Discovery Gaming Community
Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants (/showthread.php?tid=73769)

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - kikatsu - 01-29-2012

---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: Emile Lalique--
-Attention of: TAU Space/Non-Gallic frequencies
-Ship Details: BFR19 ID: Emile.Lalique

[color=#FFFFFF]
Bonsoir, Sirrians!

I am just going to get straight to the point, keep things succinct, oui? This is a general transmission to any curious merchants and scientists loafing about the '€˜Taus'€™ who are interested in procuring some rare and valuable goods from the good ol'€™ house of Gallia. Oui I know tensions are high and the Navy is blasting everything into tiny bits, but I have a way in and out of Gallic space which bypasses the warzone so I can make good on these supply deliveries without running into the Royals. You wonder who I am? No one special. I am just a man with a freighter who knows his way around'€¦ well certain parts of Gallia.

I can get you things.

In fact I am writing this from the flight lounge in '€œFreeport 10'€, a rather quaint station in the middle of a rather nice patch of ice. My ship is here and loaded up with a nice selection of cargo right now that is available for sale to any merchantman or scientist who is willing to pay.

Here is what I have for sale:
[Image: emilecargolist.png]

20 Artifact Crates: Mysterious pieces of rock and engravings pulled from dig sights on Planet Bourges. I do not know much about them, but their very existence seems to suggest that something else had to be living on the planet before the Crown arrived. The notion of the possibilities of intelligent life other than humans is rather fascinating and well worth the investigation!

1 Canister of Monaco NOX: Highly highly highly'€¦highly illegal substance in Gallia. NOX is a chemical substance that is derived from a very peculiar species of symbiotic bacteria native to Planet Marseille. The drug causes the user to experience a time slowing, sedative effect which is followed by hallucinations and later a deep sleep which lasts upwards of 16 hours. The drug has very little, if any physical dependencies, but the psychological addiction is much more intense from what I know about it. Currently there are no ways to reproduce the effects with any chemicals and drugs and there is no way of creating NOX without using the animals and bacteria. NOX research has been banned in Gallia for over 50 years, so maybe a medical use for the drug can be found in Sirrian scientists. This stuff is not easy to get.

5 Barrels of Oil: A rather common substance used as fuel in most Gallic Starships and in several industries. It is my understanding that Sirrius has very little, if any natural sources of oil so this substance could be of interest to chemists and those interested in industrial research.

30 Types of Petrochemicals (2 Canisters of each type): Again a little something something for the chemists. Here we have 30 different types of industrial chemicals, pretty big variety here, these things can be used to make rubber, some pharmaceuticals, plastics, paint, etc. I have 2 of each canisters of each, so you can use one for experimentation and one for storage.

20 Crates of Platinum Ingots: Rare and very valuable precious metal. Often used in catalytic converters in chemical reactors. Can also be used as a symbol of wealth, melted and forged into jewelry and trinkets as well as a wide variety of parts for scientific and medical equipment.

10 Canisters of Promethene: A very rare gaseous byproduct of petrochemical nuclear reactions. Frankly I do not know enough about the stuff to tell you what it could be used for'€¦ but it is extremely difficult to extract Promethene from the reactor process. Could have some interesting chemical properties, but I do not know much about it.

10 Locked GRN Crates of Promethium: The primary fuel catalyst for all Gallic engines, specifically capital ship drives. Very radioactive and highly unstable'€¦ also the crates I have are'€¦ umm well liberated GRN shipments which are locked and I have no way of opening them. But the radioactive signature is there inside them, so I can say for sure that it is Promethium'€¦ worth noting that the GRN is desperately trying to prevent this material from leaving Gallia (fear of finding weaknesses in their stardrives?).

100 Crates of Tobacco: Several crates of dried and processed tobacco leaves ready for processing into cigarettes, cigars, and chew, whatever suits you'€™re fancy. All samples are from Planet Orleans. May interest scientists, but I figure merchants would want this more than them.

30 Bottles Champagne, 70 Bottles of Chardonnay, 50 Bottles Chenin Blanc, and 50 Bottles Pinot Noir: This is the best of the best of the best of the best. No finer drinks in existence. Who would not want them?

My ship will be stationed at Freeport 10 for a few days, I am ready to sell them to anyone in the area, but I will be using the station'€™s area of grace for my own safety, mainly because I know that these Zoner fellows are rather nice in that regard, and I do not know much about the locals.

Contact me on this channel if you are interested in anything.

Adieu.
~Emile Lalique

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection OPEN--

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - kikatsu - 01-30-2012

-Boosting-

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - Akura - 01-30-2012

--< New Message >--
[color=#91cf0c]Comm ID: Dr Matilda Brown, B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.
[color=#91cf0c]Location:
Freeport 2, Bering
Subject: Purchasing Rare Goods
Encryption: Medium

[Image: j4BHm.jpg]
Dr Matilda Brown

Bonsoir, Emile Lalique,

I am very interested in the rare and exotic goods you have to offer. However, I currently find myself residing half way across Sirius, so a trip to Freeport 10 would have to be worth the journey. I would very much appreciate it if you could give me price quotes on the following items:
  • 5 Barrels of Oil
  • 60 Assorted Types of Petrochemicals
  • 2 Crates of Platinum Ingots
  • 10 Canisters of Promethene
  • 10 Locked GRN Crates of Promethium
I'll also need to know if the Oil is organic or mineral, and if it is a volatile essential oil, a petrochemical oil, a vegetable/plant oil or a synthetic oil.

