Discovery Gaming Community
The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. (/showthread.php?tid=72748)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - Hades - 01-17-2012

Liberty made the Osiris, and, while the Order stole the prototype, there's no way they stole/erased all and any blueprints of the vessel the Navy had, and they'd with no doubt try to construct more.

From a balancing perspective, I see no issue. The Osiris is actually a worse ship in terms of combat than the Dreadnought. The dread has one more turret, one less primary, and two more heavies, slightly better arcs, nearly 100k more armor, a similarly small frontal/back profile, while its only downsides to the Ossie is a slightly lower turning speed and being somewhat longer.

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - sadtranslation - 01-17-2012

Isn't it already "using" it?

I mean, can Hessians do the reverse engineering of Rheinland Battleship if they were good enough to create a Battleship of their own? Unioners should be allowed all Rheinland shipline, since they could for sure steal the blueprints from one of the shipyards, aha. Green cell, GREEN CELL!

Sure, use it with a nerf.

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - dodike - 01-17-2012

I concur. They should also be allowed Spyglass but propably don't want to because even HF says that Spyglass is a failed concept.

' Wrote:Isn't it already "using" it?
Technically so, but I mean from a standpoint of having it considered a Liberty ship, sold on a Libertonian base as well as an Order one, and not having a huge nerf associated with it.

Quote:I concur. They should also be allowed Spyglass but propably don't want to because even HF says that Spyglass is a failed concept.
Indeed, actually. Fair point.

' Wrote:Isn't it already "using" it?
Should be green cell though.

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - sadtranslation - 01-17-2012

Hello, wait for the next mod version to get the powercore nerf removed for any technology combination, good sir.

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - Ursus - 01-17-2012

' Wrote:I concur. They should also be allowed Spyglass but propably don't want to because even HF says that Spyglass is a failed concept.
that would be LSF using teh spyglass, maybe keep it in alaska

The Liberty Navy should be allowed use of the Osiris. - Rashid - 01-17-2012

They could produce more. But why would they want to? I always thought the Order stole it along with the plans, anyway.

' Wrote:They could produce more. But why would they want to? I always thought the Order stole it along with the plans, anyway.
How would they have? Any smart military/organization would have made copies of the blueprints, and I seriously doubt the blueprints themselves would have been in the ship's glove compartment, but more like on the shipyard which made the prototype.

' Wrote:They could produce more. But why would they want to? I always thought the Order stole it along with the plans, anyway.
There is always the possibility of stealing plans back from Corsairs.