Discovery Gaming Community
[Archived] The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: Liberty Government Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+----- Thread: [Archived] The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center (/showthread.php?tid=67162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-24-2011

Simon Templar;

Out of curiosity, I would like to know what constitutes an "emergency situation". That said, the Mandalorian Mercenaries have established a reputation of professionalism and trust in the Republic, and I feel it would be unwise to take a ship back that's already yours.

We wont penalise you for the premature shutdown of the requisitioning centre in the past. In fact, your name was added to the list when you brought up this issue. This is only procedure, but here's your receipt.

Equipment Request:

' Wrote:Full name: Simon Templar

Callsign of ship in question: MM~Simon.Templar

Equipment requested: 1 x "Guardian" Very Heavy Fighter

Reason for request: Mandalorian Mercenaries have a tradition of working for the Republic, of that I have no doubt you have knowledge. Not possessing the means to produce weapons ourselves, we rely on what our contractors can provide. The ship will be used exclusively within Liberty space (unless an emergency situation requires otherwise), to assist Liberty peace keeping forces.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty:
[Image: freelancer2011110520291.jpg]

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [X]

Permissions to be added:

Quote:Exact Player/Group Name(s): MM~Simon.Templar
Exact Technology Granted: 1 Guardian VHF

Mina Juliana Irrlicht;

We didn't think the chances were high, but it doesn't hurt to ask. The premium price for the weapons you want is 42 million credits; that's 6 million credits per unit. It might seem steep, but without anything to offer to the Republic directly, this is a necessity.

Please make the funds available to Ferris.Dufresne and provide proof of the transaction here. Once you do that, I will issue you with your receipt of purchase.

If you have any ideas about offering services to the Republic in order to offset this inflated cost, please voice them.

- Andrew Brown, Head of the Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Syrus - 11-25-2011

-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Comm. ID: IMG|Erzengel (Mina Juliana Irrlicht)
>> Source: Java Station, Tau-23
>> Target: Andrew Brown, Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center, Liberty
>> Encryption: VERY HIGH
Greetings, mister Brown.
As I cannot offer much else than already was said, I can understand the price.
Well, anyway, I transferred the money to Ferris.Dufresne, proof is attached to this message.

Thank you for the deal, I look forward to your response.

Yours respectfully,
Mina Juliana Irrlicht

-- Attached file: #payment_transfer

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-25-2011

Mina Juliana Irrlicht;

We thank you for your custom. Here is your receipt, and good hunting.

Equipment Request:

Quote:Full name:
Mina Juliana Irrlicht

Callsign of ship in question:
IMG|Erzengel

Equipment requested:
2x "Magma Hammer" Plasma Gun Mk IV
4x "Magma Hammer" Plasma Cannon Mk V
1x "Magma Hammer" Plasma Turret Mk V

Reason for request:
The weapons would be very usefull for me, because I am flying a heavy fighter which does
not have a powercore strong enough to support energy hungry weapons and from what I heard about the
details of those Magma Hammers, they have a very high energy efficiency. The slow refiring does suit my
combatstyle of "hit-and-run", rather scoring one hard hit than many small ones. Thanks to Liberty's fine
engineering skills those weapons are also significantly more powerfull than the Vampires we have available,
even though those are not bad. Statistics say they, being plasma-based weapons, are a more usefull
against the widely used Graviton-shields.

Now, you probably wonder how me being granted those weapons would help Liberty.
As you might know, we, the IMG, are very close to the Outcasts homeworld or core systems, as it seems.
We are in a constant struggle with them, fighting even bigger battles almost on a daily basis. We know that
you have problems with them as well - mainly with the drugs they spread throughout the houses. Those
transports often try flying through our space - and of course we stop them and destroy the dangerous
poison whenever possible. It seems we sit on one of their major supply lines, but being so close to them
also has the downside of their quick response with defense forces, when we target their transports. Maybe I
would not help you directly with those weapons, but indirectly our pressure on the Outcasts in the Taus
should influence their strength in the houses.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty:
#Reputation

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [X]

Permissions to be added:

Quote:Exact Player/Group Name(s): IMG|Erzengel
Exact Technology Granted: 2x Magma Hammer IV, 4x Magma Hammer V, 1x Magma Hammer V Turret

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Ursus - 11-26-2011

' Wrote:Full name: Festus Hagen

Callsign of ship in question: Festus

Equipment requested: (2) Liberty Gunboat Missile Turrets, (1) Liberty Gunboat Forward Gun

Reason for request: These have higher damage and lower energy usage than Bounty Hunter equivalents, and would be helpful in my anti-piracy work

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty: As a result of my work, I am in good standing with all house forces and corporations scan

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. I CONSENT

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-29-2011

Festus Hagen;

What could you offer the Republic in return for granting you access to our weaponry? In particular, do you have an established reputation within the house? For example, what collections have you made, if any, from the Republic of Liberty's Bounty Board?

