Discovery Gaming Community
Low level fighter brawl - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Low level fighter brawl (/showthread.php?tid=67395)

Pages: 1 2

Low level fighter brawl - blubba - 10-11-2011

Not sure if this is the right place.
I was thinking of staging a bit of a 'do' in Bretonia with just low level ships.
I see the Brets with their Crusaders and cavaliers, BHG with Piranha's, Mollys with a Basalt(?), Outcasts/Hackers with Daggers, Corsairs with Legionaires.
Level limit is 25 or below. No missiles. CD's torps, mines and of course guns are a given.

Something like transporting a prisoner or VIP from Sheffield to Planet New London. A couple of Barracuda, maybe a wing of Piranha, Cavaliers and Crusaders.
Gets intercepted by...everyone.
This way, almost everyone gets a go at shooting something and pretty much everything.
All vanilla alliances apply so Brets and BHG shoot everything else, Corsairs shoot everything else, Hackers/Mollys/Outcasts shoot everything else. Those last three can ally or maybe the passenger is specific to an individual group and only they can capture him?...up to you. I suppose it depends on the numbers.

All combatants should have RP gear specific to their ID unless no alternative exists at which point you can use allied only gear for that specific unavailable role. IFF's should also be correct.
Any faction tags can be applied if you like just for the hell of it, official or not.
I'm open to suggestions on this about...any of it really. I'm just trying to get a feel for it.

Low level fighter brawl - Varyag - 10-11-2011

From past experience from old events like this, you can keep standard missiles, however ban the train/reinforced cd. It reaks havoc on vanilla ships.

Yeah, but you end up with missile boats that insta kill little ships. That was something I wanted to avoid but ok, Thanks for input.

Low level fighter brawl - Toaster - 10-11-2011

I suggest only allowing 1-2 missiles on a ship. Also, what about nuke mines? If enough of them are in space and a CD is launched... well, you know.

Also, are armors allowed? Or would those over-level the ships?

Well you can get a cavalier or piranha with an AU2 on it. Maybe a Basalt but maybe not...
Legionaires are AU1 and I'd guess crusaders are the same. Daggers....maybe AU2 but I don't know.
Mines?
How about limit them to a specific size?
Maybe a Cutter or even a Swatter?

As for missiles, I would consider one but as I recall, when the server for Outcasts vs Corsairs was set up, all the low level ships at the start were getting kills with missiles. It was abandoned shortly after by a lot of players (not totally but a lot of players cba).
When a similar battle happened in Liberty somewhere between Manhatten and Detroit, missiles ruled and insta kills were the order of the day.
My point being that if you've spent X time making the character and you can't rejoin the fight, all that time is wasted. Theres no fun in insta death if it's you doing the dieing.
Having said that if thats what the majority wants...

Low level fighter brawl - Vladimir - 10-12-2011

I'll come. Low level fights are soo fun.

Low level fighter brawl - Tachyon - 10-12-2011

Count me in. So gonna be on a Lane Hacker Dagger.

Low level fighter brawl - CzeReptile - 10-13-2011

Can I bring some armored freighter / transport gun platform?

Low level fighter brawl - blubba - 10-18-2011

Such interest, I am overwhelmed.
Ah well, it was just a thought. A bit of light entertainment as it were...

Low level fighter brawl - Echo 7-7 - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:Such interest, I am overwhelmed.
Ah well, it was just a thought. A bit of light entertainment as it were...

The [LN]/[HF] had a similar event a few months ago. You may wish to use similar equipment guidelines to that one. If you forum dig through here you should be able to find it.