Discovery Gaming Community
Reduce the server limit please - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reduce the server limit please (/showthread.php?tid=73228)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reduce the server limit please - Berny - 01-22-2012

Messages have visual delay, time to time you get nearly continues Yellow lag (lag indicator on), fights are difficult above 190 already, but in 220 - even piracy is impossible, since with lag spikes which occur time to time traders can get 500 m away and under these conditions - you need to ram CD to make it work.

What's the point of increasing limit if server can't handle it?

Reduce the server limit please - Cannon - 01-22-2012

The lag at the moment isn't directly related to the number of players. It's caused by buggy models and NPCs. It'll drop back to acceptable limits eventually.

Reduce the server limit please - William Frederick Cody - 01-22-2012

I still have a ping of ~30, so np here.

Reduce the server limit please - VoluptaBox - 01-22-2012

I have to agree with this. I do appreciate the attempt, but this is somewhat breaking the game now. Better to wait a bit to get in game, than play under these circumstances.

Edit: ninja'd by Cannon. In this case, I'll just rest with "I appreciate increasing the server load limit". Will patiently wait for the lag issues to be solved. Cheers.

Reduce the server limit please - Govedo13 - 01-22-2012

' Wrote:I still have a ping of ~30, so np here.

Reduce the server limit please - Cannon - 01-22-2012

btw, to make a noticable difference in lag performance of the server, we'd need to reduce the player limit to about 120-130.

Reduce the server limit please - pitockm - 01-22-2012

wow.130-120

Reduce the server limit please - Snoozzzer - 01-22-2012

' Wrote:btw, to make a noticable difference in lag performance of the server, we'd need to reduce the player limit to about 120-130.

[font=Comic Sans Ms]It'd be kinda neat to have a second server process with read-only access to our accounts for PeeVeePee-ing during these peak times but...really... gates, jump holes, tradelanes and base docking works, text isn't laggy, meaning we can get around the universe when the server is full and have a good time.

Yep, NPCs are nigh impossible to hit, and PvP is tough, but it's really quite an atmosphere to have this many players on at once. Plenty of interactions to be had in many systems, lots of chatting and general play going on, so danke Cannon, for raising the player limit and game wayyyy beyond what the engine's original capabilities.

Reduce the server limit please - Berny - 01-22-2012

' Wrote:btw, to make a noticable difference in lag performance of the server, we'd need to reduce the player limit to about 120-130.
Well, actually, 190 gives a lot difference from 220.

On 220 - nearly continuous warp-dodging things.
on 190-200 - rare Yellows. Possible to pirate, group fight.
180-190 - CD doesn't make sharp angled turns in duels, depending on group fighters count. Mine+CD lovers cry

Below 180 - depends on group fight count, but you can do pretty much everything without visual lag.

120 and below - missiles track well, MRs don't crosshair etc. But the change isn't that big as for difference between 180s and 220...

200 limit with 5 slots was fine I say. Missiles don't track, but well, you can at least play, pirate, trade, chat and groupfight.

Reduce the server limit please - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 01-22-2012

' Wrote:180-190 - CD doesn't make sharp angled turns in duels, depending on group fighters count. Mine+CD lovers cry

Q_Q

ech. Just give it some time.