On top of that, I'd appreciate it if you could provide a list of the 30 Petrochemicals. Don't worry too much if you can't provide an accurate and detailed list, not everyone is as well versed in chemistry as I am. I don't expect miracles.

And lastly I'll need to know that the Promethium is safely stored. Are the locked Gallic crates lead lined and/or the contents absolutely secure?

I do hope we can come to some sort of arrangement, these materials would be extremely useful in my current projects.

My thanks,
Dr Matilda Brown
[color=#91cf0c]--< Message Ends > --

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - kikatsu - 01-30-2012

[color=#FFFFFF]

Ah Doctor Brown, a pleasure to speak with you. Aaaand yes I can see why the distance may be a problem, I just checked the station'€™s starcharts and that is a dreadfully long distance to travel. Unfortunately there is little that can be done, I would try to fly to you but my lack of knowledge of these systems and their inhabitants could be very dangerous for me. Regardless'€¦ I just got back from my ship; I have a list of the petrochemicals for you to look over here:

Quote:Butadiene
Cyclohexane
Ethylene
Para-xylene
Propylene
2-Ethylhexanol
Acetic acid
Acrylonitrile
Ammonia
Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate
n-Butene
Cyclohexane
Dimethyl terephthalate
Dodecylbenzene
Ethanol
Ethanolamine
Ethoxylate
1,2-Dichloroethane
Ethylene glycol
Ethylene oxide
Formaldehyde
n-Hexene
Linear alkyl benzene
Methanol
Methyl tert-butyl ether
Phenol
Propylene oxide
Purified terephthalic acid
Styrene monomer
Urea

Hopefully that is all in order. I am not a chemist, but I made sure all the containers had their proper markings and identification before I left port. As for the barrels of oil, they are organic oils, likely fossil oils and still in crude form, it can be used in this state or it can be processed into other chemicals. Either way it hasn'€™t undergone excessive processing.

The Promethium is safely stored for now, the GRN crates are very well shielded (and weigh more than they are worth).
However I must advise you that this material is extremely dangerous, and it does emit x-ray radiation, so you must exercise caution upon breaking the seals. I am afraid I do not know the inner workings of the crates and their shielding, but they are powerful enough that a faint Promethium signature can only be detected a few millimeters away from the surface of the crate. As long as you or anyone that may be working with you is not in contact with the crate for long periods of time you should be safe... the very limited amount of radiation that is detectable does not travel far enough to make it a danger to your ship (but I would not advise against additional safety measures).

And lastly here are some price ideas. These are negotiable.
5 Barrels of Oil (30,000)
60 Assorted Types of Petrochemicals (480,000)
2 Crates of Platinum Ingots (24,000)
10 Canisters of Promethene (800,000)
10 Locked GRN Crates of Promethium (5,000,000)

Total: 6,334,000 for all of your requested material.

Contact me again once you have looked over the financials of the agreement and let me know where you stand. Merci, madame, I look forward to working with you.

Adieu.
~Emile Lalique

P.S. I am afraid however I will not be able to assist you in opening the GRN crates, their locking mechanisms are rather complex, you may need to outsource that task to another party if you cannot open them yourself. I will however provide the crates as stated above.

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection OPEN--

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - Akura - 01-30-2012

--< New Message >--
[color=#91cf0c]Comm ID: Dr Matilda Brown, B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.
[color=#91cf0c]Location:
Freeport 2, Bering
Subject: Purchasing Rare Goods
Encryption: Medium

[Image: j4BHm.jpg]
Dr Matilda Brown

This is good news! Finding some of these materials on the Sirian markets, illegal or not, is very tricky, others are entirely impossible to obtain. I wouldn't want you to travel through unfamiliar space the delivery, some sectors can be rather treacherous. I will set out for Tau-37 as soon as I can.

As for the prices, they are adequate considering the potential danger you risked to bring them to Sirius, I will gladly accept them at this cost. I may contact you again in the future, if the goods are as useful in my research as I hope. I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement closer to the time.

See you at Freeport 10!

My thanks again,
Dr Matilda Brown
[color=#91cf0c]--< Message Ends > --

Transmissions to Tau Scientists and Merchants - kikatsu - 02-01-2012

[color=#FFFFFF]

I look forward to your arrival, madame! I will be sure to have the station master alert me if your ship approaches... ah what ship should I be looking for, anything that would make it easier to know it is you... or is there is a set time for your arrival?

I am having the quartermaster help me prepare the cargo canisters for ship to ship transfer, it should not take long and once they are finished getting the electromag-tethers installed.

Oh I am sure this will sort itself all out shortly. Looking forward to meeting you, Doctor Brown.

bientôt!
~Emile Lalique

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection OPEN--