Discovery Gaming Community
Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Question regarding Corsair food supplies (/showthread.php?tid=63891)

Pages: 1 2 3

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Fletcher - 07-28-2011

So I watched Graveyard of Fireflies on Film4 just now, wasn't bad and it got me thinking. Do The Corsairs have rationing system of food? Do they need the Zoners and raid operations on food convoys to feed themselves? Or has Crete and other bases become agriculturally stable?

So yeah, I'm curious once again.:crazy:

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - r3vange - 07-28-2011

[color=#FFFFFF]If they can build dreadnoughts as big as Igiss' ego, they probably have enough food....just enough

I'm running under the assumption that its easier to fabricate materials than it is to grow food at a sustainable level.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Linkus - 07-28-2011

Food comes via groups such as Samura.
Flying through the most hostile area of space, full of anti-corsair folk.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Markus_Janus - 07-28-2011

' Wrote:Food comes via groups such as Samura.

Why would Samura have a problem with anti-corsair folk?

But yeah there are quite a few groups that the Corsairs rely on for food.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - r3vange - 07-28-2011

One thing I find uber weird. It's 2011 and we are taking about Gene modified stuff. I'm pretty sure that in 3100s even the Corsairs could manage to grow a stake in a vial. That said I do think that rationing is plausable. Also Crete has seas right? *points at japan*

Note: no color for now my keyboard now has several keys completely immobile postin from a phone

' Wrote:Food comes via groups such as Samura.
I'm assuming Samura is somewhat friendly to The Corsairs is due to them both trading with Hogosha, Artifacts an all.

Also, officially, isn't Samura trading with Corsairs illegal? Shouldn't they just pass the supplies to the Hogosha then onto the Corsairs?

' Wrote:Why would Samura have a problem with anti-corsair folk?

But yeah there are quite a few groups that the Corsairs rely on for food.
As said above.

' Wrote:One thing I find uber weird. It's 2011 and we are taking about Gene modified stuff. I'm pretty sure that in 3100s even the Corsairs could manage to grow a stake in a vial. That said I do think that rationing is plausable. Also Crete has seas right? *points at japan*

Note: no color for now my keyboard now has several keys completely immobile postin from a phone
The main difference is, Earth is somewhat industrialised, and a very large amount of wildlife and a good amount of farmland, not to mention millenia of experience in working the land. Yet we're still nearing the breaking point on food shortages, especially thanks to bio-fuels. (groans about bread prices).

Also, does Crete have wildlife? Is its land capable of sustained agriculture? From my knowledge of the Corsairs, early on they were... desperate and became cannibals, at least until they began privateering then they had a little 'Golden Age' since new supplies could be found, and traded with The Zoners.

However, I still doubt that Crete can sustain the current Corsair population without some form of rationing, since raiding is hit and miss, and the Zoners walk a tight-rope.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Klaw117 - 07-28-2011

I was under the impression that the Corsairs always used rationing. As for their food source, I'd say most food comes from pirating, smuggling, the Zoners, and Samura/Hogosha. However, if I'm not mistaken, the Corsairs have a base in Omicron-91 that has biodomes. Therefore, I think they're slowly beginning to sustain themselves. They just probably need more resources to build more biodomes. Lately, they've been becoming pretty edgy towards the Zoners I think. As for Crete, I don't think it can grow much food because of the mountainous terrain and the infertile soil. It's probably also safe to assume that any marine or terrestrial wildlife or vegetation is probably poisonous.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 07-28-2011

Nah, rationing is too nice and too organised for us.

When we get food, those who can, take what they want, and leave everyone else to fight over the rest.

Crete is massively overpopulated, so losing a few million people here and there to starvation or otherwise is no big deal. >.>

Also, most of the food Corsairs eat is imported from various sources, the largest being: Samura, Hogosha, Farmers Alliance, Zoners, Junkers, independent smugglers and traders, and in no small amount, Corsair raiders (Cambridge and Stuttgart are both rather exposed and full of food to be taken). We can grow some on Crete, as we've survived for centuries before meeting up with the rest of Sirius, but little more than the bare minimum to support a few million people I'd imagine, not exactly helpful when Crete has a population of several hundred million and growing.

Question regarding Corsair food supplies - Chico - 07-28-2011

Cambridge and Omega 3 are rammed with food. Every other trade vessel in there is stuffed with thousands of units of food.
For every player that passes, there are 20 or 30 transports. About 20% of these are loaded with food up to their arm pits.

As for bio domes, interestingly, 91 does have bio domes now (and frankly Senor Klaw117, you should know better) so does Gamma. Infact, there is enough space in these to equal Freeport 9...which is purely coincidental you understand.....
I have an appetite for what 4.86 will bring us.

As for cannibalism, there was a rumor wasn't there but for the life of me, I can't find it. Anyone help me?
I just want clarification on something.