Discovery Gaming Community
Zenaida at Home - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Zenaida at Home (/showthread.php?tid=66219)

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-13-2011

[font=Agency FB] Zenaida at home
Having mixed feelings about getting back home. It'€™s been a while since she saw her family, except for Elias that is. They'€™ll be glad to see her, and so is Zenaida. But there is a problem. Mason being the problem. Zenaida knows no one in her family will like this, her and a Navy officer. They'€™ll laugh and say '€˜okay and now back being serious, you were saying?'€™ How is she going to tell them the recent events that happened in Liberty with Mason and later in Bretonia. They surely wouldn'€™t understand.

Zena arrived at Porto Novo, she had sent a message to Elias so that he would know where she went all of a sudden. Zena convinced herself to keep it quiet and make up her own mind. She would have to talk to Mason again. It will be the conversation with a yes or no in the end. Go left and say goodbye to the ones on the right, go right and say goodbye to the one on the left.

She docked on Porto Novo, thinking of just making the best out of seeing her family again and just see what happens.
['€¦]
Once arrived in the hangar it didn'€™t take long for her brother Caesar to notice her. He came running towards Zenaida.
'€œIs it really you?!'€ Caesar said cheerful.
Zena with the back towards him, checking up some things on her ship recognized his voice straight away. Turning around, making up a smile on her face, the cheer in his voice made more confusion in Zenaida'€™s mind. '€˜He doesn'€™t know yet'€™ she thought.
'€œHey Caesar.'€ Zenaida managed to push the words out cheerful.
Caesar gave her a short hug. '€œWe missed you a lot you know'€ .
'€œSame here, I asked Elias to come home too, so that we would all see each other again'€
'€œElias coming too? That'€™s awesome. Why didn'€™t you tell us you were coming?'€
'€œI wanted it to be a surprise.'€
'€œAlright, so mom and dad don'€™t know right?'€
'€œYeah, they don'€™t know yet'€
'€œCome on then, let'€™s go and surprise them!'€ Elias pulled on Zena'€™s hand, she just let herself be dragged with him.
'€™Caesar, always cheerful'€™ she thought as they both walked through some hallways to the quarters where their parents would be.
When they approached the door to the quarters'€¦
'€œWait here Zen.'€
'€œOkay.'€ She was next to the door on the hallway.
Caesar walked towards the door, opening it with a keycard.
'€œOhhh mom?, dad? I got a surprise for you'€
Zenaida could hear some muffed voice from her mother replying, not really able to make up what she said. Only a short moment later Caesar stuck his head outside of the door and waved to Zenaida gesturing her to come. She pushed herself off the wall and walked to the door. Standing in the door opening, there were her parents.
'€œHey there'€ Zenaida walked up to them both of them having a stunned look. A slight small onto Zena'€™s face.
'€œZen, I didn'€™t expect to see you here.'€ Her dad said.
'€œI decided to come and say hi.'€ Zena walked closer to them, giving both her mother and her father a tight family kind of hug, they returned it. Her mother hugging Zenaida tightly.
'€œI really missed you, Zen. I bet you have a lot to tell us about your time in Liberty right?'€
Zenaida walked over to the couch in the living room and sat down. '€œyeah a lot.'€ She said curt.
'€œCaesar, could you take care of something to drink?'€
Without much of a response he already took off to the kitchen.
'€œSo why this sudden visit out of nowhere?'€ Bastiaan, her father asked as he sat down into his favorite chair. The chair he always said while smoking his cigar.
'€œI just felt like seeing your faces again, it'€™s been way too long. I ran into Elias in New York. We did some flying again togeth-'€ Zenaida was interrupted by her mother, Alice.
'€œElias? How'€™s he? Is he also coming?'€
