Discovery Gaming Community
To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Base Commander: Freistadt Base (/showthread.php?tid=65029)

To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - Adam_Spire - 08-19-2011

Incoming Transmission
Transmission Origin: Relayed from Munich
Vessel ID: [FL]-FireHawk
Sender ID: Adam Spire

[Image: spire2.png]

You do understand that the Hessians still have IMG technology and still employ its use against civilian and corporate targets correct? Like this Hessian IMG Gunboat the [RF]Heart.of.Silver .

Harley Kent was patrolling Omega 7 and ran into one Reaver force after another. The last one was a bomber fighter pair. Not in a million IMG years can I imagine who hired them to attack Kruger ships. It will just have to remain a mystery. Now when the bomber pilot saw his troubles with an anti bomber/fighter Gunboat, they called in one of your IMG acquired gunboats. When I say acquired I mean you sold out to the Hessians to take care of a mutual problem.

Now I understand space is vast and sometimes you just can'€™t predict that a rebellious faction hell bent on annihilating the existing government of Rheinland could ever possibly conceive of using said hardware to cause even the tiniest of problems. But, things will happen.

My issue, however, is the aphetic approach the IMG has continued to take to this issue. I understand. I really do. You'€™re an independent faction with an organization spread out and it'€™s just great to have friends in low places. You supply locations and communications to rouge factions, hire out Mercenaries and thus eliminate those who oppose you and no one is the wiser that you'€™re behind it all. As I stated, I completely understand your position.

But it still doesn'€™t stop me from pointing out that you royally screwed up and have no compunction to clean up your own mess.

I understand.

You'€™re just too damn busy working '€˜with'€™ the Hessians to actually attack them.

Again, I understand.

I hope you understand what I'€™m going to do next. Let your imagination run wild.

Transmission timed out

To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - SpaceTime - 08-19-2011

Comm ID: [color=#FF6666]Samantha Hausen
Recipient ID: Adam Spire
Source: Freistadt Base
Encryption: Standard
Subject: Re:

[Image: omegas.png]

Unfortunately the Base Commander is unavailable right now. However he is notified and he will reply soon.

[font=Times New Roman][color=#3366FF]
- Samantha Hausen

To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - Jack_Henderson - 08-20-2011

**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]A former SDW pilot
**** SENDER ADRESS: [color=#FFCC99]Cannot be retrieved

**** TO: Adam Spire, personally ****
**** BLOCKED: All, even to IMG ****

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VOICE SCRAMBLING ACTIVE ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK BLOCKED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Fixedsys]

Greetings, Sir.

My name is of no relevance, but I was an eye witness of the Rotfront rebellion, and as you see, I am still in a position to receive classified IMG| messages. Good to still have all the messages that contain the topic "Rotfront" red-flagged.

Let me tell you one thing:

You seem rather well-informed about the situation in O7, but one piece of almost historic information seems to be missing, Sir. The facts about why Rotfront has partially IMG technology are well known to the Rheinland Bundestag, as well as the Reichswehr.

The shortest version to satisfy your curiousity:

An independent group of the IMG operating in Omega became radicalised. something that may be linked to actions like the DHC| bombing Freistadt, Kruger| openly attacking IMG, or other open or covert actions, as for example Kruger Vigilantes hitting IMG.

Be that as it may, an independent faction of the formerly peaceful IMG miners became radicalised for some reason connected to Rheinland. To be blatantly honest: I am not surprised that it could happen when I watch the O7 news.

The IMG| told them to cease the violent approach. They did not care.

The IMG| sent an IMG/Colonial Kill Sqadron (Special Defense Wing - short: SDW) to execute them, but failed as the rebels' fleet was much too strong and could not be taken down without warships.

After violent confrontations, the former IMG rebels joined the Hessian movement, taking their equipment with them, and vanished into the deeper Omegas.

I guess you can inquire the exact numbers and names of the lost ships at the Rheinwehr officer of your confidence, as these are known.

How do I know?

I flew with SDW when we made contact.

So... complain to the IMG as much as you want: there was nothing that could be done, there is little that can be done, and little reason to do so when we take into account the Rheinland Corporation actions of the last 4 months.

And, as food for thought, as you seem to be a clever person: The radicalisation of formerly peaceful IMG miners, and the constant rise in the numbers of Hessians might be connected to what Rheinland corporations do to those who just want to work in peace.

Perhaps the Omegas could calm down, if Rheinland Corporations acted differently.

Good luck to you, Sir. I hope you start to see that this medal has two sides.

A pilot who was present when it all happened.

