Discovery Gaming Community
TO: Mr. Jonathan Cook of ToP. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: TO: Mr. Jonathan Cook of ToP. (/showthread.php?tid=66686)

TO: Mr. Jonathan Cook of ToP. - shemkel - 09-24-2011

[Image: trans_bar_mike_oneal.png]

Dear Joe,

Have you noticed those drones in Kansas?
It seems we have a new neighbour...

I've sent a broadcast to find out who it is. And someone replied me. No name, no video uplink, only threats and such things...

But I think I saw such drones once. It was on my cruise around Omicrons. I think it's either Order or BH made.
I don't think the Bounty Hunters would be interested in Kansas... On the other hand, why the hell would Order want to settle a base so close to Virginia? If only LN would know about it, they'd nuke the whole planet...

I know you have some contacts here and there... Maybe you could ask some people about those new Kansas residents?

Regards,

Mike O'Neal

TO: Mr. Jonathan Cook of ToP. - Tailsdoll - 09-26-2011

Incoming transmission...
Source: Slum City, Room 001, Medical Bay
Recipient: Commander O'Neal
Unknown encryption method detected...
Mobile transmission unit detected, retracing signal...
*ERROR* - Cannot detect source of signal...
Message decrypted by unknown methods...
Message decrypted in private channel...
Video uplink established.

[Image: BigJoe.jpg]

Greetings, Mr. O'Neal,

First of all, so nice to see you again. As per our last order, I'm afraid the non-solid version will be unavailable. Apparently, there are people who just don't enjoy good profit.

Jonathan coughs, and one could swear he said "Or life" between coughs...

Have no fear though. The regular stuff's on the way.

Secondly, I'm sorry to say I'll be refraining from any actual deliveries for a while. Guess where I was when LD-14 got captured?

Jonathan rolls up his eyes...

Damn Kusarians... Anyway, I'm quickly recovering from a few gunshot wounds and will be fine in a few weeks.

Now, as for the drones... If there's something in my life that I enjoy, it's neutrality (hence, The Project). Obviously, sometimes there are people who just can't let people live out their lives peacefully. Of course, there are also people like that with big guns. Last time I tried chasing one of those drones up to a certain planet (whose name shall remain unnuttered), my ship lost both wings and half its working system due to AA fire. After that incident, I decided to NOT go there.

Order, you say? Interesting notion... Maybe our little Nomad-killing friends have a tiny base hidden deep within Liberty? That'd be nice, if true. Sadly, that would also mean we'd have to be extra careful with the Navy. As if our position wasn't bad enough as it is...

I'll try to contact a few... interested parties...
If anything pops up, I'll be sure to call.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Cook

Connection terminated, video uplink lost...

TO: Mr. Jonathan Cook of ToP. - shemkel - 09-29-2011

[Image: trans_bar_mike_oneal.png]

Dear Joe,

Let's get a bit less formal, shall we?

I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I hope you will recover soon.

I've been talking to this Colonel Daniels. It seems that he leads a group of ex-order members. They seem quite peacefull. A bit scientific and a bit anti-nomad.
They will probably need some supplies. I told him that you're the guy to look contact to if they need anything special.
They seem to be a bit paranoid about Wichita. I have no idea what do they do there... but I guess we'll figure it out one day.

regards,

Mike O'Neal