Discovery Gaming Community
Explosion without warning - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Explosion without warning (/showthread.php?tid=72803)

Pages: 1 2

Explosion without warning - eigos - 01-17-2012

Okay, I submitted a similar thing in Lorraine in my previous report. It received a ticket number and is being looked at.

But here we are, same stuff happened in Munich. As I was flying away from the little green sun, didnt trust the auto pilot, got a HEIMDAL in my hold...and away...and away around the sun....and suddenly SPLAT.

I guess this only happens when I loot a codegun. But my gaian wildlife on my slave liner was roasted as well. How is this possible? I was flying AWAY from the sun. But appearantly not away from my destiny...

Please test this.

Explosion without warning - Silmathien - 01-18-2012

How far away you were from the sun (at minimum range)?

Explosion without warning - farmerman - 01-18-2012

I know there used to be a random death spot in the upper middle area, but I thought it was fixed. Was it the upper middle area?

Explosion without warning - Vladimir - 01-18-2012

Autopilot really screws you up in Munich. Don't trust it. Other places to avoid flying in autopilot mode: omega-11.

Explosion without warning - Syrus - 01-18-2012

Sounds like a misplaced planet-atmosphere zone.
Exact place of explosion would probably be helpfull.

Found something similar in T39, which should be fixed now.

Explosion without warning - eigos - 01-18-2012

' Wrote:How far away you were from the sun (at minimum range)?

I think around 15k

' Wrote:I know there used to be a random death spot in the upper middle area, but I thought it was fixed. Was it the upper middle area?

Yes, it was! I made waypoints to avoid the sun at all costs and splattered in mid-space...nothing there, no warning.

' Wrote:Sounds like a misplaced planet-atmosphere zone.
Exact place of explosion would probably be helpfull.

Found something similar in T39, which should be fixed now.

Have to make a CSV when I get home to test where the splattering occurs. Just like in Lorraine....

Explosion without warning - AeternusDoleo - 01-18-2012

Previous one was a sun corona in Lorraine as I recall, not a misaligned planet deathsphere. I expect this one to be the same - a sun corona that is bigger then the sun corona warning sound (the damage is a zone, the warning is a radius around the star object, the zone must be smaller then the star or you go splat before being warned).

Using F2 to head somewhere should keep you safe. Goto and dock autonav avoid high damage zones.

Explosion without warning - Veygaar - 01-18-2012

Munich's little sun can insta a Destroyer from like 10k away. I know this cause I used to trap RNC's over there:D

Explosion without warning - eigos - 01-18-2012

I was using waypoints and F2, the autopilot didnt avoid nothing.

I turn up the speakers, start reading a book, then after 2min i hear '‚¬%&@#¤ POOF BOOM, SPLATTER-SHMATTER, YABBA-DABBA-DOOO~, MAN!!!

That was the biggest emotional stress I had in days, as I saw my turrets saying "yee, we are free!" and continued their journey towards Augsburg in nirvana without me.

My turrets had a story to tell and my slave liner didnt survive to hear it. Im sure they are still flying on their own as we speak.

Seeing all this, as unexpected as it was, right when I was reading a book, resulted in me staring at the monitor for 5 minutes, thinking about starfliers and their relationships with Nova torpedos.

EDIT: Oh and by the way - I could feel the pure disapointment that the HEIMDAL i picked up had for me. If it could talk, it would sound something like this: You dumb, brainless motherf.... I hate you.

Explosion without warning - pitockm - 01-18-2012

yeah....i was in SP that this happened to me....speed hacked the SP and went there to check there....if you go in middle of suns from left side you will hear this...
'‚¬%&@#¤ POOF BOOM, SPLATTER-SHMATTER, YABBA-DABBA-DOOO~, MAN!!!