Discovery Gaming Community
Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept (/showthread.php?tid=68889)

Pages: 1 2

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Torvette - 11-18-2011

Although it's not as fast as a starflier but it still is one of the most agile bombers in Sirius, sacrificing armor for speed and still packing the bomber punch.The Xenos built it on the Aegira bomber engine. This ship has been designed in a way that creates an optical illusion to the enemy, looking like a starflier from far. But as the enemy draws near, it realizes it's fatal mistake.

............................................................This discussion is closed..................................................................

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Echo 7-7 - 11-18-2011

Optical illusions... don't really work from space.

Also, it's a bit difficult to see the overall shape of this ship. Do you think you could provide images without those garish yellow lines on the edges?

Also, I'm not sure about the underside of the model - it appears as if it's curved for its own sake.

A question: Why would the Xenos build their own bomber from scratch? They're not exactly known for their skill with technology. They do have access to ships like the Roc and Waran.

If you can, show us a model with textures.

Note that modellers don't get to choose the specifications for their ships - that gets left to the balance team.

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Zynth - 11-18-2011

You forgot the duct tape lines.
--
On a more serious note:
Xenos aren't exactly rich nor tech savvy. My idea of a Xeno ship is pieces of metal molded together, only uglier looking than the Junker ships.
Xenos are budget people, probably wouldn't make their own ships when they can steal them.
Also, "Moray"? Where'd that come from? Sounds Bounty Hunter-ish. Sure, some are poisonous, but "poison" really doesn't come to mind when somebody says "Moray". Try something that is a bit more...poison related.
--
Maybe it could be a replacement for the Waran. Because EVERYTHING looks better than the Waran.

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Curios - 11-18-2011

Moray:

[Image: 254px-BHBomb-s.png]

However this is not the point since name can be easly changed. But the pictures present do not look like some real submission.

Interesting concept though. But from my point of view it's too fat with too small wings. Maybe a shuttle.

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - West - 11-18-2011

I'm curious what happened to that thread with possible Xeno line in style of "devourers" from Serenity, and to those models... they were awesome.

Also... Xenos do not have materials to produce their own ship.... I think they can only "uptade or upgrade" current ships that they have. So maybe try to base on something that they have acces to.

' Wrote:Optical illusions... don't really work from space.

Also, it's a bit difficult to see the overall shape of this ship. Do you think you could provide images without those garish yellow lines on the edges?

Also, I'm not sure about the underside of the model - it appears as if it's curved for its own sake.

A question: Why would the Xenos build their own bomber from scratch? They're not exactly known for their skill with technology. They do have access to ships like the Roc and Waran.

If you can, show us a model with textures.

Note that modellers don't get to choose the specifications for their ships - that gets left to the balance team.

"Optical illusions... don't really work from space"

Yes Optical Illusions do work from space. Otherwise why do you think people build bases in asteroid fields with low visibility??? This statement of yours is very vague. It's optical illusions that define space objects and give them their color.

"A question: Why would the Xenos build their own bomber from scratch? They're not exactly known for their skill with technology. They do have access to ships like the Roc and Waran."

Considering the timeline and technology progress in Sirius, building a new ship model is not rocket science. The xenos may be not as tech savvy as some of the other factions but they are not illiterate either. And from the budget point of view, do they get the Roc or Waran for free?? They still have to buy it at the same expensive prices from other bases. So instead of buying ships by paying high prices to stations they can manufacture their own build at a cheaper price.

"Note that modellers don't get to choose the specifications for their ships - that gets left to the balance team"

I know that very well that admins have the final say. When I listed the attributes here I just wanted to share my ideas, not enforce them. I am sick of this community of people who instead of posting some useful comments or suggestions to improve the model, just keep posting why something won't work...why this will not do and stuff to show how smart and knowledgable they are. But I know for sure that if I ask what will work?, these people will have no idea. Modellers spend hours working on a model. Respect it. And if you think you are so smart why not come up with your own brilliant ideas and show us how smart you actually are?

' Wrote:
Moray:

[Image: 254px-BHBomb-s.png]

However this is not the point since name can be easly changed. But the pictures present do not look like some real submission.

Interesting concept though. But from my point of view it's too fat with too small wings. Maybe a shuttle.

There are 4 wings, not 2. And wings are almost half the size of the ship. What makes you think they are small? Do you expect a fighter to have battleship size wings or what?

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Hell Hunter - 11-18-2011

No silly billy. He was referring to the MORAY wing of BHG, as a joke. I guess.
(Unless the BHG ship is called Moray?!? I dunno)

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - Rommie - 11-18-2011

The main body is too big for those stats. It's Fafnir/Mjolnir-sized atm.

Everything else has been already said.

Xeno 'MORAY' light bomber concept - aerelm - 11-18-2011

Moray is the 'unofficial' name of BH bomber (As shown in Curi's post) and from what I've heard it's being added to the ship's infocard in the next version. Also, as the official Xeno faction is the serpentis wing, I think a snake name would fit the ship much better than a fish name.

However, as the name isn't the main concern here... As Echo mentioned, I don't think Xenos building a ship from scratch would really be the best idea, cause they're a small terrorist faction with not much resources just like Gaians, while the only difference between them is that Gaians at least have a couple of friends to help them build their ships, while the Xenos don't have any friends rich enough to toss em a whole new ship. As the Xenos mainly fight the Liberty lawful forces and BHG, I think basing the design off either or both of their shiplines would be a better idea (And worthwhile to mention, InRp the Black Widows are based on Buckshot design, so having a ship based on similar designs of salvaged parts wouldn't be much off the line).