[font=Fixedsys][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***

//OORP: It's Jack Henderson replying, he has access to these comms and he was in [SDW]. So it's oorply correct. *winks*

To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - Adam_Spire - 08-20-2011

Incoming Transmission
Transmission Origin: Relayed from Munich
Vessel ID: [FL]-FireHawk
Sender ID: Adam Spire

[Image: adamspire1.png]

To the, pilot who was present when it '€˜all'€™ happened.

At which part were you there?

When the first Reaver attacked the miners on the northern field or the second time that night?

When the RF started sending ships up from the southern fields or when the IMG acquired hessian Gunboat attacked the Venerable?

Perhaps you were the IMG ship parked at the IMG base at the beginning when the Venerable launched from the same IMG base to defend the miners?

Maybe you were the same ship at the IMG base directing undesirable traffic up to the Kruger base and just taking it all in, being Independent an all.

Because the only IMG ship that bothered to communicate was Zeta-3 and that ship was no where near the Kruger base.

So, unless you'€™re a Hessian, a Saint, or a Reaver, you really weren'€™t actually there.

But you'€™re here now.

And about History'€¦

Do you remember the last time the IMG and I had this conversation?

Do you remember when we last talked about the IMG taking responsibility?

I could go back and refute your historical claims and we can go back and forth with endless chatter of who'€™s side of history'€™s perspective is the most objective, but that'€™s not going to happen.

You know, it'€™s frightening that people take snips of history to justify current events, or even the sins of others to justify their actions.

With the clearance you have I'€™m sure you remember me as a former head of the R&D of IMG, back when we could still call it the '€œIndependent'€ Miners Guild.

Do you remember when I said that as the IMG we could make our own path, our own destiny, Help the CR to have and find a home with our exploration carriers and give them something to hope for other than being the IMG'€™s personal guards?

Someone commented that I'€™m a realistic Idealist. I want peace. I look at our history, the one you unfortunately, selectively, and conveniently forgot about. The one where we all came on ships, together, trying to survive, together, making new hope and new futures, together.

That reminds me, how are our '€˜friends'€™ at the SCRA doing?

You, do remember that bit of history yes? You know, when the Collation was hell bent on wiping us all out?

Now realistically, we look at history as far back as our conscience will allow and say, that is why we hate, that'€™s why we choose, and that is why we are. You can fill in the blanks.

I tend not to use history as a crutch, but rather a lesson in trying not making the same mistakes.

See, I wake up each morning with choices to make. Do I let anger drive my actions? Should I join a rebel faction and carve my own little notch into history and the universe. Do I look at history and say, those bastards, what were they thinking? Or, do I say, '€œToday is another day. Let'€™s see what happens.'€

Well, let'€™s see what happens, shall we?

Still it never ceases to amaze me why we will let others die and fight our own battles and dare call ourselves, '€œIndependent.'€

As Independent miners do you not scramble ships to protect your own from pirates and those who would harm you?

Would you not assist your, allies in their greatest hour of need?

The statement of IMG ships rushing to defend a Kruger mining operation, or IMG ships fighting to protect a Daumann transport under fire, would be the most powerful negotiation tool imaginable.

Or, remain slaves of your selective, narrow, historical past.

Here is a for instance. What if, someone had your vampire guns on their ship, blowing up transports and other fighters? Would you not attempt to convince this individual to relinquish said weapons as to not implicate the IMG in any wrong doings? Or would that same ship be exonerated from your eyes and responsibility if say 10 years went by? I don'€™t think you'€™d let it go that far.

But yet, a fleet, of considerable size and power leaves the IMG and is simply regarded as a mistake in the footnotes of your history to be washed and forgotten about.

Well, I'€™m going to remind you, every, single, time.

I know you just can'€™t wait to respond to me about all the Rhineland technology and ships that have been used by rebellious people to their own ends.

Again, their sins don'€™t justify yours. And Rheinland does deal with their problems. Yet, it becomes increasingly difficult to solve a problem when the problem has help from say, a very '€˜Independent' source.

I didn'€™t think Daumann would help me in my endeavors. In fact I contacted them last about efforts of mine to help not only Rheinland but all of Sirius. Perhaps that'€™s the idealist in me, but still, the cruel, self-serving, power-hungry, unmovable, unrelenting, Daumann Corporation, choose to help me. They proved me wrong and they are helping me make a history worth remembering.

Now here is your chance. Prove me wrong. Prove to me that one, just one, Independent Miner is willing to fight, not for what is most convenient, but where the right lies.

Wake up, and make your own history, before someone makes it for you and makes you wish you did remain, Independent.

Transmission timed out

To Base Commander: Freistadt Base - SpaceTime - 08-21-2011

*** Channel Terminated ***