Discovery Gaming Community
To: Leaders of the IMG| - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Leaders of the IMG| (/showthread.php?tid=72356)

To: Leaders of the IMG| - Drake - 01-12-2012

..::Incoming Transmission::..

..::Attempting trace::..

..::Trace successful, Source: Gallia, Languedoc::..

Bonjour, hello!

Esteemed leaders of the Independent Miners Guild, my name is Jacques Martin, and I am a member of the Free Brigands of Gallia. Do not make the mistake in thinking that I am representing the Brigands, if it is even possible for one man to represent all of us. No, today I contact you on my own behalf, and mine alone.

I have found myself interest in expanding my, ah, business interests outside of Gallia, into the Taus and perhaps Bretonia, but I find myself short on friendly faces and welcome ports of call. And so I contact you, with an offer and genuine hope of friendship.

What I ask is simple: I would like leave to dock on your bases, resupply, and sell cargo. Maybe share in a few drinks, or a few hands of cards. A place to lay my head when my ship grows too cramped for comfort.

What I promise in return is this: I will never seek refuge on your base with a so-called "lawful" authority on my tail, as I do not wish to bring trouble to you and yours. I will otherwise be discreet in our friendship, so that my enemies do not become yours. I will never assault, harass, or provoke one of your own. And I will never cheat at cards unless everyone is doing so.

In addition, it would be my pleasure to offer a gift to my new friends. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with what is customary in the systems beyond Gallia, so were you to have any suggestions, it would be most appreciated.

I await your response,

-Jacques Martin

..::End transmission::..

To: Leaders of the IMG| - Drake - 01-13-2012

..::Re-Transmitting::..

To: Leaders of the IMG| - Jack_Henderson - 01-13-2012

**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Veronica Ryan, Secretary of Mr. Henderson

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Jacques Martin

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: veronica_ryan.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[color=#FFFFFF]

The IMG likes to think of its bases as ports of trade where different people can exchange cargo but also meet in a peaceful atmosphere.

Let me just say: you are welcome as long as you do not bring trouble with you. If the latter happens, you can expect that docking permisison to be removed fast and without further notice.

All your mentioned offers are accepted and describe a reasonable use of the IMG bases, something that we welcome.

Good luck in your exploration of Sirius, Mr. Jacques Martin.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***