Discovery Gaming Community
OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... (/showthread.php?tid=73053)

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Hielor - 01-20-2012

In 4.85, when you activated Disco in FLMM, you got a dialog with a series of options. Most were things like graphics options (which were nice, btw--where did those go?) but there were a handful at the bottom that would allow new singleplayer games to start anywhere, with any rep, and with any amount of credits.

Those OpenSP options were really great for quickly trying out a new ship just to see what it looks like in game and how it handles, without wasting credits on the server.

Is there a way to do the same thing in 4.86? I didn't see any options like that in the installer...

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Kaghuros - 01-20-2012

Text entering was added to allow you to operate like an admin, but I'm not sure what the commands are and if they're enabled or not in this release.

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Grumblesaur - 01-20-2012

' Wrote:Text entering was added to allow you to operate like an admin, but I'm not sure what the commands are and if they're enabled or not in this release.

I think those are temporarily disabled as the command that enables you to see everything in the navmap also allows you to see everything on all your other characters for the remainder of that Freelancer session (until you quit out of the game).

Well, it did. Now you can't use it.

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Kaghuros - 01-21-2012

Haha oh wow that's really hacky. Is there anywhere to look up the commands to see if they work? I didn't see it on the wiki or the forums, and there's no /help command enabled in OpenSP.

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Valinor - 01-21-2012

' Wrote:In 4.85, when you activated Disco in FLMM, you got a dialog with a series of options. Most were things like graphics options (which were nice, btw--where did those go?) but there were a handful at the bottom that would allow new singleplayer games to start anywhere, with any rep, and with any amount of credits.

Those OpenSP options were really great for quickly trying out a new ship just to see what it looks like in game and how it handles, without wasting credits on the server.

Is there a way to do the same thing in 4.86? I didn't see any options like that in the installer...

Use the single player console that was added in the last update. Start a new SP game, to add cash press enter, write "cash <amount>" without the " of course.

If you want to beam yourself on a base (to get base names, you need FLStats or a similar program), write "base <name of the base>".

For example, for Manhattan, you need to write "base li01_01_base".

To set your char friendly to all factions, write "rep = 1".

For the other commands, just type "help" in the usual command window.

OpenSP options from 4.85 in 4.86... - Hielor - 01-21-2012

' Wrote:Use the single player console that was added in the last update. Start a new SP game, to add cash press enter, write "cash <amount>" without the " of course.

If you want to beam yourself on a base (to get base names, you need FLStats or a similar program), write "base <name of the base>".

For example, for Manhattan, you need to write "base li01_01_base".

To set your char friendly to all factions, write "rep = 1".

For the other commands, just type "help" in the usual command window.
Perfect, thanks.