Discovery Gaming Community
Rep fixing certificate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rep fixing certificate (/showthread.php?tid=7271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Rep fixing certificate - looqas - 03-27-2008

I'm having difficulty attaining and maintaining "proper" relations to factions with my Bowex char. Especially Corsairs tend to slip too easily to neutral in my charts. And attaining Kusari hatred is still a work in progress. Shooting NPCs really wreak havoc on the rep board, but it's IMO quite OORP not to shoot back. I've adopted a policy of shooting the NPCs only when there are players nearby.

The idea would work like a name change certificate. Buy one and rep will be fixed according to NPC factions standards.

I know some of the fun is in trying to get the rep, but also a major part of OORP is connected to reputational problems.

Another thought is that is it possible to freeze the rep? Some sort of rep card (or combine in with the ID cards) in hold would then automatically take care of the rep.

I know the rep change card would load the admins more, but hey, how about bringing extra hands on-board just for this purpose. Doing the name change and this proposed rep change certificate.

I'd actually like to see reps frozen by having an ID card. This would limit the reputational changes to mod releases and faction wars would become harder to wage.

Anyway. I'm sure this topic has been up already. Just missed in when searching.

Rep fixing certificate - bluntpencil2001 - 03-27-2008

There's too many players for that, really.

Rep fixing certificate - wrathkin - 03-27-2008

Mhm. It should be possible to create a repfix-script, that for each character

a) checks if there is an ID
b) for all factions hostile to that ID, set rep = max(rep, minimum hostile)
c) for all factions friendly to that ID, set rep = min(rep, minimum friendly)

It that was run once in a while, you'd only have to get the ID, and the rep would sort itself out (as well as give a bump in the direction of the correct IFF)

I could probably hack it, but I'd have to know if there really is a demand...

Rep fixing certificate - mjolnir - 03-27-2008

' Wrote:Mhm. It should be possible to create a repfix-script, that for each character

a) checks if there is an ID
b) for all factions hostile to that ID, set rep = max(rep, minimum hostile)
c) for all factions friendly to that ID, set rep = min(rep, minimum friendly)

It that was run once in a while, you'd only have to get the ID, and the rep would sort itself out (as well as give a bump in the direction of the correct IFF)

I could probably hack it, but I'd have to know if there really is a demand...

*cough* Gronath already made it *cough*

Rep fixing certificate - Othman - 03-27-2008

This would be loading players' responsibility on the admins' shoulders. No need for this really. It is your responsibility to match your reputation according to your ID and interests.

Rep fixing certificate - Bjorn - 03-27-2008

And this makes so many gray areas...

No, we dont need it. You can fix any rep in less than 20 mins if you are determent to do it.

Rep fixing certificate - mjolnir - 03-27-2008

' Wrote:No, we dont need it. You can fix any rep in less than 20 mins if you are determent to do it.

Right... make an RM character... and try to get red with Red Hessians, Corsairs and GMG at the same time... without docking on their bases... not to mention that you can't go to sigma 13 either.

' Wrote:Right... make an RM character... and try to get red with Red Hessians, Corsairs and GMG at the same time... without docking on their bases... not to mention that you can't go to sigma 13 either.
Request special permission from high command for sigma-13 clearance till you sort the reputation with GMG out?

Rep fixing certificate - Eppy - 03-27-2008

Yeah, rep fixing ain't as easy as we'd all like. I've got a hacker-tagged 101st destroyer right now whos rep is so screwed up I'm half-tempted to scrap her (but she's my third-oldest ship, right after the Cash Cow and the Fantasia); I mean, I've been running around trying to fix her rep for months, and right now she's in bloody Leeds trying to get the Mollies out of Hostile or something like that. One of these babies would be a godsend. Admittedly, they'd have to cost a crapload, (at least a hundred mil) but it would be very nice. I sort of want to say yes and sort of want to say no...

Well, rep fixing might be a real pain as I had to travel the entire Sirius and blow up order npcs for acquiring a Unioner guard tag since there were no order missions to take and quit. The problem was, Unioners' being allied with Corsairs and I had to drop every Corsair allied faction to the neutral status before acquiring the guard tag. I still believe this should be handled personally as it could also kill the fun of doing that on your own. However, the thing is you should still need to take heed and think twice before bribing folks or taking missions.