Discovery Gaming Community
[Archived] The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: Liberty Government Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+----- Thread: [Archived] The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center (/showthread.php?tid=67162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - FIST.Co - 10-30-2011

[Image: FIST_Logo.png]
To: Andrew Brown
Subject: Request to use Magma Hammer Line
Full name: Fist & Co

Callsign of ship in question: FIST|

Equipment requested:
N25 "Magma Hammer" Liberty Plasma Cannons
TN26 "Magma Hammer" Liberty Plasma Turrets

Reason for request:
Fist & Co will start active service of fulfilling various contracts. However as civilian company, we lack equipment, which would be a match for the hardened criminals. Liberty is the center and the most crowded colony, which in return invites the biggest amount of criminals, therefore putting our company in disadvantage when comparing technology used. If we were to use equipment on par with what criminals have, we would be able to fulfill our services better, more efficiently and faster, which in return would put less civilians in danger to be harassed by the same criminals we are hunting.

While the following is not the reason, however I feel the need to mention, that when Libertonian technology would be used in Bretonia, it would show and reflect the strong and cooperative relationships between Liberty and Bretonia. As well as strike fear into the hearts (or whatever there is in place of them) of criminals, who would see the raw power of Liberty's advanced technology.

Therefore, by allowing Fist & Co to use Magma Hammer line, Liberty would receive two benifits - safer Liberty territory and stronger, closer relationships with Bretonia.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty:

That is not up to us to decide. While we have not yet starting active service we already are registered with main Liberty buonty board ( Registration Form ). I hope that will be enough as a proof of our intended standing at least.

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [X]

Respectfully,
Mark Lee,
Fist & Co

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-04-2011

Mina Juliana Irrlicht;

First of all, I apologise for the delay. I would like to ask if your request is still valid, but for now I will assume that it is.

I've had conversations with my colleagues about this request, and we've finally decided on how to deal with it. It may be surprising for you to know, but I am not the final word even though I head this department.

Among the biggest concern for the Republic is that your reasoning, destroying Outcast transports in the Tau systems, is neither provable nor enforceable. Short of negotiating for a quota of destroyed smuggling transports traveling through your area of influence, which carries its own problems such as the varying degree of traffic and the tendency of individuals to follow the path of least resistance, we don't have a solution which would validate your reasoning.

However, the Independent Miners Guild have something to offer the Republic of Liberty. You may have come seeking our weaponry, but those within our military expressed great interest in getting their hands on some of yours. In addition, the primary focus of this administration is security, national and local, of Liberty space. As we are not convinced of the benefits of providing you with weaponry to aid your hunt of the Outcasts far away from where we can realistically validate your results, we would like the IMG to contribute to our security by engaging in a mutually beneficial arms exchange. It would be greatly appreciated if you could bring this offer to the attention of the relevant people within your organisation.

On the other hand, if the IMG cannot contribute to the security of the Republic of Liberty in this way, we would require something different in exchange for our weaponry. That is, we would require a sustained increased IMG presence in Magellan, to prevent the spread of crime through that region. Unfortunately, that area has become a flashpoint as I'm sure Fleet Admiral Hale made clear to you through bringing the actions of the BDM to your attention. We would measure this over a long period of time, and if found to be lacking, the weaponry you wish for would be repossessed.

If both are impossible for your organisation, you will unfortunately have to pay a premium, as your friends in the ICMG did, for weaponry.

Let me be clear, the money raised here goes to raising the standard of security within and around the Republic. If this can be done another way, such as diversifying our arsenal to aid flexibility of our military capabilities, or encouraging friendly forces to increase their contribution to the safety of the people within our borders, then this is the preferred method. However, if not, the revenues gained almost certainly go other initiatives aimed at keeping the Republic of Liberty safe and secure.

Mark Lee;

Having had comprehensive discussions with my colleagues and associates, we have come to the understanding that your request does not offer the Republic of Liberty much for what you ask, and you ask for a lot. Let me summarise our collective understanding of your request.

Firstly, you are requesting an unlimited supply of Magma Hammers. That is a lot of weaponry, and contrary to popular belief, these things do have costs of production.

Secondly, you are requesting them because of their superior performance relative to more widely available weaponry, which is understandable, but crucially not a reason for us to grant the request.

Thirdly, your real reason hinges on security services yet to be rendered to the Republic of Liberty, which we would pay for anyway. In fact, granting you this weaponry and increasing your effectiveness could be compared to the nation taking a financial one-two FIST to the face. The first being the financial implications of producing weaponry at no cost to you, the second being that the weaponry would increase the amount that the Republic pays out in bounty claims to your organisation. An added problem here is that, as you have yet to perform any services for the Republic, you have not earned her trust.

Lastly, I couldn't resist the pun. Yes, my humour is awful.

All this leads me to one question: Just how deep are your pockets?

If I were you, I would try to cultivate your relationship with the Republic a little more. The amount of trust and faith that you are asking us to place in an uncertain venture is astounding. Furthermore, as you are unproven and unknown to us, we cannot be sure of any return on an investment, let alone one of this size. The security and safety of the Republic of Liberty is of paramount importance to the administration, but we would rather place this level of trust in a private security firm with a history of success and efficiency. The level of risk you are asking us to undertake is huge, and while the Republic encourages constructive risk-taking on the part of business, we do not condone it in excess.

