Discovery Gaming Community
A letter to Rheinland - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A letter to Rheinland (/showthread.php?tid=65750)

Pages: 1 2

A letter to Rheinland - Varok - 09-02-2011

OK, so perhaps I should have posted this is the feedback of [RM] and RFP, but I want this to be an open discussion.

Well, I"ve been having this problem navigating the communication channel, whenever I try to look for someone's thread I sometimes find half a page with Rheinland Criminal DB notifications --- this is annoying. I don't want to sound rude or somehow, but I just find all these notifications useless. There are other ways to notice the respective players for their law breakings, and I also like your idea of noticiting the players and will of roleplaying, but this 'system' that you use at the moment just floods a vital part of the forums.

Here's a link to what I see on my screen, when accesing the communications channel.

I, personally, would like to ask you to find another way of making these notices. I'm sorry for that, also I'd like to hear what others think about this.

Please discuss.

A letter to Rheinland - Snak5 - 09-02-2011

RFP has their subforum, where they could ask for another subforum, dedicated to this.
Also, I wonder do they in fact send PMs ingame for people, since they might not use forums at all.

A letter to Rheinland - SpaceTime - 09-02-2011

Put the Criminal DB in your ignore list. Problem solved.

A letter to Rheinland - Vladimir - 09-02-2011

They do it quite rarely, so can't see the problem.

A letter to Rheinland - Varok - 09-02-2011

' Wrote:They do it quite rarely, so can't see the problem.

Yes, but when they do it, they flood half a page.

A letter to Rheinland - Valinor - 09-02-2011

' Wrote:OK, so perhaps I should have posted this is the feedback of [RM] and RFP, but I want this to be an open discussion.
Well, I"ve been having this problem navigating the communication channel, whenever I try to look for someone's thread I sometimes find half a page with Rheinland Criminal DB notifications --- this is annoying. I don't want to sound rude or somehow, but I just find all these notifications useless. There are other ways to notice the respective players for their law breakings, and I also like your idea of noticiting the players and will of roleplaying, but this 'system' that you use at the moment just floods a vital part of the forums.
Here's a link to what I see on my screen, when accesing the communications channel.
I, personally, would like to ask you to find another way of making these notices. I'm sorry for that, also I'd like to hear what others think about this.
Please discuss.

If, as you say, there are better ways to do it, i do hope you will also be able to suggest the RFP| about it.

' Wrote:RFP has their subforum, where they could ask for another subforum, dedicated to this.
Also, I wonder do they in fact send PMs ingame for people, since they might not use forums at all.

Subforums doesn't have the same visibility as the Communication Channel, S3.
And if they were using it, we would have other people complaining about the fact that the RFP/RM are hiding those fines in their subforums. As usual.

' Wrote:Put the Criminal DB in your ignore list. Problem solved.

Works indeed but,

' Wrote:They do it quite rarely, so can't see the problem.

This is exactly the point, it's not like it's happening every day, deal with it. I think this is the first time i saw so many of them.

A letter to Rheinland - Tachyon - 09-02-2011

' They flood half the page '

And ? Get to the next page, whats the problem ?

Like SpaceTime said, ignore it. It doesn't hurt anyone, right ?

A letter to Rheinland - Varok - 09-04-2011

Actually it hurts. Why do I need to suggest them something and find a replacement to this absurb way of "noticing". Also, there's a 'mail' feature in-game. Try using that if RFP really wants a replacement --- just don't flood the communication channel with useless threads.

Quote:
Affiliation status notice: mr.somebody read this thread here <link>. you're fined.

... and so on.

Also, they DON'T do it rarely. Maybe they make so many of these notices rarely, but they post these "read this link" messages almost daily.

And why do I have to ignore them on the board to mask their threads? Why can't they find a solution and avoid the spam?

I bet there are other ways to do this spam somewhere else or in-game --- if they just sat a little and think better.

A letter to Rheinland - Omicron - 09-04-2011

Make one thread instead of spamming half of page or more.
???
Profit.

A letter to Rheinland - Pancakes - 09-04-2011

' Wrote:Make one thread instead of spamming half of page or more.
???
Profit.

What I thought, and list in the sub-headline the names of those who were fined, you can shrink all of those topics to 1 or 2 topics.