Discovery Gaming Community
A question about selling a used BS. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A question about selling a used BS. (/showthread.php?tid=70384)

Pages: 1 2

A question about selling a used BS. - themikeruler - 12-20-2011

Me and this one guy are having an argument in which he is trying to sell his Corsair Osiris for 420 million. The equipment loadout is mediocre; however, there is no BS scanner, nor any type of armor. He argues that 420 million is cheap, but I argue that for something to be cheap, it has to be sold for .7 of the price (the standard when selling a ship via the /movechar command) which would be around the mid to low 300s.

Now I'm not saying that this is a total rip off, and that it isn't cheaper, im just saying that there's a reason why he has been having trouble selling his ship.

What do you guys think?

A question about selling a used BS. - Avalanche - 12-20-2011

420M is cheap. Anything below 400M would be a joke and the seller would be a moron.

A question about selling a used BS. - Darky - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:420M is cheap. Anything below 400M would be a joke and the seller would be a moron.

That and 2 razors , 2 missiles and a mortar.
Mortar costs 10 million, 2 razors around 20 million and 2 missiles around 6 million. 7 basics cost around 5 million.
Add that all up equipment costs 41 million, the ship costs 445 million. Together 486 million and im selling it for 420 million.Which is 66 milllion less.

' Wrote:That and 2 razors , 2 missiles and a mortar.
Mortar costs 10 million, 2 razors around 20 million and 2 missiles around 6 million. 7 basics cost around 5 million.
Add that all up equipment costs 41 million, the ship costs 445 million. Together 486 million and im selling it for 420 million.Which is 66 milllion less.
I've seen battleships with CAU V sell for around that... quite frequently actually. I'm just pointing out the fact that you've been trying to sell the ship for a while and wondering why no one is taking any bites. Maybe its ur loadout, maybe its the price, who knows.

A question about selling a used BS. - Darky - 12-20-2011

Well i just changed the price to 420 million yesterday. It was much more before i guessed. I already find 420 million to be very few.

A question about selling a used BS. - Edmund.BlackAdder - 12-20-2011

I think Avalanche is right , 420 million SC is cheap.
You get the ship, the equipment and the time for ID/IFF.
If the seller may have problems to find a customer, a possible explanation is the type of the ship.
Look at the wanted ships - a Ranseur would have been sold already for that price.

A question about selling a used BS. - Avalanche - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:I've seen battleships with CAU V sell for around that... quite frequently actually.

Utter bullcrap.

' Wrote:Utter bullcrap.
I'm not spitting out lies, my friend. In fact, when i see one, which i know will be soon, I'll PM you it. I bought a Mako just a month ago with CAU V for 435.

A question about selling a used BS. - William Frederick Cody - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:If the seller may have problems to find a customer, a possible explanation is the type of the ship.

Or there simply is no special reason. Compared to my code business, sometimes good guns were really cheap, but simple just not in-fashion. Pure random.

It took me 4 months, to sell one single Kintano. No one have asked for them in that time. Reason? None. Their Price was less than these days.

So, relax, i would say. Sooner or later a customer may appear.

A question about selling a used BS. - darkxy - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:He argues that 420 million is cheap, but I argue that for something to be cheap, it has to be sold for .7 of the price (the standard when selling a ship via the /movechar command) which would be around the mid to low 300s.

You frakkin' kidding me right?

If other sell them for 420 with cap5 then why bother Q_Qing and crying about this lad here, if you can buy it off the others? If other sell them for that low, doesn't mean Darky should aswell. Although the price is bargain. It doesn't matter how much have you paid for a Mako a MONTH ago, nor does it matter how much condoms were a year ago? About 30 cents, they're 40 now. Economy changes so are the prices. Grow up dammit.