'€œI asked him to come, we both missed you all a lot. But it seems he'€™s still busy removing some unwanted ones.'€
'€œAh, the boy never knows when to stop, hehe.'€ Bastiaan chuckled with his heavy voice of all the smoking he did. A satisfying look on his face.
'€œYeah~'€œ Zenaida replied curt.
Alice sat down next Zenaida on the couch. '€œI missed you.'€ Giving Zenaida another tight hug. Zenaida just let it happen, loosely laid her arm around her mother.
'€œhm, are you feeling okay?'€ Alice sat back giving Zenaida a concerned look. Both her arms on Zenaida'€™s shoulders giving her a good look in her eyes.
'€œYou don'€™t look too good.'€ her voice caring and calm towards Zenaida.
'€œSomething happened?'€ The heavier voice of Bastiaan came forward.
Zenaida sat up straight forcing a smile. '€œI met someone.'€
'€œSomeone hm?'€ Alice said.
'€œYeah, I sort of'€¦ love him'€ Zenaida made a little chuckle.
'€œYou fall in love with someone?'€ Her mother said. A smile appeared on her face.
'€œYeah, there is just a problem. I don'€™t know if he loves me and something else...'€
'€œWho'€™s he?'€ Her father said. He laid his cigar away.
'€œOh you don'€™t know him. His name is Eric~'€ Zenaida acted as if she was really in love. Lying to her parents didn'€™t feel good. But she has to find out.
'€œBut uh... his parents are in the Navy.'€
'€œHeh, is that so?'€ Bastiaan had a sincere sound to his voice.
'€œHe isn'€™t though, he told me the navy wasn'€™t anything for him. Too lazy.'€ She chuckled again a little.
'€œBut he'€™s really nice. I wanted to ask for advice to you, which is why I came here.'€
Caesar came walking in the room, holding a few glasses with drinks and placed them on the table.
'€œWhat did I hear, Zen is in love?'€
'€œhm, yeah~'€ Zenaida held her dad in watch wanting to see his reaction, but not trying to get too much attention.
'€œZenaida, my girl.'€ Bastiaan started.
'€œHow did you meet him?'€
'€œHm, on Freeport 2. He was there since his parents were involved with the fighting with Rheinland. He was a volunteer there to help the wounded.'€
'€œWhat would his parents think of him loving you?'€
'€œI don'€™t know~ why would they be against it?'€
'€œZenaida'€¦'€
'€œDad, if you don'€™t want me to, tell me. It'€™s okay'€
'€œBas'€¦'€ Alice gave Bastiaan a look as in '€˜just say it'€™
'€œYou know how we think about the Navy, Zenaida.'€
Zenaida stood up and walked over to her dad, while smiling. Giving him a small kiss on his cheek. '€œThanks'€
'€œYou'€™re welcome'€ He sat back in his chair.
Caesar sat down on another chair sipping from his drink, just observing the scene.
'€œDon'€™t worry, if you say no. It'€™s no. Maybe better for him too, don'€™t you think?'€
Her dad nodded '€œYou'€™re a smart girl Zen, I'€™m proud of you.'€
['€¦]
Zenaida knew enough, the answer she expected. There was no room for Mason in her family. They wouldn't allow her to be with him. It convinced her to not talk about it anymore to her family. She talked about the shoot outs she had, with a lot of pirates. Her parents and Caesar listen more than talking themselves. Her dad seemed to look proud, but Zenaida felt like what she told him about '€˜Eric'€™ didn'€™t comfort him well. Her mother just sat back smiling as she listened to the stories of Zenaida. '€˜Eric'€™ wasn'€™t mentioned anymore. Zenaida was relieved about that in some way. But it was still troubling her. If they knew'€¦

Zenaida stayed for the night. She still had her own room at home. Always looking the same. She laid on her bed staring at a family picture that was hanging on the wall. She sighed and rolled over, she still wasn'€™t sure on what to do with Mason. Zenaida did get sleep that night, quite a lot actually. The next morning she said goodbye to Caesar and her parents. Saying she was heading back to Liberty, back doing what she all Tantalo'€™s do. She made up her mind. She would go and talk to Mason. But it had to be face to face. Not looking at some screen while both being in a spaceship. That just doesn'€™t work, not for this subject.

