Discovery Gaming Community
To: Liberty Navy Command - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Liberty Navy Command (/showthread.php?tid=71342)

To: Liberty Navy Command - SothaSil - 01-02-2012

***Transmitting message***
***Origin: Kepler system, 'Aenigma'***
***Encryption level: medium***

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
I would like to request a permission to operate and, if necessary, land within Liberty's borders. I am an sirius wide operating explorer and researcher, mapping systems, exploring and analyzing natural phenomenons and observing human behaviour; Liberty is the perfect place for latter, since you seldom find such a diversity anywhere else.
I'm in need of this permission because the vessel is a zoner built Corvo class Deep Space Explorer. I was told that you categorize these vessels as 'warships'. If you want to know why choose that ship; I needed a replacement, which should be able to operate under any conditions in space, for my former ship, which has been stolen almost two weeks ago. (Note: Therefore this permission can be revoked)
The ship has only a light armament for the sole purpose of fending of attackers.
I can assure you, I have neither intentions to cause trouble within in Liberty nor starting a war or something else. I guarantee that I never will open fire on anyone, except in case of self defense.
If the navy or other liberty departments are interesting in possible results of my work, I might be willing to share it, but I doubt that my work will concern anything of that what you would call 'important'.
If you need any other additional informations, please let me know.

I look forward to hear from you,
Sincerely,
Sotha Sil

Attachments:
Shipname: Aengima
Class: Corvo, Deep Space Exploration Vessel
Affiliation: Independent
Arms:
6x Point Defense Systems, type 'Solaris'
2x Tachyon-Antimatter turrets, type 'Battle Razor'
Proof of reputation
Researcher licence
Map of systems in queue for mapping/exploration

To: Liberty Navy Command - Sonja - 01-04-2012

Transmission; Start
Identification: Commodore Christina Robinson
Encryption: Secure

Sotha Sil;

If your Prison Liner was stolen, which is probably an adventure and a costly loss in itself, I'd hate to see your cruiser get stolen as well. Frankly, that you're requesting this because your previous ship was stolen doesn't fill me with confidence; I would think the other individuals within High Command would think the same way.

Observing human conduct within space can be done without the complex laboratories and weapon systems available to a Corvo cruiser. I'd like to know why you need all that research equipment, which as I understand it is focused much more on chemistry than the humanities.

It is good that you pledge to do things such as not shooting anybody except in self-defense and so on, but this is expected of most individuals going about their daily lives in space. It's also good that you would share your findings with the Republic, though there are plenty of academic institutions conducting research in the same field.

At this point, I'm unconvinced that you need a cruiser to do what you say you want to do.

And of course, there's the small matter of the law saying that its impossible. You'd need a really really good reason to get around that.

Transmission Terminated

To: Liberty Navy Command - SothaSil - 01-04-2012

***Transmitting message***
***Origin: Kepler system, 'Aenigma'***
***Encryption level: medium***

Commodore Robinson,

first, thanks for your fast reply.

I didn't request this because my former ship was stolen, this was meant just as a note.
I requested this permission because I wanted to continue my work in Liberty without acquiring an additional craft.
I can understand your point that you do not want any ships of this kind within your borders, so I will use a smaller ship if I should go on with my work there.

Sincerely,
Sotha Sil

***transmission sent***