Universalis 3 (/showthread.php?tid=63479)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Europa Universalis 3 - Politus - 07-20-2011

Anyone else play it? It's a Grand Strategy game in which you play as any nation in the world that existed at the time you start, and from that starting point what you do is pretty much up to you. It spans a little over four centuries, from late 1399 to 1812, takes place all over the world -except for the poles- and is an awful lot of fun. Since I've invested so many hours in this addicting game, I was wondering if anyone else had played and enjoyed it.

Europa Universalis 3 - Luksiboj - 07-20-2011

I have played EU1 and EU2,downloading EU3 at the moment...
But first two games were extraordinary,i have never played such strategy games.So deep,complex and detailed but yet not too complicated.A perfect balance of realism,diplomacy,war and economy.Love the franchise a lot!
I hope i'll like EU3.Can't wait to try it out.
Ty for reminding me of this beautiful game!

Europa Universalis 3 - Cawdor - 07-20-2011

I'll give it a shot I guess.

Europa Universalis 3 - Patrician - 07-20-2011

I play 2 on occasion. If the complexity isnt a deterrent, try the Hearts of Iron series. WWII grand strategy game. I will say the learning curve is steep but the forums help a lot.

Europa Universalis 3 - Jihadjoe - 07-20-2011

Paradox's strategy games tend to be pretty good. I've played 2, but not tried 3 yet. The Hearts of Iron series has been something I've played a lot however... Enjoyable stuff, and once you get your head around it, it's far less complex then it appears.

Europa Universalis 3 - West - 07-20-2011

yeah Hearts of Iron series is epic, yet it's more complicated, but as soon as you set up a nation for yourself it appears to be not that hard, as Joe told.

damn, try to play for Japan in HoI 3. It's so hard from the start to invade all that little islands >.>

Europa Universalis 3 - Gaz83 - 07-21-2011

' Wrote:Paradox's strategy games tend to be pretty good. I've played 2, but not tried 3 yet. The Hearts of Iron series has been something I've played a lot however... Enjoyable stuff, and once you get your head around it, it's far less complex then it appears.

Yeah, hearts of iron is great, I still haven't got 3 yet though.
Europa Universalis looks pretty good aswell.

Europa Universalis 3 - Evan_ - 07-21-2011

Just tried it. Too many buttons, even to me who grow up on Civilization. Might give it another go on the morning.

Europa Universalis 3 - Luksiboj - 07-21-2011

Tried EU3 and couldn't find my nation!Big minus here!They should improve over time but they instead cut the number of playable nations.Too bad.I hope there is some patch to correct this.

Europa Universalis 3 - Politus - 07-21-2011

' Wrote:Tried EU3 and couldn't find my nation!Big minus here!They should improve over time but they instead cut the number of playable nations.Too bad.I hope there is some patch to correct this.
Perhaps your country did not exist at the time you started? o_O What country would that be, anyway?