Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancers Reputation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Freelancers Reputation (/showthread.php?tid=72283)

Pages: 1 2

Freelancers Reputation - morrow - 01-11-2012

Good day

I'm rather acting as a Freelancer at the moment, therefore I bribed the Freelancers at Barrier Gate Station. Unfortunately, this wasn't sufficient for getting a Freelancers IFF. Since there are no missions available for the Freelancers (merely Lane Hackers) at this space station, how can I get this beloved IFF?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Morrow

Freelancers Reputation - Switchback - 01-11-2012

Find Freelancer NPCs, shoot till neutral.

Get Triple bribe.

Profit.

Ah well, wasn't aware of this kind of glitch. Double isn't sufficient? So for the triple bribe I need the bartender and 2 additional NPCs sitting and offering a bribe?

Freelancers Reputation - Toaster - 01-11-2012

Fly to Tau-29 and shoot one or two (however many to get neutral again) Zoner depots. This also lowers your Freelancer rep. On Barrier Gate, take a double bribe.

Freelancers Reputation - Domjan - 01-11-2012

What? Shooting anything not necessary, /restart Freelancer , bartender bribe + 2 off the side.

Freelancers Reputation - Toaster - 01-11-2012

I was assuming he wanted to keep his current character.

If not, then what Punker said (though 2 bribes will be sufficient).

Freelancers Reputation - Ursus - 01-11-2012

' Wrote:Double isn't sufficient? So for the triple bribe I need the bartender and 2 additional NPCs sitting and offering a bribe?
Basic idea is that bribe will take you to green text reputation. If your text is white or red, one bribe will have enough of a rep boost to take you there. By stacking the bribes you stack the rep bumps, and this can take you to max rep if you do it correctly.

In order to reach max rep with just two bribes, you need to be in negative rep with the desired faction (freelancer in this case). But... if you get low freelancer rep, the freelancer NPCs at the bar won't talk to you (empty chat bubble), and certainly won't offer a bribe. So then you are stuck having to buy bribes from other factions that are friendly or neutral with you. Since almost all of the NPCs at barrier gate station are freelancer, this means you will only be able to buy a single bribe, which will get you to green text and no higher, then you'll have to start all over again. So general rule for all of these is to get flat neutral rep (at worst -2 after that you're screwed), and buy three bribes. Guaranteed to get you the flashing IFF.

Also look at the NPCs in the bar and see what faction they are with. For example, there is almost always an outcast in barrier gate station, and if you are a little positive with outcasts she will offer you a freelancer bribe too, but if you are negative to outcasts she won't talk to you at all (empty chat bubble). It's like this for all of them everywhere. The more people you are on neutral or friendly terms with, the more of them will offer you the desired bribes. Stack em up.

You can use this trick for a lot of things. If I am making a new house ship, I get police rep -2 then buy a triple bribe, and it will get you to neutral with police guard rep too. Then you can buy faction gear at the faction police guard stations without doing military missions.

Wow, thanks all I wanted to know and even more - thanks very much for this detailed and informative post!

Freelancers Reputation - darkxy - 01-11-2012

why do u ppl complicate too much

just do /restart freelancer and ull have the fl iff/id for god sake

Freelancers Reputation - Ursus - 01-12-2012

' Wrote:why do u ppl complicate too much
because it's easier to do some busy work than recreate the map?