Discovery Gaming Community
To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=73028)

To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners - escopton - 01-20-2012

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ID: Cpt. Laetitia Colombus, Cpt. of OS&C Joy Division Royal Liner
To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners
Subject: Requesting Permission to Station in Baffin

[Image: michelletrachtenbergdotc.jpg]

Dear sons and daughters of Eris,

My name is Laetitia Colombus, I am part of OS&C's Liner Captain Roster, in charge of Royal Liner Joy Division. As you may have heard, my fiancee and GPT's CEO, Lord Ian Curtis, died some days ago. I understand he used to fly Joy Division into Baffin very often during your festival, so you probably remember him.

After his death, I took the responsibility of becoming the liner's captain, but since our base system, Edinburgh, was invaded by the Gallic Royal Navy, there is no place for us anymore there. Moreover, since Bretonia is in the verge of entering the most massive war that Sirius has ever seen, I do not want Ian's liner to operate inside the house anymore.

This is why today I am requesting permission to make Baffin the fine vessel's refuge for some time. You do have a good tourism industry back in your home system, and OS&C has not been represented there with a fix office as far as I know. We would love to station the liner in orbit of Shasta Orbital Skyhook but we would be pleased with whatever spot you choose.

The Joy Division offers all kind of amenities, ranging from small private cocktail bars to a theatre for 523 people. I bet we can reach a profitable agreement that will benefit both parties. Seeing that there has not been any business agreement between the TAZ and OS&C in the past, both parties being almost neighbours, I decided to procede this way.

I hope I am not bothering you with this if you have more urgent matters to attend.

Yours faithfully,

Cpt. Laetitia Colombus, Captain of the Greyhound Joy Division Royal Liner

END OF TRANSMISSION

To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners - escopton - 01-21-2012

A handwritten copy of the letter arrives to Xavier Triton's office some time later, along with a rolled tapestry and a note that read: Please accept this gift from us, I think you will find it intriguing. It's one of House of Curtis' family treasures, an old Terran tapestry from the days of Sol. Laetitia Colombus

[Image: 38553627450074198911098.jpg]

To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners - XTriton - 01-26-2012

----Incoming Transmission----
----Zoner signature detected ----
----Zoner ID verified----
----ID: Temporary Autonomous Zoner----
----Operator: Xavier Triton----
----Accessing...----

Kallisti Captain,

My condolences for the loss of the late Captain and the Edinburgh system. I fear many more good people *and* systems for that matter may fall prey to the coming hostilities. Be that as it may however, consider Baffin
to be your safe haven. We very much enjoy visitors of all kinds.
I have called forward to Shasta administration to prepare a docking port for your arrival.
If you require any further accommodations at arrival, do not hesitate to contact me.
Welcome to Baffin.

One last thing,
Thank you very much for the tapestry. The detail is remarkable. It will have an honorable spot
in my open gallery.

Regards,
[Image: XTritonSigniture.png]
Xavier Triton
The Trident of Eris, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin

---Ending Transmission---

To: Temporary Autonomous Zoners - escopton - 01-26-2012

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ID: Cpt. Laetitia Colombus, Cpt. of OS&C Joy Division Royal Liner
To: Xavier Triton
Subject: Requesting Permission to Station in Baffin

[Image: michelletrachtenbergdotc.jpg]

Dear Xavier Triton,

I must thank you first for your supporting words on the calamities that prey my people. The words you speak are wise, since the threat escalade seems to grow in exponential proportions. My own Brother in law, James, is fighting in the frontline on Leeds with all the joint forces. If you ask me, the key to make front to this crisis is awareness, which seems to lack around Sirius.

On the main subject that gave origin to this joyful contact, I want to thank you in the name of Greyhound Passenger Transportation and Orbital Spa and Cruise. You will also be always welcome on our installations throughout Sirius. I will make it my main responsibility to set an example of OS&C good service here in Baffin. Royal Liner Joy Division will set course to Baffin and as soon as we are good to go, I will make a public announcement on the traditional tourism channels and newsletters.

Last, but not least, Xavier (can I call you Xavier?), I am very happy to hear that you liked the tapestry so much. I did some research on this Discordianism of yours and realized the number 5 holds a great importance in your symbol pantheon, so when I saw the 'Greyhound Number Five' I knew it had to be for you people.

I hope to see you soon on board our facilities. Give me a call if you ever feel like getting a tour.

Yours faithfully,

Cpt. Laetitia Colombus, Captain of the Greyhound Joy Division Royal Liner

END OF TRANSMISSION