Discovery Gaming Community
To Daumann Heavy Construction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Daumann Heavy Construction (/showthread.php?tid=66317)

To Daumann Heavy Construction - Adam_Spire - 09-15-2011

[Image: dralexdurant.png]
[color=#00CCCC]#### Signal location: Munich-Nuremburg ####

[color=#00CCCC] Good evening Gentlemen and Ladies.

We have completed the project on Field DSC-124 (Site A).

[Image: planet1.jpg]

[Image: SiteA.jpg]

With the growing season nearly over, we were only able to cultivate various fauna, vegetable, fruit, and herb plants and monitor their results within area 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. Leaving areas 4, 7, 8 and 9, tilled fertilized and the Gimeni worms evacuated. We were able to also monitor water run-off, rain fall, and more cost effective ways to keep Gimeni worms out of the agricultural site through a combination of technological and insecticidal means.

[Image: nuremburgc.jpg]

The two Titanic transports we retrofitted to till the soil and perform most of the heavy work are being refitted back to their standard cargo transporting status.

[Image: nuremburgbb.jpg]

[Image: nuremburga.jpg]

In their initial use, the Drayman and The.Jim.Dandy were instrumental, if not unconventional, in getting this far.

In Area 1-2, Site A, we were able to transplant several varieties of apple trees ranging from gala, golden, Cortland, Green, and red delicious. Most of them were young plants that had a low yield but better to determine how a young plant grows in these planetary conditions, rather than a mature or seedling at least for now. We have plans to divert the main river way from area 2 and 3 to a centralized location to create a man-made lake for water redistribution. We can start this endeavor if Daumann sees fit to continue this project. This will help when we further develop the lower areas for next season.

In Area 3, 5, and 6 of Site A, we seeded a variety of vine plants from grapes to tomatoes, observing their growth and development over the course of a month. So far the local airborne insects haven'€™t had a serious impact on their development, nothing that standard pesticides couldn'€™t deter. Tomatoes had a standard growth, and their vines needed fertilizers as well as pepper and lesser vine plants. We still need at least a full rotational season before we can determine what is the best crops to plant. The vigil for the local Gimeni worms is extreme. They are drawn to sources of food and have even tried to dig under the harder layers of soil to get to the Site A crop areas. We are searching for methods to implement a water solution to mix with a mineral that the worms find distasteful. So far, they have been adequately repulsed by the enzymes emitted by the hybrid earth-worms introduced into the soil.

We are trying to keep the current topography of the landscape in tact to reduce wash-away and soil erosion. Though I would like to start aquatic testing on Site C, I would rather hold back until the early spring season begins here. With the planetary temperatures ranging between 10.4 and 82.4 degrees Fahrenheit which means no tropical or sub tropical agriculture should be attempted at this time under normal conditions.

Final observation:
From Site A , from this point forward, with standard farming techniques, I do not see why the surface of Nuremburg cannot be used for additional agricultural growth to eventually slowly reduce planetary imports and make the planet one step closer to becoming self sustaining.

I can establish a full report to you if you wish.

To Daumann Heavy Construction - Daumann Heavy Construction - 09-16-2011

[color=#009900]***Establishing commlink***
Comm server: Daumann.private.net
Signal boost: OFF
Commlink established

===Initiate transmission===

[Image: dhchead.png]

From:Rebecca Daumann, Daumann Mansion, Planet New Berlin

Guten tag herr Durant. First of all allow me to congratulate you on your valuable progress in this projects. We have reviewed your results and are extremely pleased with them. The board of directors discussed your project in their last meeting, you are allowed to proceed with the project. In the following days a representative from the Office of Associate Joint Projects will be paying a visit to site A, no big deal, mainly taking pictures, videos, maybe an interview or two; just a standard procedure to keep the administration happy.

There is other information you might want to know. There is a small group of college hippies, known for blindly protesting against the Daumann corporation for anything we do, always without any evidence. We believe they are not aware of Daumann's involvement on this project, but once they do, they will do their best to hinder any advance. If you notice anything unusual, let us know and we will deal with them.

===Transmission Terminated===
Transmitted: Yes
Loop: No

[color=#009900]***Commlink Terminated***

To Daumann Heavy Construction - Adam_Spire - 09-16-2011

[Image: dralexdurant.png]
[color=#00CCCC]#### Signal location: Munich ####

[color=#00CCCC]
Thank you for your continued support in these endeavors.

Displaying the results will be just fine and as for the hippies, I feel a chattering nonsensical group of people would make me feel home back at Planetform.
Most students are brisling with ideas and innovation, but even they cannot dispute the results, only deny them.

The produce made here and now will be a sample of what this land can bring.

Captain Torin Marshal is still in the Munich system and will provide adequate air and land support if things get too complicated for reason.

I still hope that the work we do here, in conjunction with Daumann will send a message to other corporations and even other houses that progress can and will be made in Rheinalnd.

[color=#00CCCC]#### Transmission Ended ####