Discovery Gaming Community
Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions (/showthread.php?tid=64760)

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Fletcher - 08-14-2011

Ok in this scenario, there is now the ability to have a /restart on nearly all factions that are not restricted, like SCRA or Keepers for example.

The /restart works for official factions by repping their ships in accordance with their lore RP and drops the CSV at their headquarters, or closest friendly base in non-guard space.

Would you perceive this addition in the game as a good, or bad thing?

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Fletcher - 08-14-2011

There are likely many reasons other than the ones in my head.

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - jxie93 - 08-14-2011

No.

The process of adjusting your reputations to your intended faction is often a critical part of learning how such faction role plays and operates. As a recruit to that faction, you have to spend time flying about - shooting its enemies and making allies according to the faction's lore. If you remove that from new players then they'd learn the hard way, risking the reputation of the faction independent players as a whole.

Would be nice to have a /restart Gallia, then I'd actually bother flying in there.
' Wrote:No.

The process of adjusting your reputations to your intended faction is often a critical part of learning how such faction role plays and operates. As a recruit to that faction, you have to spend time flying about - shooting its enemies and making allies according to the faction's lore. If you remove that from new players then they'd learn the hard way, risking the reputation of the faction independent players as a whole.
True and fair enough on that account, however what about people who are already a part of the faction, and creating new characters in the faction. Or just plain already know how the other faction operates?

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Linkus - 08-14-2011

People still do this?

I thought the vast majority of people simply either buy the character, or go buy some bribes ingame.
No need to shoot anyone.

Repping etc was intended to make people learn about their faction.
I think it's pretty obvious that most people, if they don't go for bribes or simply buy the character, just grind missions.

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Echo 7-7 - 08-14-2011

Quote:Would be nice to have a /restart Gallia, then I'd actually bother flying in there.

That has existed for quite some time now. It gives you a CSV in Champagne with 3-4 bars friendly of all Gallic factions.

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - AeternusDoleo - 08-14-2011

The current process consists of pumping a few credits into bribes then buying the ID. There's nothing learning about it anymore. Eradicate all bribes if the learning is to be part of things.

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Jeremy Hunter - 08-14-2011

' Wrote:People still do this?

I thought the vast majority of people simply either buy the character, or go buy some bribes ingame.
No need to shoot anyone.

Repping etc was intended to make people learn about their faction.
I think it's pretty obvious that most people, if they don't go for bribes or simply buy the character, just grind missions.

Order had no bribes. We're not corruptrd like Liberty. /biased propoganda

Would make it easier to set up Order ships. You do kniw how many missions it takes to rep, right?

@Ech 7-7's comment

Dieter had made some Gallia restarts (essentially restarting you with GRN, Council, Brogand, etc repped shiplones. But those wete removed do to some wiseguys moneyfarming...when all there was were Novas, Mosquitos, and two set off fighter guns in the fighters to switch between the fast and slower guns, fepending on preference).

Hypothetical Scenario: /restart command for nearly all factions - Tachyon - 08-14-2011

I say no, if you want to be part of the NPC faction , do sth. for it, not just /restart.
It would make things too easy and we all know:
lack of challenge kills the fun.