Discovery Gaming Community
Idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Idea (/showthread.php?tid=6862)

Pages: 1 2

Idea - asterix - 03-11-2008

I thin k it would be an awesome idea to
include some sort of hyper drive to large ships

It could give the abillity to transport to any system, you would need
some perameters like it could only be used once every hour or some thing
and of course it would have to be exremely expensive.

Idea - Sayne - 03-11-2008

[DELETED]

Idea - onca - 03-11-2008

Yeeeeaaaaa, pretty sure this has been brought up before. Answer is always no.... too hooky, both from a technical standpoint (unstable, crashes) and a gameplay standpoint (where do you end up, warping out to escape a battle).

Idea - Jonko1 - 03-22-2008

Never heard of a mod like that, but if you ask me it's a good idea!;)

Idea - Manni - 03-22-2008

Quote:Yeeeeaaaaa, pretty sure this has been brought up before. Answer is always no.... too hooky, both from a technical standpoint (unstable, crashes) and a gameplay standpoint (where do you end up, warping out to escape a battle).

Well, you could give this warper a charge time which could be interrupted by a CD.

I like that idea

Idea - GhostFace - 03-22-2008

' Wrote:I heard of a mod using this kind of mod, but I don't know how well it works...You'd have to do some reasearch, but I don't think it's very stable.
I believe the mod that had that was a complete conversion of Star Wars.

Idea - Panzer - 03-22-2008

This is commander Adama. Commence jump prep.

Aye Aye sir, FTL jum in 5, 4, 3, 2 , 1 Jump!

/poof/

Idea - Boss - 03-24-2008

Freeworlds only boosts the cruise speed to 750, not adding a warp drive.

Idea - darkhorse1998 - 04-24-2008

hello fellow freelancers. how's business? =)
I'm rather new here (aka first post) and I could not locate a better thread to ask this question.
I have just downloaded v4.84 of discovery and am using the newest FLMM.
I have enabled only discovery mod and i seem to crash every other time i lauch to space from either planet or station. I have the scv..er srv.. i dont know which the actual name is. It is a freighter. I get a black screen for a moment and i'm booted to desktop. I am running the server as well as an instance of the game only. I know hosting and playing = not so good.
this is my machine
3.2g amd pent equiv
3g ddr ram
nvidia Gforce 7800 pro
onboard sound
Motherboard: asus A8N-SLi

any help would be GREATLY appreciated. if you could message me with a possible fix i would be very greatful.

Idea - Boss - 04-24-2008

Hosting and playing by yourself shouldn't cause any issues. I do it a lot. It's called the CSV.

Disable 3D sound. Might help.

Also, get DBoy's lovely little FLList Server patch. Then you can join us in our little patch of insanity!