Discovery Gaming Community
AC_Merc for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AC_Merc for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=6833)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

AC_Merc for server administrator - Igiss - 03-10-2008

As many of you know, our server administrator named BULLDOGNK has resigned from his position a week ago. I highly appreciate the work he was doing during the last year, and regret the controversies associated with his departure. Me, and other administrators, have no issues with BULLDOGNK staying on the server as a player and this board as a member, as long as he follows the same server and forum rules that are valid for everyone else.

Our server administrators: Fellow Hoodlum, Caylith, Kane, Korrd, and Majk, as well as myself, will continue to do the job, working as a team, and maintaining the high quality standards that have become one of many things that make this server different from others, and better than others.

However, the server is growing, and the community is on the grow as well; departure of one administrator is logically followed by assigning a new one. The first choice supported by everyone from the team was AC_Merc (Aaron), who played on Discovery RP 24/7 for a very long time, and gained good reputation for good faction leadership skills, responsibility for his actions, and impartiality. Those are the qualities truly needed for the position of administrator.

These are the reasons why I, like many times before, start this poll and ask every member of this community to vote in it, and possibly to post and voice their opinion about AC_Merc's as our possible future administrator.

Thanks for your participation.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Robert.Fitzgerald - 03-10-2008

I think AC_Merc would do a great job. I voted yes because I have seen the good work he has done.

The question is: does he want to be an admin? Its a big and tasking role.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Igiss - 03-10-2008

Yes, he does. We had a conversation by e-mail recently, and he confirmed his will to become an administrator.

Otherwise, I wouldn't start such poll.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Robert.Fitzgerald - 03-10-2008

Oh okay. That clears it up.

Well, I hope he gets the position. Let's hear what others think.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Kambei - 03-10-2008

why are you asking? If all admins suport him than where is problem?

AC_Merc for server administrator - ian - 03-10-2008

well i cant think of anyone better than someone who has stayed for so long to actually be rewarded:)aslong as he is a fair person then i am all for it!

AC_Merc for server administrator - Reverend Del - 03-10-2008

AC works hard to keep these forums in check, and I do not doubt he'd work just as hard to keep the server the same way. He gets my vote.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Laowai - 03-10-2008

For sure

While i have only been part of the community for a couple of months, i have noticed his work on the forums - He seems to present an open mind and a clear head. I voted yes.

AC_Merc for server administrator - ioha - 03-10-2008

' Wrote:why are you asking? If all admins suport him than where is problem?
Discovery is a place that does care what the community thinks. I support that way.

I also support the idea of having AC_Merc as an Admin. During the time I've been here, he showed excellent work here on the forums (never met him ingame yet) as a moderator. I guess he would make a fine Administrator for the server and thus maintain the high quality we get on a daily base here.

Voted 'yes'.

AC_Merc for server administrator - Jwnantze - 03-10-2008

Great idea. Voted yes.