Discovery Gaming Community
Weapon Ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Weapon Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=6535)

Pages: 1 2

Weapon Ideas - ivr56 - 02-27-2008

Hers some of my ideas that sprang up in my head

Guns(Metal Slug Throwers):
Well, its like 2000 years into the future and guns shouldn't be extinct.
Requires no ammo . Say these stats for example

Level 9:
Speed: 3000m/s
Range: 700m
Shield Damage: 12
Hull Damage: 25
Refire: 12.00
Power Required: 10

Level: 10
Speed: 3000m/s
Range: 700m
Shield Damage: 25(Not a Shield killer)
Hull Damage: 50 (Designed to Penetrate Hulls With Kenetic force and rip it to shreads and not energy)
Refire: 10.00
Power Required: 10 (Guns dont require much energy because its firing steel/metal shots and not energy)

Uses:
Not Designed for doing Damage in one shot but utilizing its speed as the true dammager.
Using Kinetic Energy to fire rounds faster than any energy based weapon in Sirius.
Light Fighter weapons primarily where the power plant is small

Flak Turrets
Lets make them actually useful.
1. Give it like a 5-10 second life
2. Up Its Speed to Say 20m/s more then the original
3. Area effect once it detonates. Say 100-200m
4. Refire 1.0
5. Damage Same But Central hit equals maximum effect. The more far away form blast the less damage
with these additions they can be actually useful

Give Thoughts, suggestions and Comments

Weapon Ideas - Unseelie - 02-27-2008

I do like the kinetic weapons...how do they hold up in the balance against normal weapons?

The flak....was nerfed pretty hard, in the last mod, but, dunno if it should be useful, really....its based on an exploit, and has never been very balanced.

Weapon Ideas - ivr56 - 02-27-2008

(All level 9/10 Gun Refrences)
To balance the kinetic weapons with energy ones I made it so Virtually no energy drain, very high speed and refire but low damage.

Compared to energy weapons which have high drain, high damage and 3X Less Speed.
So with kinetic weaps you substitute high damage for high speed and high energy to low energy etc

Weapon Ideas - Bass_masta992 - 02-27-2008

on the slugs... might wanna beef up the damage, at least to hull (since its kinetic), for god's sake purple goddess does more, and has higher refire.

for flak: i like that idea.

Weapon Ideas - Horon - 02-27-2008

Weak or not, I would LOVE to have something like that mounted on my Fighter.

Weapon Ideas - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-27-2008

I got an idea for Balancing Flak. How about make their maximum rnage like only 300 metres or something? To prevent them from being spammed at other Capital ships?

Good ideasfor the Kinetic guns tho.

Verg

Weapon Ideas - Virus - 02-27-2008

With 3000m/s speed... You'd never miss. It would simply tear through everything smaller than a gunboat because you'd never miss. Only thing that could survive it is a Spatial... Maybe. Only for longer than other fighters.

Weapon Ideas - Unseelie - 02-27-2008

Perhaps a speed of about 1800ms?
Does one suppose that is still reasonably accurate, yet dodgeable?

Weapon Ideas - xxrockstar992xx - 02-27-2008

even so, 400 m more is a lot more to dodge than the fastest speeds so far... maybe though we'd have to experiment

Weapon Ideas - mjolnir - 02-27-2008

If you can aim even 750m/s are almost a sure hit in a fighter combat....

dodgeable limit for fighter vs fighter is 1000 m/s or below...

and high-refire.... ehm... NO... LAG!!!!