Unfortunately, Fist & Co will need to bring a lot more to the table before we consider your request.

- Andrew Brown, Head of the Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Syrus - 11-05-2011

-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Comm. ID: IMG|Erzengel (Mina Juliana Irrlicht)
>> Source: Planet Honshu, Honshu
>> Target: Andrew Brown, Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center, Liberty
>> Encryption: VERY HIGH
Greetings again mister Brown, it is good to hear from you.
My request is still valid. Be assured the delay is no problem, a house like Liberty has a lot of business going
on, I can understand that.

I will present the guild masters your proposal and await their decision.
This might take a while, I will contact you, once they have come to a conclusion, or they might send you a
message to further discuss either of the proposals, if accepted. If their decision is against both proposals
though, I accept having to pay a premium.

Thank you for your time.
Yours respectfully,
Mina Juliana Irrlicht

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-05-2011

Mina Juliana Irrlicht;

Of course we understand that what we ask requires comprehensive deliberations, and there's no real rush. Please take your time; we will be waiting patiently for a response from a member of the Independent Miners Guild.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - VoluptaBox - 11-05-2011

[Image: mmheader.png]

Good day gentlemen, this is not much of a request, as it is a check up.

A while ago, you may or may not remember, I requested permission to use a "Guardian" very heavy fighter, request which was approved, at the time.

However, before the details could be registered, as far as I can tell, a hacker broke into the system causing major chaos.

The whole thing caused my old request's details to be lost

You may have foreseen what the question is: is said request still valid? On the other hand, if the Republic deems that the request is overdue, I will decommission the ship at one of your facilities.

Do have a nice day.

With regards,
Simon Templar.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - FIST.Co - 11-05-2011

[Image: FIST_Logo.png]
To: Andrew Brown
[color=#FFFF00]Subject:
Request to use Magma Hammer Line
Mr. Brown,

That is understandable attitude. Something I expected.
I should have been more clear as I asked for the rights to use the line in unlimited fashion, but not unlimited numbers, as I see no good reason to lower the possible numbers for Liberty's forces themselves.

As for your question - our pockets are owned and shared with Interspace Commerce. Thus you can just imagine the type of funding we could recieve if the need arises.

For now, Fist & Co will be attempting to work in direction, which will prove its dedication and will tighten relationships with Liberty.
Respectfully,
Mark Lee,
Fist & Co

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-05-2011

Simon Templar;

If you can dig up any information on your old request, including responses by myself, that would help greatly in rectifying your situation. As I understand it, only the opening communication was lost, so your records may still exist there.

Assuming you cannot find any older records, you will have to go through the process again. However, as you are a member of the Mandalorian Mercenaries, a group that has a proven track record in the Republic, this should not be a problem.

Mark Lee;

As the Republic is a nation of laws, unlimited on a piece of paper means unlimited in reality. Unfortunately, as it would be entirely subjective to distinguish between the two, there is no facility to do so. Again, a risk that we feel is, at this time, not worth taking.

I look forwards to reviewing your application in the future, when you have established a positive reputation of efficiency and excellence.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - VoluptaBox - 11-05-2011

[Image: mmheader.png]

The request in question, had been forwarded to the former Requisitioning Center, which is no longer operative.

With it, proof of my request is gone as well. I will re-run the procedure here:

Full name: Simon Templar

Callsign of ship in question: MM~Simon.Templar

Equipment requested: 1 x "Guardian" Very Heavy Fighter

Reason for request: Mandalorian Mercenaries have a tradition of working for the Republic, of that I have no doubt you have knowledge. Not possessing the means to produce weapons ourselves, we rely on what our contractors can provide. The ship will be used exclusively within Liberty space (unless an emergency situation requires otherwise), to assist Liberty peace keeping forces.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty:
[Image: freelancer2011110520291.jpg]

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [X]

A little side note: I already possess the vessel, thus the production of a new one for me will not be necessary. If any payment is deemed appropriate, please specify a bank account.

Best regards.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Syrus - 11-09-2011

-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Source: Java Station, Ta-23
Good day mister Brown.
I was authorized to inform you about the decision the Independent Miners Guild administration made
regarding the weapons request deal.

The proposals were brought before the guild masters and discussed by them. Unfortunately it was decided
against both of them, which means I will have to pay the premium.

The Independent Miners Guild cannot give out their weapons to a military force that easily on grounds that
those weapons might be used against another house in case of war. This might harm our relations with
them. Especially taking a look at the current war against Rheinland, we prefer to keep a neutral stance
towards this.
Restricted approvals might be given out on a case-by-case basis, but I cannot promise that.

As already stated, we are in heavy fights against the Outcasts in the Taus lately and we also have to keep
our other mining grounds safe, therefore we cannot dispatch a larger defence wing to Freeport 4. The
Perihelion should watch over that base, but primary protection can only be granted in a close sphere around
this base, due to the limited forces we have available. We are sorry we cannot provide more defences,
even our convoys were targeted by pirates around there, but we really need to focus on protecting our
major mining sites.

So, please state what this premium for the weapons will be.

Yours respectfully,
Mina Juliana Irrlicht

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Syrus - 11-17-2011

-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Source: Java Station, Ta-23
It seems like we had some transmission problems on Java and the message was not send out properly,
guess I will have to retransmitt it.

-- Attached transmission: previous message.