Discovery Gaming Community
Flood - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Flood (/showthread.php?tid=66119)

Pages: 1 2

Flood - Snak5 - 09-11-2011

Yes. Flood. Why is it moderated more than others forums combined?

Harmless threads created for fun are being fiercely locked.

Instead of moderating what matters most in this community (reminder - roleplaying sections), flood has become a temple of constant overwatch by the all seeing eye of As and Ms.

Why can't the flood live up to the description of itself?

I have spoken.

Flood - r3vange - 09-11-2011

[color=#FFFFFF]We've had that discussion. It's a bit more allowing about what you can post. But that doesn't mean you get to be an arsehole for free

I don't see why cant those arseholes be punished instead of thread get locked.

Also, this is not about rule breaches. It is rather why harmless topics are being doomed to be locked and collecting dust while it might have given so much laughs and Vitamin C with that laughter.

Flood - r3vange - 09-11-2011

[color=#FFFFFF]There I agree with you, but most of the time the reason for the locked threads are the OPs. Otherwise a mod/admin makes a dramatically colored entrance and invises the post and makes a warning.

Flood - fencore - 09-11-2011

It's because of the ponies.

In all seriousness, the answer I recall being given to this question was something along the lines of...

Proportionally, Flood has a bit more traffic than the other boards on the forum. This higher amount of traffic gives the moderation team more posts to watch for rule violations, and sometimes that higher volume gives the appearance that the team cracks down on Flood a bit harder than anywhere else.

At least it was something like that, if I can find the actual quote in mod color, I'll paste that here.

Essentially, we've gotten to a point where members think "little to no moderation" means "I can troll and break rules and get away with it". It doesn't, and we're having to clean it up. As far as intent goes, think of it more as a place where you're much more free with what topics you choose and can discuss, provided they're within forum policy.

Flood is for irrelevant, pointless, and "This doesn't relate to anything but I want to post it and/or be just a tad spammy anyway" threads. That's what is meant by "little to no moderation".

' Wrote:-----

Flood is for irrelevant, pointless, and "This doesn't relate to anything but I want to post it and/or be just a tad spammy anyway" threads. That's what is meant by "little to no moderation".
We don't have that kind of Flood. Exactly why I have created this thread.

Flood - fencore - 09-11-2011

In what manner do you mean, Arthur?

What I see is a board with topics and replies that are completely out in left field compared to the rest of the forums. Silly forums games, random yellings about pictures taken or projects done, random quotes or articles from here, there, and everywhere. Just in the past 12 hours Alley had a little rambling what was all good and fun (pardon Joe for merging those, I suppose we all like a little organization at times).

This is my perspective, though. This is what I see Flood as and what it should be, and I think that's kinda the gist of what the moderation team is going for as well. It's when things get nasty that someone's gotta step in and draw the line. I had to do it the other night when pictures of ponies were being used to troll and in turn counter-troll. Thread locks aren't done on a whim, they're done in order to put a stop to poor behavior and are done with the consent of at least one additional moderator as well.

I suppose what I want to know, though, is what's your vision of Flood at this point? What do you think it should be, and how do you think the moderation team could change its tact in handling such? You set out some ideas in the OP, but they're vague at this point. Develop and support them, please. I'd like to see where this goes.

Flood - Dusty Lens - 09-11-2011

' Wrote:Flood is for irrelevant, pointless, and "This doesn't relate to anything but I want to post it and/or be just a tad spammy anyway" threads. That's what is meant by "little to no moderation".

' Wrote:We don't have that kind of Flood. Exactly why I have created this thread.

Following are the current top 8 topics in flood:

Quote: battlefield bad company 2 DRUNK

Do you like the avatar above me?

'07s, we must unite

Do you like the signature above me?

so today I've met a dinosaur

This noob lost a CAU 8 :/

Old Geezer Association

You must all die

Really sir. Flood doesn't allow for spammy off topic conversations.

Do you like the avatar above me.
You must all die.
So today I just met a dinosaur.

A dinosaur, sir.

Really.

Sir.

Really.

Not doing anything to content, that complies with rules.

Spamming threads is of course should be not supported.

Flood - Dusty Lens - 09-11-2011

' Wrote:Not doing anything to content, that complies with rules.

Spamming threads is of course should be not supported.

Must I remind you, sir, a dinosaur. That a gentlemen met.

Sir, at this point I must say good day.