Discovery Gaming Community
Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter (/showthread.php?tid=73068)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - sadtranslation - 01-21-2012

Simple as that; so far it had two drastic changes:

1) Cruise speed was reduced to 350 m/s, reducing its efficiency a lot.
2) Cute green "rheinlandish" engine was replaced with a generic bretonian one.

I was mostly curious about the reasoning behind the changes; one of them looks like a matter of balance, another one falls into model development;

but the old engine looked a lot better in my humble opinion - as well as the speed of a Light Fighter hardly turned a ship made of paper with energy-hungry weapons into an "overpowered" tool.

Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - Hone - 01-21-2012

Well I would assume that, the Heavy fighter having the Light Fighter's cruise speed was a bug in the first place, and that as Gaians are a Bretonian faction, having a Rhienland engine was also a bug.

On a side note, arnt Bretonian engines the blue ones, and Rhienalnd engines the green ones?

It had a small exhaust and looked perfect with the model. "Chameleon" itself isn't the ship based solely on Bretonian design. Yes, green ones, Hone, with a green trail.

Speaking of the cruise speed, so far it looked like a feature, not a bug.

Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - FGDireito - 01-21-2012

acctually I think that the green engine looked awsome on that thing! :ylove:THINK GREEN
and the speed yeah it was really it only advantage and atleast made sense since this ship is so frigile and sleek like a LF made for hit and run tactics, but now it really is the weakest HF out there.

' Wrote:Yes, green ones, Hone, with a green trail.

Well you said it had a blue rhienland engine, so was it blue or green? And if it was blue, how was it rhienlandish?

It was a typo, Hone. It was green and classy.
' Wrote:acctually I think that the green engine looked awsome on that thing! :ylove:THINK GREEN
and the speed yeah it was really it only advantage and atleast made sense since this ship is so frigile and sleek like a LF made for hit and run tactics, but now it really is the weakest HF out there.
And yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Why are you italicising my name?

Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - NixOlympica - 01-21-2012

He usually does that. No worries.

Gaian "Chameleon" Heavy Fighter - Drake - 01-21-2012

I think the problem is that HFs don't really have a place, and generally are inferior. Personally I think it might be worthwhile to merge all of Disco's fighters back into two categories: Light fighters, which are faster, but lower armor and lower power cores (generally with 4-6 forward-facing weapons of class 8-9), and Heavy fighters, with more armor and more power (and generally 5-7 forward-facing weapons of class 9-10).

I kinda agree, its annoying to see HEAVY fighters, which in the campaign, were supposed to be the slow tough beasts, turned into a light choice in the fighter line, when you bring in VHFs, and SHFs.