Discovery Gaming Community
Mini RP Events - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Mini RP Events (/showthread.php?tid=685)

Pages: 1 2

Mini RP Events - Angel - 02-23-2006

This is an idea ive had for a little while now, the basic thought is that you have BIG rp events right, well how about Minor RP events, something that is on a smaller scale, can happen more often and wouldn't need to schedule weeks in advance.

Things like Small scale battles, or Trade runs that get ambushed, things of that nature. So to kick it off ill post mine and set up a time for those who want to help.

Base Attack

Need two players, in Rheinland Wraths to help assault a pirate base in hamburg.

Stats: They need to have Rheinland weaponry( Don't worry ill buy the stuff for you if you want), more than likely our fighters are to strong for the Pirates but this is an RP thing, i just need the fighters

Will pay 5 mill to each participant, and we'll set up a date and time, it will probably only take 10 mins or so

any takers?

Mini RP Events - Kane - 02-23-2006

Hmm... I might be able to join up... Zerstoren has a Bomber, and it wouldn't be much to hand over the special equipment he's got and nab a Wrath. If I ever catch you on the server, i'll give you a list of what I have and you can tell me what to give to you and what to keep. Then i'll zip off to get a Wrath and load up! :D

Mini RP Events - Angel - 02-23-2006

kool, thats one need one more, ohh and ill be on the server tommorrow for a good four hours or so so maybe ill see you there.

Mini RP Events - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 04-01-2006

I'd just like to know, why these weren't carried on? :P

Sounded like a good idea.

I'm doing my part on the trading side of things tho.

Mini RP Events - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-01-2006

Raven, Nightfall and I were discussing the RP trading situation, and your talent
for organizing things *fawn*. Like you to get some stuff going if you want, and
give either of us a shout if you need a hand

Hoodlum :rolleyes:

Mini RP Events - Nightfall - 04-01-2006

exactly my ideas, I'm sorting up some ideas and some rules 2 even the odds and making the stories sound interresting. was talking with some more ppl, they like what they heard, so as I say, I'm working on a storyline 4 those, any ideas can help :D

Angel, if I remember right, I've read a thread here somewhere like "News from Sirius" (or similar), think u were writing it, how about activating it again? The idea I have is 2 make ppl read that and find tips and stuff, even announcements of events.

Mini RP Events - Angel - 04-01-2006

Well there was one, to find a hidden ship, one of mine, but no one even tried to figure it out, lol there was a 20 million credit award to and still noone tried, well i can start it again.

Mini RP Events - Nightfall - 04-01-2006

Angel,Apr 1 2006, 08:57 PM Wrote:Well there was one, to find a hidden ship, one of mine, but no one even tried to figure it out, lol there was a 20 million credit award to and still noone tried, well i can start it again.
[snapback]15498[/snapback]

a neat idea :D i like the sound of it though, maybe pump up the reward, after all u can make 14 mil on a trade run if u have a Large Train..... possibly that's why ppl didn't try... just a suggestion

Mini RP Events - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 04-01-2006

Nightfall,Apr 1 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:a neat idea  :D i like the sound of it though,  maybe pump up the reward, after all u can make 14 mil on a trade run if u have a Large Train..... possibly that's why ppl didn't try... just a suggestion
[snapback]15502[/snapback]

The reward could be 1 credit... if the story is cool, and you have fun taking part.. what else matters?

When we done that run to harris.. we didn't make much money but the story fit (i think) and we had some fun chatting along the way (getting out RP musles working), ok maybe the healthy prisoners that had to be taken back to texas did make more money, but that was a bonus, and again fit the story.. after all it was the prisoners that started the flu outbreak.

Anyway, my point is you don't win people over with money, you do it by catching their interest.

Mini RP Events - marauder - 04-01-2006

Angel,Apr 1 2006, 07:57 PM Wrote:Well there was one, to find a hidden ship, one of mine, but no one even tried to figure it out, lol there was a 20 million credit award to and still noone tried, well i can start it again.
[snapback]15498[/snapback]

I remember that...

I didnt try because:-

A) I hate riddles and am unbeleivably bad at them (trust me)

B) You mentioned that if we got them wrong you'd shoot us (were you kidding?) so I didn't want to be on the receiving end of 21 turrets of rhienlands best weaponry.