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-26-2011

[font=Agency FB] Zenaida at home again.
[size=medium]Telling my family what happened to Elias & Making up my mind.
Mason and I talked. Even though it was on Riverside, where I didn’t feel too comfortable. Luckily no one seemed to be bothered by my presence. We talked as a result we decided that it would be better if I went home. I just can figure out what to do with Mason. It feels like that there is this huge river between us, keeping us from meeting. But what or where this river is actually coming from, and why this big?

So here I was back in my ship flying home. Trying to find ways to tell mom and dad what had happened and Caesar? I hope they’ll understand. As I got I tried to image as many scenario’s possible of how they would react to the news. Or to my behavior or how they would react if I didn’t tell them or lied. Although I’m almost sure I won’t go start lying, can’t do that to mom and dad, they will find out sooner or later.

I saw Porto Novo in the distance, I still didn’t make up my mind on what to say. I would just go and see what happens. I docked the ship. The base looked calm, not much seemed to be happening around the docking bay. Good, I don’t need anything busy right now. I got out of my ship. Made a little detour around the hanger. I noticed that Ceasar’s ship wasn’t there and neither was that of dad. Maybe they were out practicing. Dad seemed so keen on getting Caesar ready to fly. He said he was the most talented on the three of us but always proud on everyone he said.

Against my will I walked to the front door of ‘our’ quarters. I slowly opened the door which was standing on ajar.
“Mom, are you home?” I carefully said when I entered the room.
At first there was no reply so I say it again, a bit louder. This time there was a reply.
“Zen, is that you?” A voice coming from the kitchen. A voice that I missed.
“Hey, mom. Yeah I’m back again.” I walked to the kitchen and lend against the doorpost, resting my head against is.
“You brought Elias this time?” She talked with a calm voice as she was preparing dinner, wanting it to be ready when Dad and Caesar would be back.
“hm, I’m alone again. Sorry I didn’t call that I was coming again though.”
“Don’t worry about it, I’m glad you’re here and there is enough dinner.” Alice smiled at Zenaida for a short moment as she continued cooking.
I remained quiet, just staring at mom, thinking about what I knew and what she didn’t know yet. I will tell them when we’re all sitting around the table for dinner, is what I thought. Walking to a closet getting a glass, getting myself a drink, walking over I sat down on the couch in the living room. Would mother notice something? She isn’t saying anything either.

Alice walked from the kitchen to Zenaida and sat down next to her on the bench in the living room. She remained silent for a moment.
“Something is bothering you isn’t it Zen?” she said with a caring and sincere voice.
Should I tell her now? Zenaida turned somewhat towards her mother, Alice. She looked het deeply in her eyes.
“Mom… ” Zenaida sighed briefly before continuing.
“Mom, Elias won’t be coming home anymore. He…” Zenaida could barely get it out of her mouth.
“He was killed. In Liberty” The look in the eyes of Alice changed, as they turned to something looking as if she turned into shock. She shook her head turning away from Zenaida staring forward to the wall. A picture hanging on the wall, the whole family was on it. She stood up without saying a word, walking towards the picture on the wall.
“Mom…” Zenaida let her hand slip of her mother as she stood up. Her mother Alice stepped closer to the picture. She placed her hand on Elias’s face, she already knew what had happened to her son, she knew very well what Zenaida meant. He won’t be returning to her.
“Oh son…” Zena’s mother sighed deeply as she moved her hand over Elias’s face on the picture.

Zenaida sat back on the couch, not knowing what to say, she just remained quiet. Alice walked back to the kitchen, she stood their rowing a spoon through the boiling dinner. ‘what am I supposed to do…’ Zenaida though, she was utterly confused on what to do with the situation. Then she heard quiet weeping coming from the kitchen… Zenaida took a deep breath and walked to kitchen, seeing her mother crying, taking away a tear from her eye. Zena laid her arm around her mother, sharing the lose.
“It’s okay…” Zenaida said quietly to her mother. Barely able to keep her own eyes dry.

