Discovery Gaming Community
A prominent member - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A prominent member (/showthread.php?tid=65369)

Pages: 1 2

A prominent member - NixOlympica - 08-26-2011

' Wrote:Even if trolling Dab was not the intention, you should have realized that using the name of a prominent member of the community would be noticed by many people.

This will probably end up locked and I will get suspended by the latest tradition of our leadership but, shouldn't mods be here to as you have said "keep this community straight" and not to become a prominent members? I have seen many times someone's name used in the past on server and no one was ever sanctioned for it.

How does one become a prominent member and gets a copyright for his name?

Admins always claimed that their post is not about prestige and that same rules apply to them.

PS: It's not intended to be trolling but it will be marked as one I am sure

A prominent member - Zelot - 08-26-2011

' Wrote:Dab was a prominent member of the community long long long....long before he was a moderator. Notice was I said to, I didnt say the sanction came because Dab is a prominent member of the community, but that it would be impossible for people not to notice because Dab is a prominent member.

Also, if someone reports that someone is using thier name maliciously, we will do something about it. Mind you, we wont if you are being stupid about it, as Andre Delco said earlier "No one can use "And" because thats my name" that would be an example of someone being stupid about it. But yes, if something like this is being done maliciously, no matter if the member of the community is prominent or not, we will do something about it.

See what I am saying?

There, pain.

So if someone created a character Pilgrim, could I come and demand him to be sanctioned?

' Wrote:To be fair, Dab's name is a name. Pilgrim is a much more generic title.

Just like we cannot sanction all the Joes, for example.

It is up to the admins to decide wether or not it is needed.

Fine, then "Spazzy", doesn't matter

' Wrote:So if someone created a character Pilgrim, could I come and demand him to be sanctioned?

Why is it, people are always looking for reasons to get other people sanctioned? Go play the blargin game.

activity_[] 2.13:30:52

Seems like your attention and work could be used to better effect than looking to try to figure out how to get people sanctioned, and trying to figure out how much skin you can get away with posting on the forums. Just a thought.

A prominent member - William Frederick Cody - 08-26-2011

' Wrote:So if someone created a character Pilgrim, could I come and demand him to be sanctioned?
Troll, why would you?

I have met a guy named ~Cody~ one week or two agon in my angel. I talked to him a bit about that name, but in no way to enforce him to drop that. He was only a fan of Buffalo Bill, that was all.

He told me, that he got asked 2 time or more each hour for weapons.

Maybe the "problem" has been solved by itself. I don't care, as long as you are serious.

As William Frederick Cody is dead since 1917, i have no copyright on it, i presume.

' Wrote:Why is it, people are always looking for reasons to get other people sanctioned? Go play the blargin game.

activity_[] 2.13:30:52

Seems like your attention and work could be used to better effect than looking to try to figure out how to get people sanctioned, and trying to figure out how much skin you can get away with posting on the forums. Just a thought.

With no offense, go play it yourself? When was the last time you properly played it?

activity_[Admin] 14:58:31

Maybe if admins spent more time in the actual game than on forums it would have better effect too.

Quote:Fine, then "Spazzy", doesn't matter

Read what I wrote, it is very clearly stated there. You can read, right?

A prominent member - DarthCloakedGuy - 08-26-2011

It's because Dab is a more skilled troll than you. Deal with it.

(proof part one)
(proof part two)

' Wrote:Read what I wrote, it is very clearly stated there. You can read, right?

Sure, start to throw my faction in (what the hell does that have to do with me?) and then insult me, like if we could expect more from the admins lately.

Arrogance forward