Discovery Gaming Community
Are game reviewers idiotic? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Are game reviewers idiotic? (/showthread.php?tid=67763)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Fletcher - 10-20-2011

These days everytime I see a new 'AAA' game, or any new shooter I see the lines "Best shooter ever!" or "Best Multiplayer Ever". Sorry, I know you've had a go of the game, but until you fully play it for a week you'll just never know.

Also, to any game reviewer who has the nerve to call MW3 the best multiplayer game ever, really needs to buy Bomberman, a multitap, four controllers and a PS1. Get the drinks and let the fun begin!

Best shooter ever? Its Team Fortress 2 every time for me.

I know its a matter of opinion, but I am seriously considering that most reviewers these days are all bribed buggers, or the game companies keep focusing on three words in a sentence and mock the rest up.:rtfm:

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Irwin - 10-20-2011

Is this another one of your Drunk Ideas, Fletcher? ;P.

I imagine some game reviewers are paid for the rating they give to a certain game, rather than the credibility of their review. Positive reviews are good publicity. That being said, there are still some credible reviewers. IGN rarely steers me wrong, although it has in the past.

When ever I'm looking for a credible review on a certain game, I check if the reviewer's reviewed games I've played in the past and if his reviews have at least some similarities to my opinions on the game.

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Echo 7-7 - 10-20-2011

' Wrote:Best shooter ever? Its Team Fortress 2 every time for me.

Demoman is OP.

Or: My skill as a Sniper is appalling, yet it is the only class I can play well.

Or: I really, really don't like the map 2Fort.

RE: old games.

Some of that stuff is the boss. Classic games are great.

MW3 has far too much hype in my opinion. The Modern Warfare series appears to have become very formulaic.

Are game reviewers idiotic? - AshHill07 - 10-20-2011

Go watch Zero Punctuation on The Escapist. He rips a majority of these games appart. Something most critics don't seem to want to do these days.

Plus he plays the game for a week to complete it. Well, unless he thinks its so terrible he doesn't need to bother.

His seems to have the only review that actually tells the truth about how much MW2 is copy and paste of CoD4.

Oh. Forgot strong language warning. xD

' Wrote:Is this another one of your Drunk Ideas, Fletcher? ;P.

I imagine some game reviewers are paid for the rating they give to a certain game, rather than the credibility of their review. Positive reviews are good publicity. That being said, there are still some credible reviewers. IGN rarely steers me wrong, although it has in the past.

When ever I'm looking for a credible review on a certain game, I check if the reviewer's reviewed games I've played in the past and if his reviews have at least some similarities to my opinions on the game.
OI! Check the signature, I'm sober you heathen!

I don't trust IGN or Gamespot at all these days, usually I go out of my way too look for smaller reviewers or just people writing stuff about the game to get a 'non-industry' look at it. Or just watch an episode of Zero Punctuation.

' Wrote:Demoman is OP.

Or: My skill as a Sniper is appalling, yet it is the only class I can play well.

Or: I really, really don't like the map 2Fort.
RE: old games.

Some of that stuff is the boss. Classic games are great.

MW3 has far too much hype in my opinion. The Modern Warfare series appears to have become very formulaic.
Demo is not OP, learn to use Pyro.

Hype should not equal quality. Bloody marketing, it does have its purpose, but outright lying annoys me.

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Irwin - 10-20-2011

' Wrote:OI! Check the signature, I'm sober you heathen!
I thought you might have been too drunk to change it. ;P.

I don't get paralytically drunk any more!

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Rapur - 10-20-2011

' Wrote:Best shooter ever? Its Team Fortress 2 every time for me.

Unreal Tournament [Image: emoticon-0176-smoke.gif]

Ah yes, Unreal Tournament GOTY is one of the best around, I got it on my Steam.

Godlike bots on InstaGib Facing Worlds CTF... Madness.

Are game reviewers idiotic? - Makc_RU - 10-20-2011

You opinion is a bit childish, it is all about marketing the product and selling it.