Discovery Gaming Community
Restrict "Death" threads. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Restrict "Death" threads. (/showthread.php?tid=63642)

Pages: 1 2 3

Restrict "Death" threads. - Madvillain - 07-23-2011

hmn ... maybe your right.
but ,eventually , should this community be allowed of talking about anything other then disco then ?

Restrict "Death" threads. - Marburg - 07-23-2011

Dear Diary:

Today, July 23, 2011, I was amazed to find myself sort of mostly agreeing with a Spazzy thread.
...it was wierd.
Anyway, it was about death threads & if they should be banned or not. Yeah, they do actually, They really do.

To tell ya the truth Diary, they irritate the feces outta me. Both the celebrity AND the personal family ones.

The celebrity ones do nothing but invite shallow guilt based reflex-sympathy, & drive-by flames shot out of late model, Schadenfreude Clown Cars.

The Family ones get some genuine sympathy, but also invite the exact same thing.

That's all I got for ya today Diary...Talk to ya tomorrow!

Restrict "Death" threads. - Alex. - 07-23-2011

I'm not sure if I agree in the case of community members and their relatives/pets... Correct me if I'm wrong, but political and religious threads were banned because they go to flames too quickly. I've only seen a couple of threads about that, but mostly it was very respectful.

Restrict "Death" threads. - teschy - 07-23-2011

I agree.

To clarify, it's not the trolls that irritate me the most about death threads, it's the page after page of repetitive throw away knee-jerk sympathies that it gets spammed with.

Restrict "Death" threads. - teschy - 07-23-2011

' Wrote:To clarify, it's not the trolls that irritate me the most about death threads, it's the page after page of repetitive throw away knee-jerk sympathies that it gets spammed with.

Indeed. (lolirony)

' Wrote:To clarify, it's not the trolls that irritate me the most about death threads, it's the page after page of repetitive throw away knee-jerk sympathies that it gets spammed with.
Ahem , allow me to say that makes you such a jerk
Its a kick in the nuts for all those people who actually did write a death message of their family/pets/amy
Not the kind of words i'd expect from a forum mod.

' Wrote:They post it because the person wishes to be pittied, not because they care. *Kick*
Don't forget i agreed with ya mate

I am many things to many people. To you, Villain, I am a jerk. That's cool. You're welcome to judge me like that all you like. (thumbsup)

Anyway, the spammers I refer to are not the OP's who post the threads, but the majority of the ones who bother to reply to them. With some exception, the vast majority of death-thread replies are just reflex auto-posting. True sympathy can't be conveyed with a one-liner in some thread about someone they never met. I know, I know...One should empathize with the grieving & offer support, after all, that is what is expected in a civilized society. I do...& I do it by not cheapening the death in someones family with a +1 on some internet forum.

Restrict "Death" threads. - Varok - 07-23-2011

' Wrote:This is wrong. Those who troll death threads do not have personal problems with celebrities. their problem is with themselves & lack of maturity. For the record, when trolling gets out of hand, it is most definitely the staffs job to interfere. Fairness is irrelevant.

also, RIP

Death is a natural thing. It's not a catastophe. Everyone dies. Why do the dead people get some kind of "immunity" to insults?

I mean, criminals get this kind of immunity too when they die?