Discovery Gaming Community
Metagamme or not ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Metagamme or not ? (/showthread.php?tid=67735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Metagamme or not ? - Soban - 10-19-2011

Hello,

I was thinking about something really annoying.

So here's the issue.

As Station Administrator, ( Ames research station) I should have access to docking bay log. (And by extension I should know who are in the station) So I should know who is on-board the station. Right know the Cerberus squad are there to meet the CB. Should I know that they are on-board ? Should I know that they have a party ?

Or that will be metagamming from my side ?

Metagamme or not ? - Mao - 10-19-2011

Yup, you know they're there but, unless you asked them, the reasons they're there can't be revealed. You don't know they're there to meet the CB. It could be just a coincidence. but, as station administrator you should be able to go and ask a few questions.

That's my opinion.

Metagamme or not ? - FGDireito - 10-19-2011

Yes, you are the Station Administrator, you should know that they entred your station, but you may or may not know that they are going to have a meeting.
If is a suprise party for you, then don't ruin the suprise :P

Metagamme or not ? - Echo 7-7 - 10-19-2011

Sounds very meta. Cerberus would likely use fake transponders to hide their presence.

Edit: Depends if the administrator even knows who both parties are.

Metagamme or not ? - AshHill07 - 10-19-2011

I'd say yes. It is your station after all.

Until we get cloaks it'd be pretty difficult to sneek up on a station.

Its like sneeking up on a base in the middle of a flat open desert wearing a rainbow coloured T-shirt under cover of daylight.

Metagamme or not ? - Jack_Henderson - 10-19-2011

Your base, ingamely (if you are generally accepted as the owner) you know.

As long as you don't play destructively against them, there will be no problem but you will merely open some new, interesting rp opportunities.

Working against a rp might not be a good idea, though. If you want to, I'd talk to the rp leaders of the parties you want to interact with oorply.

Metagamme or not ? - Soban - 10-19-2011

I don't want to do anything but that made me think about it. I have contract signed with CB so since they stay on the public part. If they come with fake identity, I would not know them, but on the private station part security system are much higher. But well.

Also :

Quote:Sounds very meta. Cerberus would likely use fake transponders to hide their presence.

I see some of their ship in space with a huge cerb tag on it near ames.

Quote: (if you are generally accepted as the owner)

With One year as Ames admin, recognized by the 3 official Zoner faction I think I can say I'm the current owner.

Metagamme or not ? - sadtranslation - 10-19-2011

' Wrote:As long as you don't play destructively against them, there will be no problem but you will merely open some new, interesting rp opportunities.

Working against a rp might not be a good idea, though. If you want to, I'd talk to the rp leaders of the parties you want to interact with oorply.
Mary Sue, anyone?

I'd say that you can play as you desire; let me rephrase, use the common sense and keep the poker face when the people complain that they couldn't get their perfectly planned story finished; all 'cause the cat ears wearing underaged maid caused havoc in the conference room.

I think I may need to elaborate this later. Or I may do it now.

Consider Ames a developed playground for you and the others. Add a set of rules somehow, a kind of user agreement one accepts when bringing a character to play there. Docking bay logs? Sure. Security cameras? Of course. I doubt that you would demand the character stepping on the floor of the docking point to take all the skeletons out of wardrobes, but you should have the information to play with for yourself.

Metagamme or not ? - dodike - 10-20-2011

The safest way would be to ask the parties involved if they have any objections. If not go ahead.

Metagamme or not ? - Dab - 10-20-2011

This is a topic that has never come up to the moderating team. I, and I think the other mods, would be interested to see the community's opinion on this.

I will hold my own opinions on the topic for now.

Mandatory pink for moderator post.