Essentially, how could you ensure that granting you weaponry would be a good investment on our part?

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Petitioner - 11-29-2011

Full name: Kuba Zenon

Callsign of ship in question: IMG|Kuba.Zenon[D]

Equipment requested: 2x Magma Hammers

Reason for request: To more effectively compliment my vessel's current loadout so that I can serve the interests of the Independent Miners' Guild more easily, interests which hardly conflict with Liberty's. If that's not good enough, I'll pay more than the average price.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty: ^

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [√]

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-29-2011

Kuba Zenon;

The precedent has already been set for pricing for the Independent Miners Guild and the Independent Communist Miners Guild. As we found, while the interests of the Republic and the IMG do not conflict, they do not overlap either. Due to the unwillingness to see these overlap, for understandable reasons, the IMG and ICMG pay the premium of 6 million credits per weapon. Therefore, for two weapons, the cost is 12 million credits.

From the two you requested, I would put money on the assertion that the other four weapons you mount are experimental weapons, but this doesn't change anything. Please make the payment to the account Ferris.Dufresne and you will be issued with your receipt as proof-of-purchase.

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Ursus - 11-29-2011

' Wrote:Festus Hagen;

What could you offer the Republic in return for granting you access to our weaponry? In particular, do you have an established reputation within the house? For example, what collections have you made, if any, from the Republic of Liberty's Bounty Board?
It's my pleasure to destroy pirate ships; I do it because it needs doing, not for pay. The systems I travel in are within the Liberty zone-of-influence and I was under the impression that piracy is a problem for Liberty. I thought you would be interested in supporting these activities. Your response suggests that you are more interested in maximizing your own benefit. But since your weapons are not so much better than the gear I've already got, so if working together on this point is going to be a lot of trouble for you then I will stick with what I've got.

Freakin navy suits, why I left the military in the first place

The Liberty Surplus Requisitioning Center - Petitioner - 11-29-2011

Festus Hagen;

Since you seem to have made a very common, mistaken and contradictory set of assumptions, I will humour you.

Piracy is a problem within the Republic. Nobody denies this, and as a result, we run a wide-ranging bounty system
. This is to encourage those who feel confident with their ship to go out and put an end to a small part of the pirate menace in the Republic, and get paid for it. I reject the claim that a bounty hunter would do the job for free, because that is certainly not the definition of bounty hunting. Furthermore, even if your claim were true, such charity is prevented by the Sirius interstellar laws.

As for maximising our benefit from any deal, this is absolutely correct, though you say this as if it were a bad thing. Those who can show that they have contributed to the security of the Republic already are treated favourably. Organisations such as the Mandalorian Mercenaries and individuals such as Evelyn Foster come to mind. Both have proven invaluable in assisting the forces of Liberty when they've been able. To those without such an established reputation, we require more than assurances of service; we require a commitment, usually in the form of credits. Credits which, need I say it, go directly to the pool made available for payouts for the Liberty Bounty Board. Unsurprisingly, this means that those who cannot prove their commitment to the security of the Republic can contribute instead by subsidising the cost of extra security that others provide. And what's more, nothing stops you from earning those credits back, provided you abide by the conditions of the board.

Furthermore, the Republic of Liberty is run on capitalist virtues. Regardless of what is already available to you, these weapons incur a cost to the state. This cost is not influenced by your currently available choice of weaponry, and increases exponentially if they fall into the wrong hands. I don't have to tell you how bad it looks if our weapons are used against us, and it is found that they were willfully released by the Republic with the assumption of something quite different being done with them. To this end, it would be much less risky for the Republic if we were to only deal with organisations when concerning our weapons. In fact, many, if not all the other houses do not make their technology open to anybody except the select few with the connections to get them. I would say that Liberty is being very fair in this regard, especially by comparison.

Finally, if you feel like blaming the Liberty Navy, which I assume you meant by your mention of the "military", feel free. However, you would be blaming the wrong people.

Kuba Zenon;

I thought so. Either way, here is your receipt of purchase. Thank you for your custom.

Equipment Request:

' Wrote:Full name: Kuba Zenon

Callsign of ship in question: IMG|Kuba.Zenon[D]

Equipment requested: 2x Magma Hammers

Reason for request: To more effectively compliment my vessel's current loadout so that I can serve the interests of the Independent Miners' Guild more easily, interests which hardly conflict with Liberty's. If that's not good enough, I'll pay more than the average price.

Proof of good standing with the forces of Liberty: ^

I consent to having the equipment requested above removed upon breaking the Code of Conduct. [√]

Permissions to be added:

Quote:Exact Player/Group Name(s): IMG|Kuba.Zenon[D]
Exact Technology Granted: 2x Magma Hammer V