At that the same time Zena’s dad and her younger brother walked in the apartment.
“Honey, we’re home.” Bastiaan Zenaida’s father said.
Zenaida gulped as she heard her dad’s voice. She guided her mother away from the kitchen, still her arm around her. Setting her down on the couch. Both Caesar’s and Bastiaan’s faces looked stunned as they saw Zena with their saddened mother. Zena motioned them to be quiet and sit down. Bastiaan sat down next to his wife.
“Hey honey, what’s wrong?” He looked at Zenaida as she returned from the kitchen, she sat the dinner away to prevent it from burning. Zena sat down on a chair next to the couch.
“Caesar, sit down too please?” Zena said quietly. Caesar who was totally confused by the situation did as he was told, he gave his mother a caring look but remained silent.

Zenaida leant forward, her hands folded, she looked at her dad.
“Dad, Caesar. Elias…” Zenaida sighed “Elias won’t be returning. He… was killed”
“What?!” Bastiaan her father said angry, loud, shocked… Alice pulled him back onto the couch as he tried to stand up closing both her arms around him tight. Caesar remained silent as sacked down into his chair staring at the table in front of him.
“I told him not to go... but he was so stubborn and now he’s gone.” Zenaida said in one go.
“Go where?” Her father said curt.
“Elias was after someone, a navy officer… Because that officer was protecting a ‘hacker’. Elias lost and tried to redeem himself by taking the officer out…”
“Another corrupt one heh… another family member gone because of the friggin’ Libertarians”
“Bas, clam down…”
“I’m not going to calm down. I will deal with this guy myself. Zen where is he and name…”
“Dad, don’t, it’s not right.”
“How is this not right? He killed my son, and what’s wrong with you why didn’t you chase this guy down?”
“Because…” Zena sighed again.
“Because of what?”
“Dad just don’t go, it will only make things worse.”
“What’s wrong with you, I can tell something is wrong.” Bastiaans voice seemed to turn to angry. Zenaida shook her head and stood up wanting to walk away. Bastiaan stood up letting his remain seated and grabbed Zenaida’s wrist to keep her from walking away.
“What is wrong Zen.” Zen sighed closing her eyes briefly.
“I didn’t kill or take revenge because he saved my life okay?”
“Is this some sort of joke? He killed your brother!”
“And he would’ve killed me too if he… if I would go after him the way Elias did.” Zenaida turned around to her dad.
“But you are not going after him!” Zena’s voice turned angry too going against her father’s voice.
“Are you protecting him from a fair judgment? He killed my son, your brother he deserves nothing, he doesn’t deserve life.”
“Fine, go after him… if you want to hurt us all, if you want to follow in Elias’s footsteps blinded by revenge.”

Caesar saw how Zenaida and Bastiaan his father rambled onwards. He noticed something was wrong, something changed.
“Dad, go get him.” Caesar stood up and pushed Zenaida to his room, Zenaida shook her head.
“Don’t go dad!” She said before Caesar closed the door.
“Sit” Zenaida shook her head again and sat down.
“Now tell me what is going on, why don’t you go with father to catch that guy hm? Tell me”
“heh, I can’t.”
“why”
Zenaida shook her head, you won’t understand.
“Ow I will. My brother isn’t around anymore, I have the right to know.”
“He was also my brother, Ceas.”
“So tell me what is actually going on”
Zenaida looked Caesar into his eyes. With a somewhat desperate look.
“That officer, Caes… he told me he loved me, he never intended to kill Elias, it was Elias’s own fault. I tried to stop him, he forced Mason to kill him by his own stupid actions.”
“Is this really some sort of joke to you? You choose a corrupt son of a bitch navy officer above your own brother.”
“He is differ-…”
“I don’t need to hear more, you killed your own brother”
“What?!” Zenaida looked Caesar into his eyes, his eyes looked angered, Zena’s eyes turned wet, ‘I knew they wouldn’t understand’ she thought.
“Ceas, if dad goes, he’ll get killed too or arrested or whatever, it won’t do anything good if he goes.”
“Then I’ll go with him, we beat him together and while we’re at it you stay home and take good care of mom, got it?!”
“I won’t let you go.”
“You can’t stop me…” Caesar walked out of the room angered and slammed the door behind him.
“Dad let’s go” Zenaida could hear from behind the door.
“Dammit!” She punched against the wall with her fists a couple of time.

