Discovery Gaming Community
Custom / unique ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Custom / unique ships (/showthread.php?tid=72936)

Pages: 1 2 3

Custom / unique ships - CzeReptile - 01-19-2012

So rait, is it possible for member of community to get his own ship /notimported / to the game and fly it as a piece of equipment not sold anyplace? (much like Persephone?)

Custom / unique ships - r3vange - 01-19-2012

[color=#FFFFFF]But everyone will want...

Custom / unique ships - Jinx - 01-19-2012

thats mostly an admins decision. - if they say "yes" its only a matter of modelling anymore

Custom / unique ships - teschy - 01-19-2012

Well apparently it is possible, since we have about 3 of those (Juggernaut Mk2, Nomad Liberty Cruiser, Necrosis). It seems like the admins/devs have been avoiding this subject for whatever reason, while indeed it is quite a simple matter. You know my stance on closed factions, you it's not hard to figure how I feel about this. Turn them into regular ships or remove them. And don't make it happen again, because it's really bad, for everyone.

Custom / unique ships - Rommie - 01-19-2012

4. Kusari Imperial Yacht.

Custom / unique ships - teschy - 01-19-2012

' Wrote:4. Kusari Imperial Yacht.

The Imperial Yacht is more into the 'closed factions' category. Since it's not really Zelot's ship, but Kusari's. Still, there can only be one, so yeah.

Custom / unique ships - Prysin - 01-19-2012

i think SOME ships should be "one of a kind"... Kusari Imperial yatch is a "generations" ship... once zelot quits, someone else flies it, so its not really a prob...

If you have sufficient RP, and building up the RP for ages, like Mon'Star and the Thundra or whatever that LSC was called, its not a problem. Problem is, sorry jinx, but i still dont accept that without any prior notice you get a ship magically added into the zoner lore.

In my honest opinion, the Persephone is an example of how NOT to do it. There was RP, but all i have seen is that it wasnt an RP written down long before or gradually built up. Persephone seemed more like a ship that was added because someone wanted a personal ship. And if you admitt that, its fine, but the whole process were the persephone turns into the predecessor of the juggernought is rather blurry and seems to have quite a few holes in it.

So all in all, IF you can, with a solid backing and support of the official factions involved and also with alot of interaction with people beforehand, build up a story. And if you desire your own ship, the story must not just be in stellar condition. It must be a masterpiece, but most importantly, the story must conclude that either the character "evolves" and get the ship created, or dies in stagnation. Because a ship to be added to a char with multiple possibilites is just redundant. But when a char is locked on a track and can only do or die, THATS when such fruits as a "personal" ship comes into mind.

I did have such plans in mind for one of my chars, But iv'e come to realize that the general server population would never agree to such a thing, and thus i discarded the idea of continuing that roleplay

Custom / unique ships - Flageolet - 01-19-2012

If the ship was modelled by the person flying it (or by someone who intended this ship to be flown by the person flying it), it isnt overpowereed, and if the person doenst play like an !$&%, I dont see why not.

If the ship wasnt modeled by the person(s) nor did the person who modelled it make it for that person, the ship is overpowered, adn the person plays like an abuseive !$&%, then definately please no, not again.

Custom / unique ships - celestina - 01-19-2012

Add at least 1000 ships... Well that would make the server run worse and maybe the mod file very big? I dont care about them if i have my own ship, but many do...

Custom / unique ships - AeternusDoleo - 01-19-2012

There are 7 "special" ships in the mod right now:
Kusari Imperial Yacht (Zelot/Kusari Exiles lead)
Persephone (Jinx/Zoner supership)
Venator (Unused in Disco)
Battlestar (Unused, but available as an admin base in Delta)
Tundra (Nominfested siege cruiser. Not sure if it's played)
Necrosis (Terrorist battlecruiser)
Thor MK2 (Admin ship, not sure whose)

There's also the more or less available Barge. General idea is to have as few as these as possible, to prevent module bloat. We do not need everyone to have their custom battleship.