Discovery Gaming Community
Mercenary Tag Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Mercenary Tag Question (/showthread.php?tid=6845)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mercenary Tag Question - PinkydaBrain - 03-10-2008

I was pirated by a person in the sigma 13 system alesalita or something like that . he was using a merc tag is this allowed by a merc ? :angry: :angry::angry::angry:

Mercenary Tag Question - Jinx - 03-10-2008

i guess you mean a merc ID ( and not a tag ) - no, its not allowed. however... if you carry contraband, a merc ( aswell as a BHG ) may order you to drop it - and pick it up himself to sell whatevery he can grab. - but he cannot tax or fine you.

and a merc / BHG should not do it when there is police around ( official player police ) cause it is semi unlawful. the thought about it is.... a BHG / merc might not sell the stuff himself or order you to drop it. but if in doubt, the official police will allways rather belive a BHG / merc than a smuggler.

so in order to be within RP ... a BHG / merc will screenshot your hold, then ask you to drop the cargo. if you refuse, he can blow you up, cause you are a criminal. if you drop it - he can pick it up and should sell it at the CLOSEST police base ( like delivering evidence ) - if he carrys it longer than the closest selling point that he can ... as a lawful dock to... he incriminates himself.

mind, a merc might even do criminal stuff - but not piracy. a merc must never tax / ask traders to drop cargo if the cargo is legal. only if there is a contract on a person, he can attack you when you re not breaking the law.

Mercenary Tag Question - Clayph - 03-10-2008

Just read the tag.. I think it says "Pirating is not allowed on regular basis"..
That's all.. And don't make it a public trial.. Keep the names for yourself..;)

EDIT: There's always someone faster than me.. Grr..

Mercenary Tag Question - Linkus - 03-10-2008

Yes it is allowed. The Merc tag states he cannot pirate regularly. He can pirate occasionally.
Plus it seemed more of a joint venture between a BU and the merc.

No trial or anything i just want to rp and trade pirates don't bother me if they are pirates but when i give credits and some other char with a merc tag demands cargo its not right . I like pirates especially the outcasts
and alot of the corsairs. I travel through their space on a regular basis. I was curious as to the rules if he is punished then so be it. I didnit make a trade trip for nothing. I am more than willing to help and do anything to rp but when i lose 12 mil cargo and all my cargo pods and time i get a little nuts bwhaaa. :0) No action is requested just happened once

Mercenary Tag Question - Jinx - 03-10-2008

i would still say that piracy from mercenaries must be based on a contract, - like a contract made with pirates to assist them in their daily work.

i do not think a merc can pirate on his own behalf, nor on behalf of an "imaginary friend". - for such a contract, i would strongly suggest that the mercs tag, ship and equipment matches his kind of work then.

i d hate to see a liberty gunboat with IMG weapons a merc ID and something like a Navy tag to pirate IMG traders.

He was under contract from a pirate also.

Mercenary Tag Question - ParanoidAndroid - 03-10-2008

Sry but from the begging of my adventure here I haven't seen (well maybe a few times..) mercs who hold on any logical and reasonable line with ship/equipment/tag...also their's behavior leave a lot to be desired.

To answer your question, only in 1 siutation (which was already said) they should be allowed to pirate: if they are hired by pirate faction to participate in their actions. That's it.

Here is the letter i sent.

I got robbed by alesalitis in sigma 13 and according to tag you are not allowed to pirate? Am i right normally i don't mind give 1 or 2 million credit i even gave a cheetah thruster to my outcast friends any help would be appreciated.

Reply:
The merc ID does definitely not allow pirating. If you have the screenshots could
you post them in the sanction thread for us please, and we can do something about it.
Thanks for the PM.

Hood

Does that mean the Admins can't read infocards? =P