Zenaida cried for a while not loud, quietly she tried to keep it for herself while she sat in the room, when she managed to get a grip on her emotions again she opened the door. She saw the front door just close. Wanting to go after her dead and brother but as she reached the door, her mother grabbed her hand.
“Zen don’t. Let them. It will just make things worse.”
“Mom, no you don’t understand, if they go. That will make things worse. Let me go.”
“No I won’t. stay here.”
Zenaida shook her head still angered ‘why don’t they understand’. She walked to couch and sat down her arms crossed.
“This is so not right.” Her mother walked back into the kitchen ignoring Zena’s protest.

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-27-2011

I had sent Mason a short message, saying that dad and Ceasar are coming to look for him. Also told him I did everything'€¦
His reply though, it didn'€™t predict much good. I don'€™t want people to get hurt, because of me. It'€™s all about me anyway.

It didn'€™t take Zenaida long to decide what to do. She was going back to Liberty to find Mason before her dad and Caesar would find him. And try to bring Caesar and dad on a other thought. That it wasn'€™t worth it to follow Mason around. Elias didn'€™t leave Mason a choice and nothing will bring back Elias.

'€œMom, I'€™m going and you'€™re not going to stop me. All of this is happening because of me, so I'€™m also the one that has to put things straight again.'€
'€œWhat do you mean this is all about you?'€
'€œElias he did it, because of me. Mason'€¦ he did it because of me. And if I don'€™t go'€¦ '€œ Zenaida paused for a moment.
'€œMom I don'€™t want to lose Caesar or dad too, neither do you. But I also don'€™t want Mason to get hurt. There is a other way out of this.'€
'€œWhat is exactly going on Zen? Why would you protect this Mason so much?'€
'€œBecause he fell in love with me mom, Elias and him fought something out that was between them. Elias was too stubborn to listen to me, I told him not to go after Mason because it would result into this, exactly this. And now Caesar and dad are going after the '€˜victim'€™ of all this. And I can'€™t just do nothing.'€
'€œDo you love him too?'€
'€œI don'€™t know'€¦ but I do know that I don'€™t want to lose father and'€¦ or Caesar. So let me go, let me try to fix this.'€
'€œFine go'€¦ but Zen, don'€™t forget what happened to your Uncle.'€
'€œI will never forget, though Mason is different, he isn'€™t a blinded Navy officer. If he was then I would'€™ve died already.'€
'€œDo what you think is right, Zen. Try to get everybody home again then.'€
Alice her mother sighed and opened the door for Zenaida to leave. Zenaida left, '€œI won'€™t let anyone get hurt'€¦'€

She left though the hallways towards the hangars. Alice her mother walked to the window that looked into space and sighed deeply as she was now home alone again. She saw Zenaida fly away in her Sabre. Hoping to see her return, just like she hoped Caesar and Bastiaan would return home.

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-28-2011

Saving the loved ones.
[size=medium]Back in Liberty, trying to get things sorted.
Zenaida reached Liberty and it didn'€™t take her long to get a hold of Mason. Luckily before her brother and father did. Mason wanted the best for Zenaida and told her to go home. Meaning to say that she didn'€™t want to lose her family over him. Zenaida however said she already had lost them. That everything already went too far. Mason wished he'€™d be able to talk to Bastiaan Zena'€™s father alone. So Zenaida is now looking for her brother, who probably is with his father.

Zenaida was able to trace down her dad'€™s ship, expecting Caesar was there too. She was right. Both their ships were on a docking pad at Bethlehem Station. Zenaida landed her ship, seeing both her dad and Caesar talking to each other. She took a deep breath. '€™Dad will be pissed to see me here.'€™

