Discovery Gaming Community
I understand why.. but.. why there? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: I understand why.. but.. why there? (/showthread.php?tid=73362)

Pages: 1 2

I understand why.. but.. why there? - SniperSlice - 01-24-2012

Trenton outpost.. It's a pain in the neck in its current spot...

You have all that space further out between the two trade lanes, why not use it and put Trenton Outpost there facing the way it was prior to the move, same sort of thing as Newark Station, in between the trade lanes and not blocking traffic.
Now it just blocks traffic and is a pain in the butt; because to go to Baltimore, you use the lower trade lane ring, and going from California to Colorado, it's blocking the shorter path. Something like these is what i'm talking about:

Before:

[Image: before.png]

After:

[Image: After.png]

Not to be a critic, just experiencing it while trading through there, it can be a pain in the butt pulling a 5k trader around and down to the bottom of the tradelane in cruise. It also leaves room for possible future expansions to the base.

I understand why.. but.. why there? - TheDestroyer-9 - 01-24-2012

I completely agree! While i was fighting some xenos at planet manhattan i was near trenton outpost with very low health then i looked arround and then BOOM! I collide into the outpost and im dead... It would be nice if they move it just a little bit...

I understand why.. but.. why there? - dodike - 01-24-2012

It was perfectly fine in 4.85. How did it break and who is responsible?

I understand why.. but.. why there? - schlurbi - 01-24-2012

Stop crying. It's not like Transports are able to turn or strafe. Also, there are Places worse than Trenton.

That for Example

I understand why.. but.. why there? - Wraga - 01-24-2012

I still dont know, what was the reason behind moving the base into a new place...

I understand why.. but.. why there? - Dr.Centura - 01-24-2012

Ugh so annoying! All it does is get in the way!!

I understand why.. but.. why there? - Echo 7-7 - 01-24-2012

@ OP; I believe it's getting moved in the next update, down and out of the way.

I understand why.. but.. why there? - Enoch - 01-24-2012

' Wrote:I still dont know, what was the reason behind moving the base into a new place...
NPCs crashing into Manhattan when docking and player crashing into Manhattan when undocking.

I understand why.. but.. why there? - SniperSlice - 01-24-2012

' Wrote:Stop crying. It's not like Transports are able to turn or strafe. Also, there are Places worse than Trenton.

That for Example

Atleast you have the room to turn a bit, trenton is just like... there.. no time to turn at all. Or is that like 200meter from the lane?

----

@ Echo 7-7: But why move it down? wouldn't that just look weird? just put it there in space like a normal station.

I understand why.. but.. why there? - Madvillain - 01-24-2012

' Wrote:But why move it down? wouldn't that just look weird? just put it there in space like a normal station.

Actually i like bases being placed above or below the plain , gives more of a space feeling