Discovery Gaming Community
Latest General Announcement (FO) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Latest General Announcement (FO) (/showthread.php?tid=69632)

Latest General Announcement (FO) - Hellfire Legion - 12-05-2011

Ladies and gentlemen.

We have a job. Our job is making things explode. This job will get boring sooner or later.

[color=#FFFFFF]1) [color=#CCFFFF]Our home system is Vespucci.

2) Vespucci isn't far from Kansas.
3) You can mine in Kansas.
4) Our ID says: We can use Transports up to 3600 cargo.
5) We don't do anything in other houses outside of Rheinland, so maybe we can trade stuff.
6) Maybe we can trade Iridium that we would mine, even if it sells in Bretonia.
7) We are neutral with Bretonia right now.
8) We could always use a second ID for this.

[color=#FFFFFF]Discuss.

Latest General Announcement (FO) - Durandal - 12-05-2011

I don't think people will be that interested, but by all means if people want to mine, let them mine. Can't hurt.

Latest General Announcement (FO) - Echo 7-7 - 12-05-2011

I think it could be a fun diversion from our powerraiding. It'd support the increasing independence of the Legion from material limitations that have to be augmented by outside sources.

Latest General Announcement (FO) - Denelo - 12-05-2011

Lore-wise, Monterray is chock-full of iridium we got from the NTF a while back. They mined a lot of the stuff. We have enough to keep our own ships repaired for a very long time. However, when they ran from Kansas, they didn't necessarily have time to grab all their mining equipment; after all, they had the Navy on their tails, and they knew better than to lead them to Vespucci. As such, we almost assuredly have the equipment to do the mining. The main issue is more likely expertise. Given the number of ex-DSE employees we have working on Monterray and Leniex, though, chances are good enough that we have someone who knows something about that (or learned general mining and has experience mining platinum or such) that we can just handwave it in and say we do.

Trade relations with Bretonia make a lot of sense, especially if we can get MOX from them in return. I'm just not sure who else we'd trade with. We've never been huge fans of Kusari; we far too much of ourselves in the Blood Dragons for that. It is possible that we trade with the Dragons, though. Hessians and Unioners'd work well, too, especially given our budding support of their causes. We could talk to the GMG about trading iridium for their H-Fuel and Plutonium; the H-Fuel, for our small stuff, and the Plutonium, so we can more strongly concentrate our capital ship fuel and get a greater sustainability out of the same amount of fuel. The Colonial Republic and IMG would also make good trade partners, given that neither of them run iridium-mining operations to my knowledge.

If we want to take a long route, we could also consider talking with the Order about it, since the BHG kinda has a monopoly over Delta iridium. It'd lead to some interesting stuff. Problem is, it'd probably lead to HF-BHG fights in Delta, and I honestly don't think we want to be dragged out into Omicron conflicts. While a few little fights would make things interesting, a full-scale war would simply be ridiculous. The IRP potential profits are too low for us to waste many assets outside of Liberty, especially in a backwater system fighting Core ships we wouldn't otherwise encounter. That is to say nothing of the Nomads, who'd likely not take too kindly to such either. All that said, though, if the Order's building a superdreadnought, they'll need a lot of iridium, so it might still be worth doing as a smaller-scale operation.

If we decide to mine iridium, we'd definitely have to use a Miner ID. No bonuses, otherwise. Profits would be extremely low; we'd have to make it very clear that we're not doing this to earn money, just for the RP of it. That means people also wouldn't do it a lot. It'd be supplementary. Granted that, though, it'd be good to have an alternative to shooting all the time, and a change of scenery for non-AR members would likely be appreciated.

Latest General Announcement (FO) - jammi - 12-05-2011

' Wrote:If we decide to mine iridium, we'd definitely have to use a Miner ID. No bonuses, otherwise. Profits would be extremely low; we'd have to make it very clear that we're not doing this to earn money, just for the RP of it. That means people also wouldn't do it a lot. It'd be supplementary. Granted that, though, it'd be good to have an alternative to shooting all the time, and a change of scenery for non-AR members would likely be appreciated.
I'm not technically cleared to post here, so you can get a mod to invis' it afterwards if you like.

There's no yield bonuses for anyone with Iridium. You can use any ID with any ship and still get the same flat rate as anyone else. You could very easily do this with your own HF ID, and mine it in fighters if the fancy took you.

Latest General Announcement (FO) - Pancakes - 12-05-2011

' Wrote:I'm not technically cleared to post here, so you can get a mod to invis' it afterwards if you like.

There's no yield bonuses for anyone with Iridium. You can use any ID with any ship and still get the same flat rate as anyone else. You could very easily do this with your own HF ID, and mine it in fighters if the fancy took you.

Indie miner ID have a bonus. The only ID that have it.

Anyway, I support, the raidraidraid 30/7 is somewhat getting old. Fight Fight Fight... 10 LNS dreads jump in, I die of lags.