Discovery Gaming Community
Transmission to The Omicroners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Transmission to The Omicroners (/showthread.php?tid=66598)

Pages: 1 2

Transmission to The Omicroners - Order Science Division - 09-22-2011

...Incoming Transmission...
Source: OSD, Mora Station

It would appear previous attempts to send this message were jammed, though we are not aware by who or what. Retransmitting now...

Greetings, Omicroners. As you may or may not be aware, the Order is in the process of restructuring its ranks and will be doing so over the next several months. The current three-division setup - Combat, Intelligence, and Science, lead by Order High Command - is being split into two more manageable groups: Wedjat (Combat and Intelligence) and the Order Science Division (Logistics and Research).

The Order Science Division is undergoing several changes itself, with our military ties lessened and the creation of a new, less militaristic appearance. These changes are partly out of a desire to present a more amiable face to the nonmilitary corporations and organizations that we deal with, but was first driven by the Combat Division's need to requisition additional military ships to continue the Order's campaign against the Nomads and Bounty Hunter's Guild. To that end, the Science Division has been left with few vessels with which to continue our research and logistics operations, and we are seeking new sources for vessels specifically designed to handle research, transportation, and support roles.

To that end, we would like to establish a closer relationship with our Zoner allies, both to establish new trade routes, exchange research data, and procure vessels with which to continue our tasks. It is our understanding that the Omicroners are the closest zoner organization to our native space, and that our relations with you are already held in high regards.

Down to business... we would like to extend the freedom of access to Omicron 74 and Corinth Research Station which currently covers Order| vessels to include OSD| vessels as well. Doing so will allow our researchers and logistics personnel to both establish new routes of trade between our two organizations, including the exchange of any new technologies or advancements developed by our division.

Additionally, we would like access for our engineers to work with your own on Livadia shipyard in order to produce several new craft for use by the Science Division. All resources necessary for the production of these craft will, of course, be provided by us, we do not wish to put any additional burden on Zoner forces.

We are looking forward to hearing from you, and if there are any questions we may provide answers to, simply let us know. Mora station has recently been reclaimed from the Amadora field for use by our researchers, we will send contact information for the station along with this message.

-Transmission Ends-

Transmission to The Omicroners - n00bl3t - 09-22-2011

[Image: otransmissionbarst-high.png]

This communication is visible only to The Omicroners, The Order Science Division and The Order High Command.

The Order Science Division,

Forgive our auto-blocking of your previous message. We tend to use our Spartan comms channel as a dead drop, and we figured you would re-send the transmission on appropriate channels soon enough.

First and foremost, rumours on Freeport 11 did speak of the decay of The Order's science division of sorts, so before we begin we'd like the Order High Command, or an Admiral we're somewhat familiar with to acknowledge that you are actually the science division. Security, paranoia and all that. We must be careful these days.

Also, if you have a name for your division's representative, that would be appreciated. Us Omicroners prefer a bit more of a homely touch.

After this is done, we would be more than willing to discuss any dealings with your division including any technology sharing or airspace clearance.

Sincerely,
Sebastien Coen.
Omicroner Spokesman.

[Image: otransmissionbarsb.png]

Transmission to The Omicroners - Anonymous User - 09-22-2011

[Image: map2d.png]
[Image: cajaopen.png]
Greetings Mr. Coen.

The OSD is part of the Order.

Transmission origin and encryption checked.

Everything okay.

Let me know if there are more questions I can help with.

Collister out.

[Image: cajaclose.png]

Transmission to The Omicroners - Tenacity - 09-22-2011

[Image: 2i7lfrq.png]
Source: Commander Kaylee Staite, Order Science Division

"Thank you for your timely response, Mr. Coen, I hope Vice Admiral Collister's response was sufficient to verify the original transmission. I can appreciate that the Omicroners prefer a face to speak with, rather than just a generic signal, and any further business between the OSD and the Omicroners may be directed to me personally as the Science Division's lead director. I will include private contact information for my vessel with this transmission should you wish to keep further communications out of the public eye."

[Image: e0lbfr.png]

Transmission to The Omicroners - n00bl3t - 09-24-2011

[Image: otransmissionbarst-high.png]

This communication is visible only to The Omicroners, The Order Science Division and The Order High Command.

Vice Admiral Caja Collister,

My thanks for your swift response. It is good to see our friendship is valued.

We will continue talks with the OSD, and defer any higher up questions, shall we say, to you.

Commander Kaylee Staite,

Nothing personal about checking, but I have to safeguard The Omicroner's interests.

I have alerted the Board of Seniors and they will deliberate your proposal for access to Omicron 74 immediately. I expect a positive response, but formalities must be followed.

