Discovery Gaming Community
New set to pwn everyone in NY - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New set to pwn everyone in NY (/showthread.php?tid=71088)

New set to pwn everyone in NY - Berny - 12-31-2011

Samael:

2432 damage per second
750m/s
4.8 damage per energy slot

Take eagle, sabre, kingsfisher, switchblade, stinger or any other civilian ship. Those guns are more efficient then most CODE guns and even do nearly same damage at 150m/s greater speed.

See you in NY. (I think some of dev team members are lolWuts with solaris BS (solaris - higher range, snac - lower) and have liberty rogue solo-pirate chars (samaels - huge damage and efficiency on same gun)

New set to pwn everyone in NY - dodike - 12-31-2011

Do Samaels work on non-rogue ships with full efficiency?

(I think dev team members are lolwuts with no faction leader friends to grant them technology)

-you local expert on balance

New set to pwn everyone in NY - mjolnir - 12-31-2011

they should not, if they do it's a bug.

EDIT: Ohh I seee.. you can have rogue id.. civilian ship and then mount sammaels. Ok that will have to be adressed.

It however illustartes to problem with adding nice stuff to some faction to compensate for something else.

New set to pwn everyone in NY - Hone - 12-31-2011

Ships should be balanced against ships, and guns should be balanced against guns.
It's ridiculous to give someone better guns to make up for worse ships, and then expect them not to use it on the best ship they can.
So if some faction has a bad ship, upgrade that ship, dont give them better guns.

New set to pwn everyone in NY - pitockm - 12-31-2011

' Wrote:Ships should be ablanced against ships, and guns should be balanced against guns.
It's ridiculous to give someone better guns to make up for worse ships, and then expect them not to use it on the best ship they can.
So if some faction has a bad ship, upgrade that ship, dont give them better guns.

Agreed.:rtfm:

New set to pwn everyone in NY - Supply and Demand - 12-31-2011

' Wrote:Agreed.:rtfm:

Agreed agreed.

Balancing is a myth anyway. At the way this goes there could never be "Next Gen" fighters and cruisers. It's all the same. No advancement. To me makes it abit dry. That's Discolancer altogether and hasn't been a new complaint.

New set to pwn everyone in NY - dodike - 12-31-2011

' Wrote:Ships should be balanced against ships, and guns should be balanced against guns.
Is this even possible?

New set to pwn everyone in NY - Gaz83 - 12-31-2011

' Wrote:Ships should be balanced against ships, and guns should be balanced against guns.

Couldn't agree more.

New set to pwn everyone in NY - pitockm - 12-31-2011

' Wrote:Is this even possible?

It means each ship must have a anti and each gun in each faction must have a same in other factions i Think,
Discuss!