She got out of her ship, she saw her dad glance at her, firstly ignoring not seeing it was Zenaida. She walked towards them cautiously.
'€œDad,'€¦ Caesar. We need to talk.'€ Zenaida got closer.
They both turned around upon hearing her voice.
'€œWhat are you doing here, Zen?'€ Her dad sighed as he looked her in the face. Caesar gave Zenaida a frown but kept quiet.
'€œI'€™m going to help you find Mason. We'€™ll split up. You can take him alone dad. I'€™ll stay with Caesar.'€
Bastiaan raised a eyebrow.
'€œZen'€¦ what are you doing here?'€
'€œWhat I'€™m doing here'€¦ dad, is trying to not get more family members killed, okay? Mason isn'€™t just some Navy pilot. He'€™s different, unlike any other people and he never choose to live the life he'€™s living.'€
'€œIf you'€™re here to stop us, it won'€™t work. I'€™m not going to let Elias'€™s death go in vain.'€
'€œI know you that dad. I'€™m just can'€™t let it happen to lose more family members okay.'€
'€œHeh, Zena'€¦ Elias isn'€™t here anymore'€¦'€ He stepped towards Zenaida pointing his finger again Zena'€™s chest. '€œ'€¦ all because he loves you.'€
'€œWhat? Are you blaming me for Elias'€™s death? He made his own decision, I told him not to go. He ignored me and ended up like this. Do you really think I wanted this to happen? You think I wanted to lose a brother that I cared for, that I loved?'€
Caesar shook his head. '€œThat doesn'€™t mean we can let this Mason walk around without punishment.'€
'€œCaesar'€¦ please, dad? Listen to me. I don'€™t want you two to end up the same as Elias or end up in jail. Think about mom, you think she can take it to lose more?'€
'€œYou think we can'€™t take care of this Mason? Are you defending the one that killed your very own brother?'€
'€œFine.. go, I'€™ll stay with Caesar and look for Mason in California. You go and search New York. Zenaida sighed deeply.
'€œheh'€¦'€
'€œOkay you stick with Caesar.
Zena nodded shortly. '€œThanks dad.'€
'€œWhat? You think I can'€™t fight for myself?'€
'€œSon, you'€™re nowhere near the level of'€¦ Elias.'€
'€œCaesar, please?'€
'€œFine lets go and get this guy, but Zen, if you'€™re trying to stop me then'€¦. He didn'€™t end his sentence.
Zenaida shook her head and walked to her own ship. '€œLet'€™s go then'€

The three Sabres launched from the station. Splitting up at West Point. Zenaida and Caesar went to Planet LA to look for Mason. Bastiaan would search around New York. He knew his way around here, since he used to do '€˜Vigilante'€™ work around here a lot. He knew exactly where to look for the Navy patrols to check for this'€¦ Mason.

Zenaida flew with Caesar around California. They barely spoke a word to each other. Zenaida quietly transmitted a message to Mason. Hoping he would be able to fix this whole situation. It got way out of hand. '€™I just hope they'€™ll understand someday'€™
[font=Agency FB]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--- Incoming Message
--- ID: Zenaida Tantalo
--- To: Mason Ralusch.

[color=#FFFFFF]Mason,

Dad should be around New York. I'€™ve added his transponder in a link in
this message. So that you can track him. I'€™m with Caesar flying '€˜searching'€™
for you in California. So please don'€™t go to California until you found
Bastiaan, my dad.

Good luck'€¦

'€¦ love you.

Zena.

--- Message ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-29-2011

[font=Agency FB] 'Executions...'
[size=medium] How hard can they be?
Bastiaan contacted both Caesar and Zenaida after a while. He said to meet him in Bethlehem. Sometime later, all three met in the station its hangar.

Zenaida saw her dads ship land, it looked pretty damaged. It was clear that it had seen some serious combat. Zenaida already felt what was coming. She kept quiet just staring at the Sabre and it touched down in front of her. The cockpit opened and her dad got out. He looked calm.
'€œJob'€™s done'€¦ now we go home, no more annoyance around here.'€
Zenaida gulped. '€™he really did kill Mason? She sighed as she remained quiet not saying a word to anyone. Getting into her ship.
He dad looked at Zenaida walk away. '€œheh'€¦'€ He turned to Caesar. '€œGet to your ship, son. We'€™re taking your sister home.'€
Caesar nodded and walked back to his own ship and launched first. Zenaida followed and after her the Sabre of Bastiaan lifted off.