The stationing of engineers on Livadia Shipyard is also within our reach, and so is reinstating access for the OSD to Corinth Research Station. Sparta however, is out of bounds. Any ship attempting to dock or breach it will be shot down. The Seniors will discuss this as well.

Our trade department always welcomes new contracts, and Dankien Moebus will be given access codes to this transmission.

Unfortunately, the chances of us producing several new craft with anyone apart from Zoners is very little. If you are caught with Zoner vessels, it looks extremely incriminating for us. However, we would like to hear your exact proposal, before the Seniors deliberate on this.

Sincerely,
Sebastien Coen.
Omicroner Spokesman.

Transmission to The Omicroners - Tenacity - 09-24-2011

[Image: wlyf40.png]
Source: Commander Kaylee Staite, Order Science Division

"We await the board's decree with anticipation. While the subject of access to Omicron 74 is discussed, I'll bring forth our current goals as far as ship construction and procurement is concerned."

"Obviously the Zoners are in such a position that use of their vessels in a military fashion might jeopardize their neutrality, know that I'm fully aware of the implications therein. The OSD, as was previously mentioned, is directing its efforts away from direct military involvement, so in regards to any hostile conflict with other organizations throughout Sirius such vessels will only be used in self defense. I make it well known that no pilots or officers under my command are to ever fire the first shot against any non-alien targets. Much of the reason for our requesting access to Zoner starships is, of course, to reduce the hostile appearance of our operations - using military vessels invites military action, using neutral and civilian vessels reduces that invitation."

"First and foremost, we would like to design and begin production of a modified Zoner Fearless-class destroyer to function as the Order Science Division's flagship. We are in the process of developing numerous new technologies, both for combat and noncombat applications, and the need for a testbed vessel of modular design able to equip these technologies and provide field testing results is obviously going to be a priority. Our engineers have been working on designs for such a vessel for quite some time now, beginning before my year-long mission into deep space that I recently returned from, and it has been decided that the Fearless' internal and external design, along with our need for a nonaggressive appearance, best suits these designs.

"Beyond that first vessel, we would like to procure several Corvo-Class reconnaissance/exploration vessels in the future, but the need for those ships is not immediate in any way."

Transmission to The Omicroners - Tenacity - 10-11-2011

Source: Commander Kaylee Staite, Mora Station

"It's been some time since we've spoken, unfortunately with the repairs ongoing at Mora station I cant be sure whether this was due to a communications blackout or intended delay. Has a decision on our proposal been made? The Science Division awaits your response with anticipation."

Transmission to The Omicroners - Tenacity - 10-12-2011

"During one of our recent assignments, the OSD Research Vessel "Ailuros" was dispatched to perform data collection on solar anomalies in the Omicron Delta System. During that assignment, the crew of the Ailuros discovered anomalies within Delta-2, the system's Medium White star, which indicate that the star may be on the verge of a phase change which could substantially increase it's mass, size, and relative surface temperature to the point of threatening Freeport 11's position. Due to the rate of stability loss within Delta-2's internal reaction process, it is likely that this phase shift will occur sometime within the next year."

"I'm uploading the report on Delta-2 below, the full mission report from the Ailuros may be found HERE. It is our recommendation that the Omicroners establish satellites to keep an eye on Delta-2's destabilization and, if necessary, begin preparations to move Freeport 2 into a higher orbit to avoid any damage from Solar Flares and Gravitation anomalies generated by the shift."

Uploading Data...

[Image: 2d9193m.png]

Subject: Solar entity Delta-2
Classification: Medium White
Luminosity: 30~
Surface Temperature: 7,000~ degrees Kelvin

Anomalies:
Destabilizing internal reaction and extreme solar flare activity detected, indicating a phase shifting period, likely the result of Iridium deposits from the nearby asteroid field adding to the star's mass. If the star's fusion reaction re-stabilizes, it is likely to shift to the blue spectrum and expand. Could potentially put Freeport 11 at risk of increased radiation emissions, heightened gravitation pull, and extended solar flare activity that may potentially reach the Freeport's orbit.

Command Note: Recommend informing Zoner leadership of potential shift in Delta-2's mass and spectrocity, Freeport 11 may need to be moved into a higher orbit to avoid damage due to increased solar radiation.

Transmission to The Omicroners - moebus - 10-12-2011

[Image: 373t3ymz.png]

Greetings Commander Kaylee State

Thank you for sharing these useful information. Marco Cabulb is in charge of our research department, so he will manage omicroners resources. Also, I guess Marvin James Orphelia, the administrator of Freeport 11, should be informed too of the threat of the stars in o-delta. I hope, all three together we will be able to handle this.
I'm forwarding this transmission to Corinth research station.

Best regards,
Dankien Moebus
Omicroners Senior

Transmission to The Omicroners - Tenacity - 10-12-2011

"I know Marvin relatively well, I'll contact him personally."