Discovery Gaming Community
Regarding Player Docking - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Regarding Player Docking (/showthread.php?tid=71616)

Pages: 1 2

Regarding Player Docking - quantum244 - 01-04-2012

Another brief question, if I may. I have again heard tell of Liners now having the capability to dock player-controlled ships. May I inquire as to how this is implemented (if, indeed, the rumors are true)? Is it simply a series of server commands? Or is it a piece of equipment that can be bought? Or something else entirely?

Many thanks.

Regarding Player Docking - Kaghuros - 01-05-2012

As far as I'm aware it's a piece of cargo that takes up a lot of hold space and enables player docking on your ship for up to a certain number of snubcraft.

Regarding Player Docking - quantum244 - 01-05-2012

' Wrote:As far as I'm aware it's a piece of cargo that takes up a lot of hold space and enables player docking on your ship for up to a certain number of snubcraft.

Hm, interesting. Thanks for the info. I don't suppose you know who sells such cargo?

Regarding Player Docking - Adain - 01-05-2012

Such cargo is bought from player bases, which aren't released yet. Jumpdrives, cloaks, and docking modules are bought on Player-bases, i believe.

Regarding Player Docking - Vasuv - 01-05-2012

' Wrote:Such cargo is bought from player bases, which aren't released yet. Jumpdrives, cloaks, and docking modules are bought on Player-bases, i believe.

nope they are also sold on on NPC bases

Regarding Player Docking - Camtheman - 01-05-2012

Quote:nope they are also sold on on NPC bases

Yeah, if you count Battlestar Lost.

They're not accesible yet.

Although Player Docking does make me question...

Will the players docking use the dock spaces that would traditionally be?

Like, will the hangar doors on the Liberty Dredy open and the person be autopiloted in?

Regarding Player Docking - Kaghuros - 01-05-2012

' Wrote:Yeah, if you count Battlestar Lost.

Like, will the hangar doors on the Liberty Dredy open and the person be autopiloted in?

I doubt it. They probably don't want to code in that kind of animation, especially with moving ships. I bet it's an instadock like mooring fixtures.

Regarding Player Docking - Rummelsnuff - 01-05-2012

Jumpdrives and cloaks will be limited to certain factions (for example those that had it in vanilla like order and nomads), right?

I mean it would be weird if any rice farmer in kusari could get his hands on a cloaking device.

Regarding Player Docking - quantum244 - 01-05-2012

Good to know, thanks all.

Oh, and @Rummulsnuff, I don't know about cloaks, but my Colossus already has a jump drive. Whether that's meant to be inRP or not, I leave to the people who write the Discovery Lore.

Cheers!

Regarding Player Docking - jammi - 01-05-2012

' Wrote:Yeah, if you count Battlestar Lost.

There was a video showing a player docking with another player's ship in the jumpdrive tutorial thread. It's very quickly shown and wasn't the main reason for the video. The player just got within a certain range of the ship, hit dock and vanished. In effect, a giant quickdock point.