Discovery Gaming Community
The Pandora's Star - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Pandora's Star (/showthread.php?tid=64541)

The Pandora's Star - Sylvie557 - 08-10-2011

//Well Corona Battlegrou is usually trying to stay away from using too much Zoner tech despite using the Zoner IFF and on occasion the Zoner/Zoner Guard ID. We however needed something to RP CB's temporary base since they have to real place to call their own except for a small lab on Ames. So we figured we would RP an Aquilon Captain joining CB. Just to be clear this isn't a story being used to get around ID restrictions as we are using the Zoner Guard ID and Zoner IFF but rather just a way to explain the backstory of it joining CB. If you don't know much about CB or its break off from LN check out these links: * * *

Recipient: Joseph Rollan
Recipient's Location: Onboard the Aquilon Carrier named Pandora's Star, Omicron Theta

Sender: Cpt Jacob Gordon
Sender's Location: Onboard the Liberty Assault Battlecruiser named LNS-Asgard, Kepler

Subject: Haven't Spoken in Awhile

Hey,

What has it been, six months since we spoken last? I haven't heard from new since you were able to buy that Aquilon Carrier and upgrade from the Corvo you were using to explore the Omicrons. Well I'd thought you would like to hear I might be leaving the Liberty Navy, I know you always hated me making that decision, because me and the rest of the Corona Battlegroup have been hearing rumors that the Liberty Navy Admiralty plan on disbanding us and if they do we decided to leave the navy and start up our own research firm. Its all rumors though but I thought I'd let you know whats going on and see how the Aquilon is doing.

Cpt. Jacob Gordon

Recipient: Cpt Jacob Gordon
Recipient's Location: Onboard the Liberty Assault Battlecruiser named LNS-Asgard, Kepler

Sender: Joseph Rollan
Sender's Location: Onboard the Aquilon Carrier named Pandora's Star, Omicron Theta

Subject: RE: Haven't Spoken in Awhile

What's up,

Well I hope you finally get out of that damn navy, that **** is bad Karma if you ask me. Oh and sorry for not writing you for awhile, just been busy mapping some of the less explored Omicrons and studying Nomad biology. Actually, I have been thinking of joining a research firm instead of working independent, especially now that I am flying a carrier and can barely keep up with the maintenance these days, so if you do end up making your own research firm give me a shout out.

Peace,
Joseph Rollan
Captain of the Pandora's Star

Recipient's Location: Onboard the Aquilon Carrier named Pandora's Star, Omicron Theta

Sender's Location: Onboard the Liberty Assault Battlecruiser named LNS-Asgard, Kepler

Hey,

Will do. Oh yeah and I completely forgot, how is your daughter Lilly doing? What is she now 18?

Cpt. Jacob Gordon

Recipient: Cpt Jacob Gordon
Recipient's Location: Onboard the Liberty Assault Battlecruiser named LNS-Asgard, Kepler

Sender's Location: Onboard the Aquilon Carrier named Pandora's Star, Omicron Theta

What's up,

See, those damn jarheads are brainwashing you, you can't even remember to ask about your old friend's daughter. Yeah she is doing great, she even decided to work for her old man instead of flying off on her own. Of course she is too wild to do lab work so I set her up with my old Scimitar that was rusting in the hanger and she started doing field work. She is a natural fighter pilot, hell she is almost as good as me(not that it is saying much) and she has only been flying for about 3 months.

Peace,
Joseph Rollan

Hey,

Glad to hear she is sticking with you, you would be a mess without her keeping you in line. Well as I said I will send you another nerual net message if we end up going independent. See ya.

Cpt. Jacob Gordon

A Few Months Later....

Sender: Jacob Gordon
Sender's Location: Ames Research Station

Subject: Job Proposal

Hey Again,

Well it happened, Corona Battlegroup has been disbanded as a Liberty Navy organization and we have formed our own group under the same name. If you are still looking for a job let me know as we are in dire need of a temporary base since we aren'€™t sure if we are gonna be able to buy the Assault Carrier our leader Orias captained before we disbanded and Junction won'€™t be finished for a long time. Ames is the best we got right now and it is not nearly enough space. I figure your Aquilon would do just the trick.

Jacob Gordon

Recipient: Jacob Gordon
Recipient's Location: Ames Research Station

Subject: RE: Job Proposal

What's up,

I am more than willing to help you out mate, just gotta hammer out some guidelines... You are a friend and all but business is business. First of all, I must remain captain of the Pandora'€™s Star... I love this ship to much to just hand over. Next, I ask that my daughter be accepted into the ranks of your snub pilots, I think some discipline would be good for her. Third, I know all you guys come from a military backing so I gotta make this clear, I aint wearing no damn uniform... period. Lastly, you all would need to pay for the maintenance of the Pandora'€™s Star.

Once you discussed all my conditions with your High Command let me know.

Peace,
Joseph Rollan

Sender: Jacob Gordon
Sender's Location: Ames Research Station

Hey Again,

I talked it over with the rest of CB'€™s High Command and your terms are reasonable. As soon as you are ready take the Pandora'€™s Star down to the Kansas and I will fly over there and greet you in person. Glad to be working with an old friend.

Jacob Gordon

Recipient: Jacob Gordon
Recipient's Location: Ames Research Station

What's up,

I'€™ve set a course for Kansas and I will send you a message to you once I am getting close. Can'€™t wait to see you in person, been awhile.

Peace,
Joseph Rollan