Discovery Gaming Community
Eve online P4F? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Eve online P4F? (/showthread.php?tid=74123)

Pages: 1 2

Eve online P4F? - M1cha37 - 02-03-2012

I heard that this year eve online is going to be Play 4 free, if that happens many players will stop playing Disco freelancer, i dont like eve, but many people like it.

Eve online P4F? - Pinko - 02-03-2012

Trust me, EVE online going free won't change much. I've paid for it for 6 months, then gave up on it.

If I wanna look at spreadsheets all day long, I'd be having studies in Economics.

Eve online P4F? - Swallow - 02-03-2012

To support huge server cluster and payment for people who work with that server they need money I suppose...but not sure if they need so much.

I played EVE couple of times (trials only), but Disco is better...way better. It is, unlike EVE - a small family, and FL has its unique atmosphere...

Eve online P4F? - Echo 7-7 - 02-04-2012

I played EVE Online for a few months last year. At first I enjoyed the in-depth and complicated economy and game mechanics but I then gew tired of it. I felt like I was being forced to log in each day just so I could queue my skill training. Even though I was playing in a Corporation (player guild) most of them were on US time zones so I was stuck doing things on my own. It was too much effort and not enough reward for me. The universse is simply gigantic and it didn't have a sense of vibrancy to it.

Now I'm playing Star Trek Online, which is free. I like it.

Eve online P4F? - Dusty Lens - 02-04-2012

EVE's game model does not support free play or any other micro transaction type model. That works fine in LOTR or similar games where you can transition investment into avoidance of traditional player obstacles or securement of various cosmetic or practical reward but would undermine the open gameplay system in eve where the abuse of alts in both the market and suicide ganks would be impossible to manage.

Eve online P4F? - Kaghuros - 02-04-2012

' Wrote:EVE's game model does not support free play or any other micro transaction type model. That works fine in LOTR or similar games where you can transition investment into avoidance of traditional player obstacles or securement of various cosmetic or practical reward but would undermine the open gameplay system in eve where the abuse of alts in both the market and suicide ganks would be impossible to manage.

That and the fact that they already have a well-integrated ingame game-time market that essentially lets them sell game cash to lazy players for real money.

Eve online P4F? - Reid - 02-05-2012

EVE is too big.

WAAAAY too big.

In their trailer, they talk about the butterfly effect, but when I played I felt like a minuscule grain of sand in the Sahara. This place is more my speed.

Eve online P4F? - Don_Paco_Corleone - 02-05-2012

Eve i have play it, but its to dificult and to big...verry verry big game and the space its gigantic
i fly with a ship and i take a look but no way to dificult
and for free? i think no....people say to much bla bla bla

Eve online P4F? - Mao - 02-05-2012

I'm sure going to give EVE a chance if it goes free.

Eve online P4F? - Don_Paco_Corleone - 02-05-2012

' Wrote:I'm sure going to give EVE a chance if it goes free.

Of Runescape its a funny game.:D