The trip home promised to be quiet, up to the point where some Outcasts showed up.
'€œZen, they are all yours.'€
She sighed as she saw the Outcast Trident close in on its bomber escort. '€œGreat'€¦'€
Zenaida prepared her systems and went for it'€¦ '€™perfect target practice.. to relief myself, dammit'€™ Zenaida thought. The bomber blew up shortly. The Trident promised to be a harder target for the lone Sabre, since Bastiaan and Caesar were waiting up ahead. Zenaida got the job done though. The Trident exploded several ejection pods were blasted into space. A small grins on Zena'€™s face got visible. '€™Jerks deserve no-less'€™. She shook her head as she saw the pods fly away in the distance. Turned around her ship and hooked back up with her dad and brother.
'€œGood to see you can still do it, Zen'€
Zenaida didn'€™t respond and got into formation, again she remained quiet. The trip continued back home, no more incursions with pirates or whatever ever other scum that could be around happened.
['€¦]
They arrived at home. Zena'€™s mother was relieved when she saw the three Sabres coming towards the station. She saw them through the window, she had been staring into space waiting for them to come back ever since they left. That showed how worried she was. The Sabres landed, Bastiaan, Caesar and Zenaida walked to the place where the Tantalo'€™s lived. Mom was waiting for them.

Once they were there. Zenaida went straight for her room, the room she always had here, she locked the door. All she wanted was to be alone. Away from what had happened. Bastiaan shook his head, when he saw Zenaida rush off to her room. Caesar wanted to follow her, but he stopped her.
'€œLet her be for a while, she won'€™t be going anywhere soon.'€
Bastiaan looked at his wife, a what fake made up smile came off his face.
'€œEverything is over now. Time will tell if Zenaida will get over it. Don'€™t let her off for while.'€
['€¦]
Some hours later. Bastiaan received a message on his PDA. He walked away from the rest and read it.
'€œWell I'€™ll be damned.'€ He shook his head, making the reply. After that he walked back, telling his wife Alice he would need sometime alone and would be in space for a while.

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 09-30-2011

[font=Agency FB] "Well I'll be damned"
[size=medium] Revenge comes at a price.
['€¦]
The last words Bastiaan said before leaving seems to have been the truth. He flew towards Ames, his mind only focused on getting rid of that Mason, nothing would stop him he thought. When he arrived there. There was no Mason, there was just a Navy lass waiting at the gate.

She blocked Bastiaan from reaching his goal'€¦
Things didn'€™t go as planned'€¦
Bastiaan blinded by fury. He didn'€™t mind shooting the lass away to reach his goal'€¦

The fighting started'€¦

The words Bastiaan said when he left Porto Novo would be involved in this event.
'€œWell I'€™ll be damned.'€
His ship blew up after the fears fighting, nothing remained, his post caught in the blast.
['€¦]
Meanwhile at home.

Zenaida didn'€™t talk much, neither did she care where dad went off to. She was turned to herself, wondering why Mason ever showed up in her life. Now he'€™s dead and so was her brother Elias. She didn'€™t know yet of the faith of her dad, neither would she ever know, unless somebody would tell her. For now she would remain home, letting things settle a bit.

Caesar was angry at Zenaida.
'€˜How could she have been such a fool to fall for the words of a damned officer. And now Elias is gone.
'€˜Ah well, that Mason guy is gone too so that'€™s at least something good.'€™
'€˜I wonder when dad will be back or where he went off to actually'€¦'€™
'€˜Let'€™s not hope he went out for one of those heavy drinking nights, he made a promise he would never do that again after last time.'€™
'€˜I'€™m sure he'€™ll be here shortly.'€™
That was what was going on in his mind most of the time.
['€¦]

Zenaida at Home - SeaFalcon - 10-04-2011

[font=Agency FB] An outcast
[size=medium] Being sent away.
['€¦]
Zenaida remained at home for a while, she didn'€™t spoke much neither did her mother, Alice. Both seemed to be worried about Bastiaan, yet not able to talk about it. He'€™d swore he would never start drinking again, yet he left, not saying where he went and still didn'€™t return. There were enough reasons for him to try and take the edge of things by drinking. Losing a son, a daughter that was having a hard time. He thought '€™Removing that guy won'€™t do her good for now, but it needs to be done to keep her from making a mistake, she'€™ll get over it.'€™.

