Discovery Gaming Community
ship turret fields of fire - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ship turret fields of fire (/showthread.php?tid=68803)

ship turret fields of fire - Stabby Dave - 11-15-2011

Hi.

Does anybody know whether there are any diagrams for which turrets cover which areas for a particular ship?

I've just bought a cruiser and I'm trying to find the best weapons spots to put my anti-cap/anti-fighter weapons.

I don't want it so that my AAA can only fire from 1 side of the ship, for example.

Cheers.

ship turret fields of fire - CHUNKINATOR - 11-15-2011

I don't know of any diagrams but if you tell us what ship you got we might be able to help you...

ship turret fields of fire - OllO - 11-15-2011

1 thing...you cant change slots place. You just choose to put what you can mount on slots . For example: if you dont like your AAA gun just shoot from 1 side of ship, change the gun place and to know where to put it, just mount all slots with cheap turets to test all slot places and it number + it place on ship and the shoot arc.Then put suitable gun on suitable slot which match with it. Its only way to avoid money waste also.It may help ye.

ship turret fields of fire - Aethermole - 11-15-2011

However, if you run a open snigleplayer, you can check there without needing to put a dent into your sever credits. You should be able to remember the order of weapons to place the things in.

ship turret fields of fire - Varyag - 11-15-2011

I just played around with all of mine till I got them where I wanted them. Took 10 min.

ship turret fields of fire - Varyag - 11-15-2011

Usually mixing anti cap with anti snub weapons in any OK number makes you weak to both unless it is a battle cruiser.

Just a friendly capwhore heads up.

ship turret fields of fire - Veygaar - 11-16-2011

Use 2 pulse, 1 mortar, rest primary turrets;)Move them around till you get them where you want/to your style. Every cruiser has different arcs for each turret slot. Just gotta test it you mate.
Cheers

ship turret fields of fire - AeternusDoleo - 11-16-2011

Simplest way it to mount a cheap basic turret on all slots, then activating them 1 by 1 to test their arcs. If you want to do it outside of the game, you could use HardCMP (google it) to open the ship model files directly, and check the HpTurret arcs.

ship turret fields of fire - Stabby Dave - 11-16-2011

' Wrote:Simplest way it to mount a cheap basic turret on all slots, then activating them 1 by 1 to test their arcs. If you want to do it outside of the game, you could use HardCMP (google it) to open the ship model files directly, and check the HpTurret arcs.

Hard MCP. Thanks. I'll give it a look.

Cheers.

ship turret fields of fire - Tenacity - 11-16-2011

If you're looking for firing arcs on a specific ship let me know, I use ioncross to test out ships in singleplayer and can acquire any ship and any weapons necessary.