Discovery Gaming Community
What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? (/showthread.php?tid=6397)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - S2000Gan - 02-21-2008

Ship: Havoc MkII
Weapons:
2 Nomad Energy Cannons (to be changed due to requirements of [Lane Security] which I am joining.)
1 Paralyzer Missile
1 Cannonball Missile
Torpedos:
1 Mosquito Cruise Disruptor
1 SunSlayer Torpedo

I hear that I should get a Supernova, but the Mini Razor looks nasty too.
What are the possible torpedos I can use?

I'm also interested in what weapons I should get.
I had 2 Purple Goddess Chain Guns, but they didn't hurt Gunboats,
The Nomad Energy Cannons don't seem to hurt Gunboats either.
Are there any guns/missile that are effective against Gunboats or bigger?
Or are the guns only good against things smaller than a Gunboat?

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - marauder - 02-21-2008

First off, get rid of those missiles. You can't hit the broadside of a barn when you're in it with missiles now.

Secondly, lose the sunslayer. It might work on NPCs but it won't dent players much.

Other then that, can't help you. Don't fly a bomber and refuse to do so.

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - El Nino - 02-21-2008

What you have there is a very nice bomber setup... To be effective against capital ships, you should really look in to buying some lvl 9 or 10 shield busters, and upgrade your torpedo in to a supernova, or mini razor... (better make that supernova). You probably have a hard time hitting with those missiles too, i suggest you exchange them for some shield busters, and change energy cannons to whatever lane security prefers...

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - pipsqueak - 02-21-2008

my take is such...

If it is a anti cap ship.

1. Make sure you get a super nova.
2. Since you are lane security, I would suggest you look into a mini razor or a CD as your second weapon.
( you can install a nova missle but, I dont believe you can even fire those simultaneousm though it has an ammo)
3. As for the rest of the guns, buy the heaviest possible ones you can hit with. One advantage of a Bomber is that it has a massive power plant and take take the strain.

Finish with a nuke mine and a good armor.

Why aren't missiles good?
The paralyzer and cannonball seem to be the best missiles you can get.
One is a shield buster the other is a hull killer.

I agree that missiles are useless on Capital ships, I've tried it. It did nothing.
I've also tried Nomad weaps and Purple Goddess on Capital ships, also did nothing.

Seems like nothing can hurt capital ships except for BIG torpedos and other capital ships.

Exactly how useful are mines?
I'm not too sure of mines because I keep seeing logs saying ... has killed themself (Mine)

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - mjolnir - 02-21-2008

' Wrote:First off, get rid of those missiles. You can't hit the broadside of a barn when you're in it with missiles now.

Ehm... really... I bet those TBH Titans I got missile rampage against in the Ros vs TBH last week are bigger then barn:P.

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - marauder - 02-21-2008

My reply was based off of firing 70 class 7 shield busters into a ship and they all missed it.

Now since the ship can't mount a CM dropper, how do you suppose they missed?

Anti-shield missiles have the same turning and speed stats as homing missiles.

So if you can't hit a capship with no CM dropper with a homing missile how do you expect to do it with a dumbfire missile?

I posted based on my experiances in-game with missiles and I stick by it.

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - Jinx - 02-21-2008

here is my loadout :

- BHG bomber with...
* 4 reaver II ( BHG rapid fire laser guns ) <--- vs. NPCs
( or improved debilitators - awesome in pvp, but useless in pve )
* 1 cannonball
* train disruptor missile
* supernova
* heavy CM

the cannonball will never hit anything that is not flying head towards you, nor will it dent many custom designs. mind you, it can e used for two important purposes. - firstly, it is highly dangerous for vanilla ships when you re jousting, - which you will often do in a bomber ( even fighter pilots joust bombers sometimes ), secondly, you can fire it when you charge the enemy, i ll mess up the enemies autotargetting sometimes.

reaver II are nice spray weapons and a bomber powerplant can handle them. train CD not cause i like the blast radius much, but they hit much better than the mosquito that sometimes dances around the target but activly tries NOT to hit it.

I could've sworn that my cannonball and paralyzer missiles are homing missiles.

They track the target, they don't fly in a striaght line.

What are effictive weapons to put on a bomber? - Jinx - 02-21-2008

they are - but missiles in FL tend to ... err.. try to survive:laugh:. - they have such a great AI, that they often decide that dieing for something the pilot wants isn t worth it.

but really, missiles in pvp only hit when you are jousting. - partly, cause they are all slower than a thrusting fighter and turn worse than a battleship ( or sometimes quick enough if they decided to avoid the target )