Discovery Gaming Community
Entertainment thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Entertainment thread (/showthread.php?tid=65253)

Entertainment thread - Gytrash - 08-24-2011

Now I know that this is a freelancer thread. But there must be more to life. So share what you do in your free time. If it is something on the internet that you think others would enjoy then place links please.
I for example like reading manga and watching anime. I also have a great interest in reading both fantasy and science fiction novels and I also read a variety of webcomics.
Please note that with all of these I am only linking ones that I personally enjoy. If it is webcomics then please note that a lot of them have been around for upwards of five years and so have a lot of backstory to go through. Sluggy Freelance for example has around 5000+ comics to go through.

Here are some suggestions from me.
Manga
(Link to descriptive page here) (Link to where to read/watch here)
Bokurano (read here)
Bleach (read here)
Magic Kaitou (read here)

Anime
Same format

Saikano (watch here)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (watch here)

Webcomics
(Link to first page or new reader page here)
El Goonish Shive
Emergency Exit
^^This is a link to the original archives. Although the comic is currently going through a sort of retcon with the previous continuity still intact there are a couple of choices on where you want to start.
Gunnerkrigg Court
Sluggy Freelance
The Wotch (first page here)
^^This one I provided a specific link because the New reader pace is glitched in my browser and so there is no access to the archives

Books
Just the name of the book or series here
The Belgariad
The Malloreon
The Chanur Saga
The Kingkiller Chronicles
Les Misérables
The Dresden Files
Scarecrow
Contest
Ice Station
King Arthur
Kate Daniels Series

Keep in mind that this is just a list of some of the things that I enjoy and may not coincide with what you like. If you have different tastes then feel free to post what you like here so that others can enjoy it along with you.

Entertainment thread - Mickk - 08-24-2011

Web Comics.

These links take you to the first page of each comic.
Some of them have been going for a LONG time.
The artwork in some of these comics is a little dodgy at the start, but improves as they continue.

All of the comics listed here are FREE! You don't have to sign up to read them.
I read each of these comics on regular basis, depending on how often they update.

Girl Genius -- A 'steampunk' adventure, with a female in the lead role.

Looking For Group -- A 'WoW' based comic... read it or Richard will find you.

Mega Tokyo -- almost a manga.

Misfile -- what happens when an Angel makes a mistake? Find out here.

Paranormal Mystery Squad -- A Web Manga! Seriously. Recently started.

Ctrl+Alt+Del -- Long running web comic about a gamer and his friends.