Discovery Gaming Community
Flying Tigers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Flying Tigers (/showthread.php?tid=6477)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Flying Tigers - mjolnir - 02-24-2008

Well... thank you Unselie that you pointed out that they exist... otherwise I would not have known...:unsure:

I like it a lot so far.

Only two small things:

- KNF is listed as neutral... I do believe it should be hostile... if I meet any of you in Tau 31 I will attack you. Not mentioning Kusari space should be forbidden for you.

- "Weapons and equipment either purchased from lawful dealers or acquired from lootable wrecks throughout Discovery Space."

Just about any weapon can be looted from wrecks.... Coladas... Krakens... you name it

I would suggest restricting those to 2 per ship. Not counting Codenames and Nomads.

Flying Tigers - bluntpencil2001 - 02-24-2008

And listing SCRA as 'hostile' might be a bad idea. 'Unfriendly' might be a better idea, since you are civilians.

Don't give us a reason to shoot you.:P

Flying Tigers - globalplayer-svk - 02-24-2008

only one little question,can faction start with 2 members? i was still thinking that minimum is 5(from faction creation rules). and can faction start total without they are discusses here on disco? because all other factions type there story affiliation,goals etc and all discust about it and now tigers only are here and done.( i know that i am too little to say something here,but i am just wondered,if one msut make something and other no, only come here, and done)

Flying Tigers - Jinx - 02-24-2008

i think the faction just gotto be reviewed by the admins. - posting it officially may be considered an extra treat to the community to give their opinions - but if the faction is allready "ready" and got the gtg from the staff - there is no real need to post it for discusison.

its not like officially posting a faciton idea often results in constructive critizism... . anyway, civilian factions do have it easier to start than military factions.

Flying Tigers - pchwang - 02-24-2008

Apparently, the faction did already get admin approval.

But I do hope that this is the place where that discussion takes place, and the community talks about it. ;)

I think that the part about not being able to join other factions needs to be revised. It's limiting, and frankly, it's not how this community works.

Flying Tigers - LancerZero - 02-24-2008

I was just about to comment on that. I think it's something like:

"9. As a member of the FTS, you must agree to full account dedication in regards to faction tagging. We will not allow members to belong to the FTS and other factions at the same time. Alternate untagged characters offer a good change of pace but please DO NOT show any hostility or be negative to a tagged FTS member when untagged. Review the rules regarding alignment and IDs for the untagged ships."

So, they're saying you can't be a member of their faction and have an indy pirate, or be a member of any other faction? o_O

Flying Tigers - Jinx - 02-24-2008

i think i remember another faction that has something like "you must not have an unlawful char on the same account" in the facitonrules, too. but maybe i mess it up with another game...

Flying Tigers - Bobmarley - 02-24-2008

globalplayer-svk:

Im sure it can but not as fraction but as clan and thats different. Fraction have right (in RP) to be called fraction - let me explain it on example

example:

KNF destroy Bretonian BS.... it was action of KNF, their pilots are heroes bla bla
clan called "X" with kusari navy ID, destroy Bretonian BS... it was action of kusary navy bla bla no words about clan "X"

Be fraction = have something like own "flag", own byrocracy, own command.
Be clan = its same like when few friends in war have same tatoo, nothing more.

Flying Tigers - Eppy - 02-25-2008

Quote:9. As a member of the FTS, you must agree to full account dedication in regards to faction tagging. We will not allow members to belong to the FTS and other factions at the same time. Alternate untagged characters offer a good change of pace but please DO NOT show any hostility or be negative to a tagged FTS member when untagged. Review the rules regarding alignment and IDs for the untagged ships.

I have to go with Lancer here. Not gonna do it. The 66th doesn't allow Corsairs to join, but I think the Conflict of Interest there is obvious. I will say now, you will NOT, repeat, NOT, do well with that kind of restriction. You simply won't have a recruitment base. Most people have characters all overr the spectrum here after a few months. You are fatally restricting their Roleplay, and you aren't doing yourselves any favors...

Flying Tigers - pchwang - 02-25-2008

' Wrote:i think i remember another faction that has something like "you must not have an unlawful char on the same account" in the facitonrules, too. but maybe i mess it up with another game...
That was actually the SA when I ran it. ;) But that was due to a very very very specific reason, and most people went past that anyways. We had infiltrators.