Some time passed, Caesar had left to search for dad. He didn'€™t yet own his own ship, he flew with his dad mostly, or with one of the somewhat shared ships of the family. A scimitar. Since Zenaida remained home, he took her ship when he went out to search for dad. Not even asking if he could take it. Zenaida'€™s mother knew however.

'€œZen'€¦'€ Her mother said shortly as she opened the bedroom door of Zenaida.
'€œPack your stuff.'€
Zenaida looked up a bit surprised. '€œWhat?'€
'€œYou heard me.'€
'€œYou'€™re sending me away?'€ It didn'€™t take Zena long to figure it out, she expected it actually.
Mother would blame her for dad falling back into his old bad habits and blaming Zena too for what had happened to Elias.
'€œSo this is it, huh?'€
'€œDon'€™t need to see you for a while, Zen. You get one hour to pack your things.'€
'€œJust don'€™t be here when I get back. I'€™m going to walk a little round.'€
'€œFine, if that is what you want.'€

Her mother closed the door and walked away, through the front door. Zena shook her head, packed her stuff and took off towards the hangars. '€™Some goodbye'€™ she sighed mumbling a bit to herself as she reached the hangar. She looked for her ship, not seeing it. She figured what Caesar did since the old '€˜Scimitar'€™ was still there, on its old usual little parking spot. '€™Caesar'€¦'€™ She threw her packed back in the back of the ship, got in and took off. Even though that she saw it all coming, that her mother would say it at some point. She still feels as it came out of nowhere, not able to really believe it.
['€¦]
Zenaida wandered around Sirius, not having much than a few credits to spent, she just flew on, kept on flying, from Freeport to Freeport, eventually she ended up in Liberty again at Bethlehem. The room she had there was still hers. Something of her own. She wandered around, using Bethlehem as her home again, as she used to do before, but this time it felt different. As she flew about, not feeling too comfortable in the light weight Scimitar. She ran into guy, guys that she would normally kill/shoot without remorse, instead she talked them away. It worked with some, some didn'€™t listen. She still shot them down. It felt different though, shooting someone actually made her think. But sometimes it was still, shoot first or be shot.

At some point she ran into Lucas, a guy she chased in the past, together with Mason. Mason kept her and Elias from reaching their goal, which was getting rid of this Lucas. It made sense later as she learned it was a '€˜son'€™ of Mason, even though the ages didn'€™t match, he was too old to be Mason'€™s son. Lucas and Zena talked, at first making Lucas made comments like '€˜you don'€™t feel like shooting me today?'€™ or '€˜got a new toy?'€™. Zena was a bit confused, Lucas had lost his '€˜father'€™ because of Zena'€™s dad, yet he acted as nothing had happened. There was a reason for it though. Since Zenaida learned he was actually heading towards his dad, she didn'€™t believe it at first that Mason would be alive, ['€™would dad have lied about it? or'€¦ If he was alive, why didn'€™t he tell me? Did he want me to just forget about him? Father did fight him, his ship was damaged, and not just a bit.'€™ She kept on going in her mind. Eventually she followed Lucas as he told her to follow him if she was curious.

They finally reached Rochester, Zenaida saw a Navy fighter from a distant. She heard Mason'€™s voice of the comms. She stared at his ship from a distance. Alice a young girl about the same age of Lucas sat next to Mason. She asked Lucas what he just did. Zenaida knew enough, heard enough. She turned around her ship and went back to Manhattans outer orbit, near Newark. Lucas asked Zena to comeback, she didn'€™t feel like it. If Mason wanted to tell her anything, he would have to come to her. But Lucas insisted. She sighed and finally did head back to Rochester.

Mason sounded as if he had a lump in his throat when he started to talk'€¦
['€¦]