Discovery Gaming Community
Zone 21 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Zone 21 (/showthread.php?tid=6706)

Zone 21 - looqas - 03-05-2008

I've been reading a lot about this but have no clue of it's nature besides it's somewhere in Liberty and is no-fly zone except without license.

Help an old man with his quest for knowledge, would'ya?

Zone 21 - Etaphreven - 03-05-2008

[SPOILER?]

Zone 21 is the minefield which surrounds the gate to the Alaska system, and the Alaska system itself. Alaska is the place where the Navy are conducting secret experiments with nomads:P

The minefield is east to Battleship Missouri. If I recall well, that is...

Zone 21 - Vape - 03-05-2008

in rp terms Zone 21 and what it contains are:
CLASSIFIED
But OORP, Zone 21 is the minefield surrounding the alaska Jumpgate
which in RP is denied by the navy

Zone 21 - Panzer - 03-05-2008

RP: Freelancer's equivalent of area 51 in the US. Never heard of it, never been there, no such place

SPOILER

Reality: An egg-shaped minefield with a spherical opening inside and a tubular channel leading to it. The jumpgate to Alaska is there, accompanied by two weapon platforms.

Easy to reach, the clearing in the mines is big enough even for a battleship fight.

Zone 21 - looqas - 03-05-2008

No spoiler for me that place. I was just wondering where it was. Why is it called Zone21? In game maps?

Zone 21 - Cawdor - 03-05-2008

it sounds comparable to "area51" as templar said. secret place with many many aliens on the tables :O

€dit: when will RM send spies in there btw? before or after a strike of the order?;)

Zone 21 - Dusty Lens - 03-05-2008

The LPI look to the right when moving from the Missouri to Texas, and left when moving back again.

There is no Zone-21. The only kind of Alaska we know anything about is the baked variety.

If you wish to know more about either location a friendly LSF officer would be more than happy to ask you questions in a barren room located untold miles from light and hope.

//If you pull up the nav map and inquire as to the info on the location, that's where you'll note it being called Z-21. And all of the warnings and whatnot telling you to stay the heck out.

Zone 21 - Geisha_Maiko - 03-06-2008

(Spoiler)

It's a big dissapointment.
I got some help in figuring a way into the minefield.
2 weapons platforms and a jumpgate.
Over by the far 'north end' is an unknown planet.
Then your in Alaska....which has 2 prision bases.......the whole sector of space is packed with 'Ice Rocks' and NoMads.
The bases have nothing to sell......Nothing really to buy...and you'll be bored within a few minutes.
Oh, and there is a jumphole going to an Omicron system.

The very least, it is a short cut from NewYork to a Omicron system.

Zone 21 - Horon - 03-06-2008

We should really use the [spoiler] bbcode if its installed..