Discovery Gaming Community
replace the ID with a Pilot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: replace the ID with a Pilot (/showthread.php?tid=72908)

Pages: 1 2

replace the ID with a Pilot - Ursus - 01-19-2012

Can we rename the ID object to Pilot? So instead of having Freelancer ID in the ship we have Freelancer Pilot that is functionally identical? This way we'd always have a pilot in our ship, which would be consistent with the game universe and add to immersion.

One point of friction is the PC pilot would be in a different part of the ship than the NPC pilots. Maybe move the NPC pilot (and crew) loot object to the interior section on spawn ships too (possible?), but unmounted, so they drop as loot while the PC pilots do not.

replace the ID with a Pilot - kikatsu - 01-19-2012

This is actually a rather fascinating idea...I rather like it, works for fighters, but bigger ships have more than just a pilot on board so it would bug me a little there...if Guard IDs were kept it could say "Crew" instead of pilot I guess for the capital ship usage.

Also without moving the dropping pilots from NPCs, you can just name the dropped objects...from "Rogue Pilot" to "Rogue Escapepod" that way it can still be in the ship's drop items and make sense, rather than a spare piece of internal kit.

replace the ID with a Pilot - leonidos - 01-19-2012

' Wrote:Can we rename the ID object to Pilot? So instead of having Freelancer ID in the ship we have Freelancer Pilot that is functionally identical? This way we'd always have a pilot in our ship, which would be consistent with the game universe and add to immersion.

One point of friction is the PC pilot would be in a different part of the ship than the NPC pilots. Maybe move the NPC pilot (and crew) loot object to the interior section on spawn ships too (possible?), but unmounted, so they drop as loot while the PC pilots do not.
Good Idea. I like it.
Also +1 for all kikatsu said.

replace the ID with a Pilot - r3vange - 01-19-2012

[color=#FFFFFF]Errrr I have a char who is Maltese but flies for the CR, that will sort of mess up my RP in the case. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

replace the ID with a Pilot - kikatsu - 01-19-2012

If you fly for the CR doesn't that make you a Colonial pilot though? Or do you always carry an OC pilot in your hold for that part of the RP?

replace the ID with a Pilot - Ursus - 01-19-2012

' Wrote:[color=#FFFFFF]Errrr I have a char who is Maltese but flies for the CR, that will sort of mess up my RP in the case. Why fix it if it ain't broken?
If you are able to reset your virginity clock, then your RP skills are good enough to handle this

replace the ID with a Pilot - Hone - 01-19-2012

What about ships with more than 1 pilot, like kika said?

replace the ID with a Pilot - farmerman - 01-19-2012

I really really like this idea. The other thing is the issue with ships that have more than one person flying/captaining. I suppose Spaceship Crew could be used to complement it though. It'd be neat if it was a pilot and then one could use a command with crew in their hold to change the text from Factional Pilot to Factional Crew (and remove the crew items).

replace the ID with a Pilot - CzeReptile - 01-19-2012

Yeh great. Actually wait. No.

replace the ID with a Pilot - Toaster - 01-19-2012

' Wrote:Yeh great. Actually wait. No.

Reptile uses constructive criticism!

It's is super uneffective!

Anyhow, while the current ID system works perfectly well, this would add a little to the over all RP.

And for the problem of ships with multiple people on board, it could either be named "escapepod" or maybe just the "captain" would make it out.