Discovery Gaming Community
Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law (/showthread.php?tid=64560)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - The.Wichita - 08-10-2011

-"Right of making available to the public (right of communication to the public through the Internet or other similar global digital network)."
-"Quotes - it is allowed to literally specify excerpts acts that has lawfully become available to the public, to scientific research, teaching, criticism, polemics, reviews, reviews, to the extent justified by the purpose which is to be achieved in accordance with fair practice, provided that must indicate the source and author's name."
-"Permitted the reproduction of copyright works which are permanently Situated on the streets, squares, parks or other places accessible to the public and distribuation and example to public such reproductions."
-"Allowed to transform part of the parody to the extent necessary for the purpose thereof, as well as a caricature, by indicating the part that is processed and its author."
-"Copyright lasts for the life of the author and seventy years after his death, regardless of when the copyright act lawfully released.

Copyright in an anonymous part of the author and published under a pseudonym shall last seventy years of lawfully disclosed works.

Expiration of copyright, copyright act becomes public domain and may be freely used by duty authorship credit, respect for copyright works and to the honor or reputation."

These are parts of international copyright law and the EU Convention on Copyrights.
When I put the controversial quote from the song, I don`t know that it was already released song because I found a the same as the original folk song Navajo Indians and deliberately, i put this poem in double quotation marks, just for respect to the unknown author.
Igis from that side is right, but .... as I noted in the forum, not just Indians who violates copyright law.
Most of the labels, tags, names, signs and other stuff on this forum is subject to copyright law.
Using the names of famous persons, their faces, the works, even using the names of organizations that exist outside of the game, also falls under copyright.
If you are already moving in that direction, then it should turn out fair and all that falls under copyright in this forum and the game limit or permanently removed.
Once again apologizes for unintentionally I caused the problem.

[Image: TheWichita3.png]

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Hexx - 08-10-2011

People are just playing a game here for no profit. It's unfortunate what happened to you fellows, but that's just life. No reason to throw a monkey wrench into everyone's fun.

Until individual copyright owners single out each picture or such, whoever is using that picture is fine. You got hit, it sucks, so just find a new picture, or a new lyric.

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Ingenious - 08-10-2011

I really like the Indians thing especially coming from non-US players. Hopefully this is just a one-time thing

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - AeternusDoleo - 08-10-2011

There's a difference between a couple of nitwits posting something they shouldn't in Flood (something moderators can, when asked to, quickly fix with the Delete Thread button) and the devs including copyrighted material into the next version of DiscoveryMod that gets downloaded and stored on the computer of everyone who plays this game.

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - BalckWidow - 08-10-2011

http://creativecommons.orgcenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

nuff said on this matter.

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - The.Wichita - 08-10-2011

Quote: It's unfortunate what happened to you fellows, but that's just life.

no,its not just life.. its about different beetwen game and real life....when law enter in game, its not fun..

Quote:I really like the Indians thing especially coming from non-US players

wrong- for you and for other.. indians is from all over world,also have US members. and what that have with US or Non US members?

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Hexx - 08-10-2011

Well, I just mean that's the thing. Nobody here goes out and buys a bucket of copyrights to make a sig. We're not making money here, we're just playing a game.

It sucks when someone goes "Screw you, you can't use my pictures for recreation." and it's ridiculous that anyone would be so anal as to say that. I feel bad for you guys, but really, just go out and find another picture, more content that fits just as good as the one that just got knicked. It's not that big a deal in the end, just annoying.

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - BalckWidow - 08-10-2011

Can some other admin clarify this....Or is it some inside joke?

Cannon-"It's not true, his account was hacked."

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Vladimir - 08-10-2011

Copyright is robbery.

Apollogize to Igiss- copyright law - Syrus - 08-10-2011

If someone really goes out and says we are using copyrighted material we have to put it down.

That said, unless you got caught it might not seem to be a problem, but you never know. And using copyrighted material can lead to problems.